Rookie #s Released

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/05/steelers-officially-unveil-rookie-jersey-numbers/

Save you a click
Fautanu 76
Frazier 54
Roman Wilson 10
Payton Wilson 41
Mason McCormick 66
Logan Lee 74(hopefully this changes)
Ryan Watts 29

Any takes on these numbers? Maybe we can get some new discussions going on in here other than Najee's option. I like that Fautanu is getting 76. Hopefully wash some of the Chuks stink off it. Frazier's #54 reminds me of an ILB. Love Roman in 10. I don't love LBs in the 40s, but I like it more than I used to. Bud Dupree started to change my opinion on the matter. MM will look good in 66. 74 is a camp body number. Hopefully Lee sticks around long enough to get a real DL number in the 90s. I don't have much of an opinion on #29. Seems like a small guy number for such a not small guy in Watts. 

I am aware that numbers don't mean anything, and they'll probably change, but there's nothing to talk about, 

34 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/05/steelers-officially-unveil-rookie-jersey-numbers/

Save you a click
Fautanu 76
Frazier 54
Roman Wilson 10
Payton Wilson 41
Mason McCormick 66
Logan Lee 74(hopefully this changes)
Ryan Watts 29

Any takes on these numbers? Maybe we can get some new discussions going on in here other than Najee's option. I like that Fautanu is getting 76. Hopefully wash some of the Chuks stink off it. Frazier's #54 reminds me of an ILB. Love Roman in 10. I don't love LBs in the 40s, but I like it more than I used to. Bud Dupree started to change my opinion on the matter. MM will look good in 66. 74 is a camp body number. Hopefully Lee sticks around long enough to get a real DL number in the 90s. I don't have much of an opinion on #29. Seems like a small guy number for such a not small guy in Watts. 

I am aware that numbers don't mean anything, and they'll probably change, but there's nothing to talk about, 

Pouncey was 53, so I dont mind Fraziers number.

Only number I dont love is Peyton Wilson, for the reason you mentioned....but if he becomes a good player for us, I wont care at all.

39 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

74 is a camp body number. Hopefully Lee sticks around long enough to get a real DL number in the 90s.

Just for record all the 90’s numbers are assigned. 
90 TJ

91 Marshall

92 Loudermilk

93 Robinson

94 Lowry

95 Benton

96 Fehoko

97 Heyward

98 Leal

99 Ogunjobi

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Just for record all the 90’s numbers are assigned. 
90 TJ

91 Marshall

92 Loudermilk

93 Robinson

94 Lowry

95 Benton

96 Fehoko

97 Heyward

98 Leal

99 Ogunjobi

I don't think it's a guarantee that Marshall, Loudermilk, Robinson, Fehoko, and Leal are locks. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think it's a guarantee that Marshall, Loudermilk, Robinson, Fehoko, and Leal are locks. 

Agreed, the issue then is having to buy out the stock that’s out there.

23 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I doubt there are too many of any of those guys jerseys floating around out there. 

You never know.  I hope he changed to some degree, but Kimo was a favorite of mine and he wore 67.

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You never know.  I hope he changed to some degree, but Kimo was a favorite of mine and he wore 67.

Yeah, I liked Kimo too. Hargrave also wore a number in the 70s. I would much rather see him in the 90s, though. 

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, I liked Kimo too. Hargrave also wore a number in the 70s. I would much rather see him in the 90s, though. 

At least it’s better than when he wore 85 at Iowa.

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

At least it’s better than when he wore 85 at Iowa.

No doubt about that. Didn't D-lineman used to wear numbers in the 80s in the NFL? I vaguely remember a really famous Dline guy with a number in the 80s. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

No doubt about that. Didn't D-lineman used to wear numbers in the 80s in the NFL? I vaguely remember a really famous Dline guy with a number in the 80s. 

I would bet back in the 60s.

As for us and jersey numbers, we really kinda are in a crunch. We have what, 2 officially retired numbers and 4-5 unofficial?  With 90 players on your offseason roster you become very limited very fast. I wish NFL would adopt NCAA’s rule of two players can wear the same number as long as they don’t play on the same side of the ball.  Additionally I wish that they would loosen up more on the number stuff and let GP wear 1, and Mt Washington wear 0.

76 has a negative hue to it from recent history.  It will be a shock to see that number actually blocking instead of being pushed around. 

I don't care about the numbers so much, but it doesn't look right when a jarvis wears 95 and sourmilk wears 92.  

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

not really, they were strict with numbers back then. Youngblood wore 85 for some reason but other than that I don't know of others. 

the current players that waste  the numbers that are 92,93,98 better be off the roster by week 1 at the latest