• Ja’Lynn Polk
    • JuJu Smith-Schuster
    • Javon Baker
    • KJ Osborn
    • Jalen Raegor
    • Kayshon Boutte
    • Tyquan Thornton

This stuff kills me. Raegor is useless.

ST in today's NFL with the rule change have little affect. Most kicker can neutralize any return.

Your lucky to get one return in a season.  If you have to use someone else other than Jones have him on the PS

Worse scenario have Peppers fair catch the ball.

Reager a waste of a roster space.

EX Boutte or Reager    

Reager don't lets the door hit you on the way out . Bye

On 6/2/2024 at 8:46 AM, m haynes said:

ST in today's NFL with the rule change have little affect. Most kicker can neutralize any return.

The new kick off rule change will change returns in a big way.

How confident are you in the young WR in the room?  Are Polk and Baker guys who will eventually carve out major long term roles or do you see WR ad being a 1st round priority in next years draft?

15 hours ago, prob2236 said:

How confident are you in the young WR in the room?  Are Polk and Baker guys who will eventually carve out major long term roles or do you see WR ad being a 1st round priority in next years draft?

Thats certainly the hope. The team seems to like Bourne and Osborn, and Pop has to be a staple, so I’m not sure when those snaps will come. If I there aren’t breakout seasons in Year 1, that’s alright.

I think most predict OT/OL being the #1 going into the 2025 offseason. Wallace or Chuks somehow being decent at LT would be crazy lucky.

On 6/3/2024 at 11:08 PM, Soko said:

The new kick off rule change will change returns in a big way.

Sorry I don't see that.  I see the kicking team with more opportunity to stunt and twist while the receiving team has to maintain their lanes (like OL) and stay in sync. One gets out of line or in front of the other will cause blocking break downs, hole in the line.

That if I'm readying the rule correctly.

53 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Sorry I don't see that.  I see the kicking team with more opportunity to stunt and twist while the receiving team has to maintain their lanes (like OL) and stay in sync. One gets out of line or in front of the other will cause blocking break downs, hole in the line.

That if I'm readying the rule correctly.

There’s going to be waaaay more returns than in previous years, and the receiving teams have a big advantage. 

- The kicking team can’t move until the returner either has the ball, or the ball hits the ground (other than the kicker).

- Touchbacks are now at the 30, instead of the old 25 (or the even older 20). Two first downs and you’re nearly in FG range.

- Any ball landing short of the “landing zone” (the 20 yard line to the end zone) will be spotted at the 40 yard line. 

- Any kick landing in the “landing zone” must be returned.

- The blockers on the return team have to align between the 30-35 yard line. They also can’t move until the ball either hits the ground or the returner.

So that means the 75% of unreturned kicks last year is going to go way, way down. Kicking teams don’t want to boot it into the end zone, and sure as hell don’t want to boot it short of the landing zone. And if the ball is properly kicked, the return team has no avenue of not returning the ball. Forget the new blocking setups that will be tried and tested across the league, the sheer number of increased returns is going to force teams to put better returners back there. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see an all-time high in return TDs, league wide.

12 hours ago, Soko said:

kicking team can’t move until the returner either has the ball, or the ball hits the ground (other than the kicker).

That goes for the receiving team as well.  They have a short distance before the kicking team is on them they have to be in sync while the kicking team can create stunts and picks. I don't see it the way you do.

With every thing you say,  I still see the kicking team with the advantage. I look at it as a OL spread way to thin to cover the gaps. The receiving team cant charge out and attack they have to protect. IMO that's a big disadvantage.

Will there be more (force to) returns, yes. The rules are set for more returns however its not going to be a big factor in the game. The so call home runs will be few and far between.

Last the rules IMO are designed to help the offense with field position. They get a minimal gain they are at the 30/35. Kicker miss the zone 30 yard line big advantage to the offense field position build into the rule.

This rule give the fan the excitement of the return with little results.

That's MO. We will  have to wait and see.

Note I think this new rule stinks.  I here teams are not going to use their kickers to protect them. That doesn't feel right,  call it gut instinct.

Pats  might use ....

https://chowderandchampions.com/posts/patriots-defender-lobbying-jerod-mayo-for-surprise-new-role-01j01p1bmmz6

Kickoff rule change remind of TODAYS hockey fights. A whole lot of nothing !!!

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

That goes for the receiving team as well.  They have a short distance before the kicking team is on them they have to be in sync while the kicking team can create stunts and picks. I don't see it the way you do.

With every thing you say,  I still see the kicking team with the advantage. I look at it as a OL spread way to thin to cover the gaps. The receiving team cant charge out and attack they have to protect. IMO that's a big disadvantage.

Will there be more (force to) returns, yes. The rules are set for more returns however its not going to be a big factor in the game. The so call home runs will be few and far between.

Last the rules IMO are designed to help the offense with field position. They get a minimal gain they are at the 30/35. Kicker miss the zone 30 yard line big advantage to the offense field position build into the rule.

This rule give the fan the excitement of the return with little results.

That's MO. We will  have to wait and see.

Note I think this new rule stinks.  I here teams are not going to use their kickers to protect them. That doesn't feel right,  call it gut instinct.

Pats  might use ....

https://chowderandchampions.com/posts/patriots-defender-lobbying-jerod-mayo-for-surprise-new-role-01j01p1bmmz6

Kickoff rule change remind of TODAYS hockey fights. A whole lot of nothing !!!

My main point was responding to this:

On 6/2/2024 at 8:46 AM, m haynes said:

This stuff kills me. Raegor is useless.

Your lucky to get one return in a season.  If you have to use someone else other than Jones have him on the PS

Worse scenario have Peppers fair catch the ball.

Reager a waste of a roster space.

EX Boutte or Reager    

Reager don't lets the door hit you on the way out . Bye

The sheer number of returns is going to force the position to be more valuable than it’s been, even if that means “just” going back to the way it was a decade ago. There won’t be 75% touchbacks, like last year. 

As for the actual merit of it? You’re underestimating the change.  The frontline blockers  in the old rules would retreat back to their own 30-35 yard line anyway. Now they don’t have to, they’ll already be there. Any number of them can still retreat back another 5-10 yards after the ball is caught, then all of a sudden you have another layered blocking scheme. Creating one line is the worst thing a kickoff team can do. All it takes is one hole and the returner is off to the races.

We’ll see how teams do it, there’s going to be a lot of creativity with such a big change. 

• Like 2

all Viking fans would like to see KJ Osborne do well with the Patriots. he was a good guy for us who always gave his best.

plenty of skills in his toolbox, just sometimes looks downfield too early and drops a pass he easily could have caught.

very mature and a good teammate too. very supportive guy.