Minnesota Vikings Rookie CB Khyree Jackson Passes Away at the Age of 24

J-ALL-DAY

On 7/7/2024 at 9:07 AM, LinderFournette said:

https://x.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1809927509586198703?t=L-eiP8Jj3jllgxnXtoIljg&s=19

I hope the owner does his family right and pays thru the contract

given that Jackson hadn't even made the final roster yet, that's probably unlikely.

the Wilf brothers as owners of the Vikings are fairly philanthropic and generous, relative to other NFL team owners. there's plenty of chatter going around as to how they can assist Jackson's mother and grandfather financially, in addition to the $827,000 signing bonus his mother presumably will receive following probate if it's necessary.

perhaps a scholarship fund for Maryland athletes they could administer and draw a salary from. it's also been suggested that the NFL continues to sell his jersey and his mom receive the player income from it.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:00 AM, vike daddy said:

given that Jackson hadn't even made the final roster yet, that's probably unlikely.

the Wilf brothers as owners of the Vikings are fairly philanthropic and generous, relative to other NFL team owners. there's plenty of chatter going around as to how they can assist Jackson's mother and grandfather financially, in addition to the $827,000 signing bonus his mother presumably will receive following probate if it's necessary.

perhaps a scholarship fund for Maryland athletes they could administer and draw a salary from.

Like the surviving family of someone who passes away cares in any way about a college fund set up in the name of the deceased; either give the family money or don't drag around a dead man's name in order to profit in the public eye.

@cynicalTayne

I don't know how they could draw a salary from that, but it's an interesting idea.

On 7/13/2024 at 8:00 AM, vike daddy said:

it's also been suggested that the NFL continues to sell his jersey and his mom receive the player income from it.

I like this.

Edited by NudeTayne

On 7/13/2024 at 10:00 AM, vike daddy said:

perhaps a scholarship fund for Maryland athletes they could administer and draw a salary from. it's also been suggested that the NFL continues to sell his jersey and his mom receive the player income from it.

The Vikings confirmed that they'll pay his signing bonus to his estate. Leaves 2 things for the next CBA:

1. Money paid to a player's estate should never count against the salary cap
  2. The NFLPA needs to set up a life insurance policy for rookies - hopefully this is included in benefits already but obviously it needs a refresh
  • Like 1

The Vikings will cover more than $20,000 of expenses for Khyree Jackson’s funeral, which is scheduled for this Friday. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, Kevin O’Connell, Brian Flores, Matt Daniels and Daronte Jones will be among those in attendance.

The funeral is a joint service with Isaiah Hazel, one of Jackson’s high school teammates who was also killed in the July 6 crash.

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/vikings/opinion/the-vikings-are-right-thing/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 1

Dallas Turner and Khyree Jackson were teammates at Alabama, and they were due to be teammates again with the Vikings. Turner has placed Jackson’s nameplate above his own in Minnesota’s locker room, and Jackson's funeral is Friday.

Turner: “So that was really a dude that I saw every single day, and really I’ve seen him grow from Alabama to when he went to Oregon. He went through his trials and tribulations over there. We ended up at the same place once again. So, I kind of felt like that meant something, and that was my dude every single day after practice this spring. He was around with me at the hotel, hanging out with each other in the hotel every day and just talking crap and stuff like that with each other, just having fun."

“That was a dude that really helped me grow as a person. He helped me realize who I was, and he helped me build my confidence off the field and on the field in a way. But he was definitely a very impactful person.”

“As long as I’m alive, I’ll rep his name."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dallas-turner-on-khyree-jackson-i-know-hes-watching-over-me