Where do these QBs play next season?

Rich7sena

Thread title says it all:

Eli Manning - Arizona Cardinals: Arians says he likes to coach old guys.

Case Keenum - Minnesota Vikings: Sign both Keenum and Bridgewater to identical deals. Keep one and trade the other before week 1.

Teddy Bridgewater - Minnesota Vikings: See above.

Jimmy Garoppolo  - San Francisco 49ers: Can't see him going anywhere else.

Alex Smith - New York Jets: Transition player who can keep the team competitive.

Jay Cutler - None: I think he's ready to definitively say goodbye after an injury riddled year.

Tyrod Taylor - Pittsburgh Steelers: Big Ben might actually retire after this season. The team will have to work some cap magic, but he's a realistic option to plugin between franchise starters.

Andy Dalton - Cincinnati Bengals: Marvin Lewis' reported exit might prompt a full on roster re-do. Dalton has an out in his contract in 2018 but at just over $16 million a year, his cost isn't prohibitive for the team.

Kirk Cousins - Washington Redskins: I don't feel great about this one, but I still find it hard to fathom the Redskins letting Cousins get away.

A.J. McCarron - Buffalo Bills: I wouldn't doubt the Browns' valuation of McCarron is shared by at least one other team in the league. The Bills have been well of top QB prospect range all year.

Arizona won't be a very appealing destination for Eli, IMO. That team doesn't look like they are gonna be in the race and to go from OBJ and the rest of his weapons to what Arizona has... would be tough. I still like the thought of him signing a 2 year deal with JAX.

Washington will want to keep Kirk Cousins but I don't think he will be willing to stay.. I know I wouldn't.. They messed around with him too much by tagging him two years in a row.. Dude is ready for his payday as he is proven he can be a franchise QB in this league. Cousins to Buffalo.

Eli had the consecutive starts streak along with 12 playoff games. That's a lot of football and that makes him "old" by NFL standards

He's old ( 36) and when it gets cold, all of that old makes it harder to compete late in the season. We saw it with Favre and Arians saw it with Palmer. Strong start to the season followed by a late fade. Look at Eli's performance vs the "vaunted" Packers defense in the cold playoffs of Lambeau last year

72 passer rating and only managed 1 TD

Look at Eli this year playing at WASH in 33 degree weather. Passer rating of 42

59 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Eli had the consecutive starts streak along with 12 playoff games. That's a lot of football and that makes him "old" by NFL standards

He's old ( 36) and when it gets cold, all of that old makes it harder to compete late in the season. We saw it with Favre and Arians saw it with Palmer. Strong start to the season followed by a late fade. Look at Eli's performance vs the "vaunted" Packers defense in the cold playoffs of Lambeau last year

72 passer rating and only managed 1 TD

Look at Eli this year playing at WASH in 33 degree weather. Passer rating of 42

Well we will see how Rodgers acts in cold weather next week and see if he still has it. If only they played on Sunday Night instead of Saturday then we would have seen a game in below zero Fahrenheit temps possibly.

Edit: Wait he may not even play next week. NVM.  

I made some personal predictions on these not too long ago.  Here's what I got and I'm adding some in there.

1.     New York Jets – Kirk Cousins

2.     Denver Broncos – Drew Brees

3.     New Orleans Saints – Tyrod Taylor

4.     San Francisco 49ers – Jimmy G

5.     Minnesota – Teddy B and Case Keenum

6.     Washington – Alex Smith

7.     Cincinnati Bengals – Andy Dalton

8.     Cleveland Browns – Trevor Siemian

9.     Jacksonville Jaguars – Eli Manning

10. Miami Dolphins – A.J. McCarron

11. Arizona Cardinals – Blake Bortles

Eli Manning - retired. I don't think he'll want to play anywhere else, to be honest. He doesn't have much left in the tank and learning a new offense probably isn't high on his bucket list, either.

Case Keenum - Vikings

Teddy Bridgewater - Bills

Kirk Cousins - Jaguars

James Garoppolo - 49ers

Blake Bortles - Steelers

Alex Smith - Cardinals

Tyrod Taylor - Chargers

AJ McCarron - Browns

Drew Brees - Saints

Archived