• Pop Douglas
    • Ja’Lynn Polk
    • JuJu Smith-Schuster
    • Javon Baker
    • KJ Osborn
    • Jalen Raegor
    • Kayshon Boutte
    • Tyquan Thornton

To start the season, I think the top 4 will be Bourne/Osborn/Pop/Polk. As the season goes, I think either through injuries or via giving him more looks, Baker comes through and eventually takes one of those guys’ snaps. 

Nightmare scenarios would be JuJu not being traded/released, eating those reps, and staying in the rotation. Or the team having Raegor stay as its deep threat, ahead of Baker. 

Bourne

Osborn

Douglas

Polk

Baker

JuJu and Boutte are obvious cuts imo. Thornton is probably on the chopping block too if he doesn't show anything in camp. Raegor won't play WR for us but he has an outside chance of making the roster solely because he plays special teams.

7 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Bourne

Osborn

Douglas

Polk

Baker

JuJu and Boutte are obvious cuts imo. Thornton is probably on the chopping block too if he doesn't show anything in camp. Raegor won't play WR for us but he has an outside chance of making the roster solely because he plays special teams.

the last thing i do is cut young talent. Boutte stays.  I could care less about his mistake with BB. He has talent.  i take upside.  Same mistakes happen  that a different story.

No more wasted space for special teams on the  roster. Raegor goes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Bourne

Osborn

Douglas

Polk

Baker

Yea agreed

On 5/6/2024 at 1:21 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Why have we kept Raegor around? I know he showed promising signs late last season, but….meh

He’s probably the team’s second returner after Marcus Jones. I think we’re all in solidarity in saying that no one wants to see him take snaps on offense, but I think he showed he could at least be a JAG out there if he needed to be. Unlike Thornton who pretty much gets blanked out when he’s on the field. So return ability + ability to moonlight as a WR4/WR5 is probably enough to keep him, IMO. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I know PFF is a dirty word round here, but do you know who they had as the highest graded WRs in this draft on deep balls?

Baker and Polk

Don’t mind PFF here, doesn’t surprise me Baker graded highly there. Dude was a monster downfield at UCF. If he ran a 4.48~ instead of the like 4.5s, he’d have gone higher. Speed shows up more on tape than it did running the 40. 

Polk is surprising, though. He thrived there but I’d have thought some of the other prospects had better “downfield” rating than a him. 

• Like 1

I think the positions are clear…

X - only Baker

Z - only Polk 

Slot - Douglas or Bourne. Also Osborne and JJSS

That’s not to say these are the starters (although I think the first named above will be) but it shows how much of a log jam we have of slots, and not many X/Z types at all. 

thats why I think both rookies have big roles from day 1. Especially Polk who may have to pretend to be a WR1 for a while 

• 2 weeks later...

Bourne stays unless he shows severe regression from the injury. Easily the best WR on the team for the last 3 years and too good a locker room guy to shove aside. 

Polk, I think is the starting X receiver unless he really struggles in camp.

Douglas is the primary slot guy.

Baker gets a lot of work as the flanker but probably gets taken off the field in 21 and 12 packages.

Osborn probably sticks in some capacity.

Wouldn't be surprised if Boutte hung around as well.

The rest are all gone IMO.

• Like 1

I almost think Raegor has to stick around, if only for the return ability. Marcus Jones should obviously get the top crack at it, but behind him (and Raegor) there’s not really anyone else I wanna see back there. Not Dugger or Peppers.

On 5/30/2024 at 5:06 PM, Soko said:

I almost think Raegor has to stick around, if only for the return ability. Marcus Jones should obviously get the top crack at it, but behind him (and Raegor) there’s not really anyone else I wanna see back there. Not Dugger or Peppers.

Isaiah Bolden will get a shot at return duties...