Fantasy Football General Discussion Thread 2024

AFF

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Any content creators you guys recommend? Undroppables and Reception Perception are two I subscribe to on patreon & they put out a lot of good info. 

I like Sal Vetri and JJ Zacharison personally.

• Like 1

This is worth a watch/listen, just a general discussion about dynasty and how player values shift depending on your specific league.

Edited by adamq

I feel like the top of the draft is very small compared to years prior 

I could usually pretty easily find a range of picks i want from 1-12 in a non-ppr format. I dont see more than 6-7 1st rounders i like and maybe double that in 2nd rounders so maybe just stick to the 6/7 range but i dont love it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also, am I foolish to think that Derrick Henry should be a Top-5 RB in non-ppr?

I currently have him at 4 but ESPN has 10 and FPs has 8...

Yes, I realize no one plays Non-PPR but my home league still does

I've actually never played in a non ppr league, but TDs have to be king. And Henry should get a boat load of them

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I've actually never played in a non ppr league, but TDs have to be king. And Henry should get a boat load of them

Never really? It was like the only format when it all began and for a while too

Yea i think he can get 12 TDs which would be tied for 2nd most and tied for 2nd in rush yards 

Now the gap between him and 3rd RB is pretty large 1.3 ppg since 4 to 13 is the same gap

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Incredibly deep in standard 6pt per passing TDs.

From 8 to 16, the difference for me is 0.7 ppg which is 18 passing yards a game…

Sounds like I'll be waiting to take a QB this year. I went against my better judgement last season and drafted Mahomes in the 3rd. WOOF.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like I'll be waiting to take a QB this year. I went against my better judgement last season and drafted Mahomes in the 3rd. WOOF.

I mean hell the 8th ranked QB on fantasy pros is Dak who was the #2 QB last year for the last 1/2 of the season last year.

12th is Goff…15th you’re looking at some serious upside in Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels…he’ll even at 22 is Will Levis who I really like this year.

On 6/28/2024 at 1:20 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Every year starting maybe 15 years ago with prime Romo, I always took him as my starter because I knew the other teams were not going to pick him. Know your league values is always key. I usually wait on QB unless there is weird scoring or super flex 

On 6/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also, am I foolish to think that Derrick Henry should be a Top-5 RB in non-ppr?

I currently have him at 4 but ESPN has 10 and FPs has 8...

Yes, I realize no one plays Non-PPR but my home league still does

I am not sure if there is a player that I am avoiding as much as Henry this year.  I think he falls off a cliff and Keaton Mitchell ends up being the back to have in Baltimore.  Henry should be more efficient but Lamar will snipe some TDs, and he is older and running backs that change teams, especially when older typically struggle.  Especially if they have other talented options fighting for snaps like Mitchell. 

On 6/28/2024 at 1:20 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I have been waiting in all of my best ball drafts.  Being able to get guys like Herbert, Goff, Lawrence, Caleb, Daniels, Stafford, etc 3-6 rounds after the second tier is such a win IMO.  I don't see the Burrow, Dak, Tua, Stroud, group scoring enough more than the others.  Instead of getting a Burrow and Ekeler/Spears/Lockett etc I would much rather have Pickens, Ken Walker, Tank, Rahmondre etc with Herbert/Lawrence/Goff/Caleb/Daniels.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am not sure if there is a player that I am avoiding as much as Henry this year.  I think he falls off a cliff and Keaton Mitchell ends up being the back to have in Baltimore.  Henry should be more efficient but Lamar will snipe some TDs, and he is older and running backs that change teams, especially when older typically struggle.  Especially if they have other talented options fighting for snaps like Mitchell. 

why do you think LJax snipes TDs though? Thats never been Lamar's game