Where do these QBs play next season?

Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I mean, wasn't he ready to spend $17 mil per for Osweiler? Frugal goes out the window when you're chasing a franchise QB.

True, but with Brock he initially offered less before the Texans put in their outrageous bid.  He almost botched Von's resigning by undercutting him.  Sometimes it works though, as he got steals in Chris Harris and Derek Wolfe.  But if he is planning to land Cousins, you're right he'll need to go all out.

46 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Is it a given that Brissett will be the Colts' starter next year? If Luck is back, where is Brissett playing? 

What's his contract status? I assumed he was locked up for at least one more year. With Luck's uncertain status, cutting Brissett would be insane. If he's a FA, then the Colts won't be able to afford him. He's shown enough that someone will give him starters money.

I could see Denver wanting him.

EDIT: Of course, if a team signs McDaniels as HC, he might push hard for Brissett, and Brissett might want to play under his old OC.

What's his contract status? I assumed he was locked up for at least one more year. With Luck's uncertain status, cutting Brissett would be insane. If he's a FA, then the Colts won't be able to afford him. He's shown enough that someone will give him starters money.

I could see Denver wanting him.

No way. Elway wont go with a middling young, pretty unproven guy for the third straight year. He will trade a kings ransom to get Darnold/Rosen or sign a veteran with a legitimate pedigree (Cousins, Eli, maybe even Tyrod).

He cant afford to screw up the QB situation for a third straight year, and for that reason I just cant see him gambling on unproven or 'coming off injury' guys like Brissett and Bridgewater. He legitimately could lose his job if he doesn't find a reliable middle tier QB for 2018.

Archived