Eliminating Dallas Cowboys, who wins the NFC East?

Who do you believe of the 3, will win the NFC East in 2024?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. 2024 NFC East Division Winner

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Commanders
    • New York Giants

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Didn't the Commanders publicly throw a fit when Ben Johnson told him he wasn't interested as they were mid air to interview him a second time?

I don’t remember a public fit, but I remember seeing stuff about them not being happy about. I think it was because they found out via social media, on the flight to meet with him. But plenty were reporting the heavy interest in Johnson, and plenty reported on the interest in MacDonald. Florio said they outright offered him the job, and Schefter reported that they were calling him on his plane ride to Seattle.

I can’t find anything where Keim says Quinn was the leading candidate. I’m seeing a ton of Keim putting Quinn just as much in the running as Morris, Johnson, MacDonald, and Glenn. 

So I’m not buying that Quinn was their #1 guy, either. It does seem like he got a ton of praise in their process, and that they’re happy with him, though.

23 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Didn't the Commanders publicly throw a fit when Ben Johnson told him he wasn't interested as they were mid air to interview him a second time?

Nobody from inside the organization has said anything. Everything is second-hand reports. It’s no different than the reports that Johnson interviewed poorly. Nobody knows what’s true but I do know this group loved Dan Quinn. Keim had been reporting that from the beginning. 

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Who cares who wins the NFC East. Lets focus on the first part of this title, how do we just eliminate the Dallas Cowboys? 

Let the calendar hit the 3rd week of January

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Soko said:

I don’t remember a public fit, but I remember seeing stuff about them not being happy about. I think it was because they found out via social media, on the flight to meet with him. But plenty were reporting the heavy interest in Johnson, and plenty reported on the interest in MacDonald. Florio said they outright offered him the job, and Schefter reported that they were calling him on his plane ride to Seattle.

I can’t find anything where Keim says Quinn was the leading candidate. I’m seeing a ton of Keim putting Quinn just as much in the running as Morris, Johnson, MacDonald, and Glenn. 

So I’m not buying that Quinn was their #1 guy, either. It does seem like he got a ton of praise in their process, and that they’re happy with him, though.

Florio also reported multiple times the teams interest in Belichick which was never true. Anything Florio reports about the organization is usually wrong. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Soko said:

I said he was "the leading candidate after the first round of HC interviews were complete."

One example.  Starts at 16:00:

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I said he was "the leading candidate after the first round of HC interviews were complete."

One example.  Starts at 16:00:

He doesn’t even say that in the video, lol. Keim says he thinks Johnson was #1 to start, and that after early interviews, that he doesn’t know if that was still the case. 

Ambiguous language and an opinion is much different from an insider reporting that Quinn was “the leading candidate”. 

Quality generally over quantity, but when it’s Schefter that doesn’t really apply.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Soko said:

He doesn’t even say that in the video, lol. Keim says he thinks Johnson was #1 to start, and that after early interviews, that he doesn’t know if that was still the case. 

Ambiguous language and an opinion is much different from an insider reporting that Quinn was “the leading candidate”. 

Quality generally over quantity, but when it’s Schefter that doesn’t really apply.

I quoted myself from a prior post, not Keim. The video is just an example of what he had been saying during the majority of the process on various platforms. 

If you know Keim, you know he almost never states his takes definitively (which is partially why he’s so trusted). It’s very obvious he is implying in the video that Quinn leapfrogged Johnson after the interviews took place. 

Also, I see you left out that he said “I think Johnson would have needed a really strong in person interview to get the job”. The most consistent story around this whole process was that Johnson didn’t interview well in his initial interview. I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to accept that interviews matter and can change hiring preferences.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

48 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I quoted myself from a prior post, not Keim. The video is just an example of what he had been saying during the majority of the process on various platforms. 

If you know Keim, you know he almost never states his takes definitively (which is partially why he’s so trusted). It’s very obvious he is implying in the video that Quinn leapfrogged Johnson after the interviews took place. 

Also, I see you left out that he said “I think Johnson would have needed a really strong in person interview to get the job”. The most consistent story around this whole process was that Johnson didn’t interview well in his initial interview. I don’t know why it’s so hard for people to accept that interviews matter and can change hiring preferences.

Yes, you quoted yourself from a prior post, and that quote saying reporters have reported Quinn as the leading candidate, was not reflected in the video, or in anything else I’ve been able to look up from Keim. Keim’s been pretty consistent that Quinn was as much in the mix as anyone (while most others were heavy on Johnson/MacDonald) but he’s never reported that Quinn was the leading candidate.

Again, Keim’s never reported anything saying the Commanders had Quinn as the leading candidate, as you’ve suggested - or maybe has has. But that video isn’t it. 

33 minutes ago, Soko said:

Yes, you quoted yourself from a prior post, and that quote saying reporters have reported Quinn as the leading candidate, was not reflected in the video, or in anything else I’ve been able to look up from Keim. Keim’s been pretty consistent that Quinn was as much in the mix as anyone (while most others were heavy on Johnson/MacDonald) but he’s never reported that Quinn was the leading candidate.

Again, Keim’s never reported anything saying the Commanders had Quinn as the leading candidate, as you’ve suggested - or maybe has has. But that video isn’t it. 

I may have time to go search through old tweets later, but not sure anything has ever been definitively stated. As I said, this regime is very tight-lipped, so Keim’s implications are the most accurate insight you’re likely ever going to get on the topic. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of smoke right now, that BA(49ers) is getting traded to Washington. 

Shefty already mentioned that "Washington" has already turned down a trade deal. Not San Fran, but Washington.

I personally believe Adam Peters is negotiating a trade with them, that doesn't cost a 1st Rd pick & a new contract to get a deal done.

The longer Peters/Washington wait this out? The price comes down.

What was OT Trent Williams traded for to the 49ers? (All-Pro Hofer) A few years back?

A 3rd & a 5th?

Just saying...and if BA is actually wanting to play with Jayden Daniels? Well, something might be brewing....just saying....