Washington 2024 NFL Schedule

On 5/21/2024 at 10:36 PM, Thaiphoon said:

This year my schedule only allows me to go to two games. So I'll be there for the home opener vs the Giants and I'll be there vs. Steelers.

Your schedule sucks Thai! Quit ;) 

• Like 1

This year my schedule only allows me to go to two games. So I'll be there for the home opener vs the Giants and I'll be there vs. Steelers.

The 3 games I'm considering are the Browns (wife and kids will be out of town so I'll have time), Steelers (wife's a Steelers fan), and Giants (brother's wife is a Giants fan). So I may see you there for 1 or 2 of those games!

Also, what do you do for work that involves work on Sundays so consistently? And better yet, how do you already know your schedule 6 months or so out? I can't help but be curious!

• Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 8:17 PM, BigTimeRedskins said:

Why do we keep getting ridiculously late bye weeks? This is the 3rd year in a row. And also the 3rd year in a row we end with Dallas. Also, why is our first game at 4:25? 2 Eastern teams. Why not Texans/Colts instead? Same deal for week 7 vs Carolina. Makes zero sense.

The league doesn't like us is the only thing I can come up with. There's no reason why they continue to screw us other than they don't see us as a major draw so they don't care.

• Like 1

I hope you bring us some W’s. It's so frustrating that the Giants are a big reason why this team didn't make the playoffs a few more times over the last decade. 

2016, 2017 & 2022 come to mind.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 3:27 PM, BigTimeRedskins said:

The 3 games I'm considering are the Browns (wife and kids will be out of town so I'll have time), Steelers (wife's a Steelers fan), and Giants (brother's wife is a Giants fan). So I may see you there for 1 or 2 of those games!

Also, what do you do for work that involves work on Sundays so consistently? And better yet, how do you already know your schedule 6 months or so out? I can't help but be curious!

I'm involved in public (think govt) & private contracts for a company. I also write books and am active in the Indie writer community doing conventions, etc... (*) When I add kids' sports as well as taking care of my MIL who now lives with us and my mom, who now lives near us (both of them are only 8 years apart so they both require a ton of assistance)and then add in some quality time with my wife AND travel a bit with the family, I can't be gone both Saturdays AND Sundays all Fall. So I pick only a few games a year now. If we move the stadium back to DC, that will drop to one or none.

(*) also getting involved in a few more businesses (one is a biopharmaceutical company) I've invested in that are starting to show promise. So managing how I've structured everything (which company owns what, monitoring that I'm still adhering to federal/state regulations for my LLC's, holding companies and trusts, etc..) can take a few hours each week. I don't trust anyone (yet) to be able to do it correctly and my kids aren't old enough yet to take over.

• Like 2