Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Holy cow,  I have been exposed as a fraud.

I will only ask if this seems like a way above normal attrition rate on the OL to any one else?

And honestly, I think I'll just save this for future reference,  probably linked to an excel sheet with current and past QBs and GMs, but this is probably going to be evergreen:

It is completely fair to ask whether ___GM_____ has done enough on the OL, especially given how many injuries there were this time last year. Drove me crazy when ___PREVIOUSGM____ did the same thing and now here we are again. With so many teams finding success with lesser QB's than ____CURRENTQBSAVIOR_____ and a great OL it's crazy to me the Bears are content to spend money on ____CHEAPPOSITIONGROUP____ while trotting out the current OL.   Really felt like they didn't provide enough help for ___PREVIOUSQBSAVIOUR___ and hope we're not goign down that path again.

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Holy cow,  I have been exposed as a fraud.

I will only ask if this seems like a way above normal attrition rate on the OL to any one else?

And honestly, I think I'll just save this for future reference,  probably linked to an excel sheet with current and past QBs and GMs, but this is probably going to be evergreen:

It is completely fair to ask whether ___GM_____ has done enough on the OL, especially given how many injuries there were this time last year. Drove me crazy when ___PREVIOUSGM____ did the same thing and now here we are again. With so many teams finding success with lesser QB's than ____CURRENTQBSAVIOR_____ and a great OL it's crazy to me the Bears are content to spend money on ____CHEAPPOSITIONGROUP____ while trotting out the current OL.   Really felt like they didn't provide enough help for ___PREVIOUSQBSAVIOUR___ and hope we're not goign down that path again.

How do you keep up with the news like that?

21 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

And in all fairness, I have never once felt like the the Bears have really done a good job getting the OL right.  When Josh Sitton took a series of crazy bounces down 94 to land on the Bears in 2016 was the closest I've felt to "hey, that might work!"

In 80s they were elite.   They had a couple good ones since then.

24 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Also exposed as having way too much Simpsons' nonsense internalized, I actually knew this was that clip before the video even loaded based on "how does it keep up with the news like that?"

For like first 5 or 6 seasons I am same.

A lot of classic lines that remind me of many situations.   

"Don't blame me I voted for Kodos" is probably my all time favorite. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

And in all fairness, I have never once felt like the the Bears have really done a good job getting the OL right.  When Josh Sitton took a series of crazy bounces down 94 to land on the Bears in 2016 was the closest I've felt to "hey, that might work!"

Next offseason Draft, is what Poles is banking on. I bet we go trenches with first 4 picks (1st, both 2nds, 3rd)

The Draft, cost control, is the only way to successfully build a top OL-DL and Poles knows it. 

The top IOL start come off boards in round 2.

Even if Dex explodes this year, I am sure we will still be taking 2 more DL, and of course 2 OL with 1st 4 picks 

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

Velus played RB for 2-4 years at USC.

It's good to make him a RB/WR/KR.  Now, he needs to play like one and not be a bust lolz🤣 

I'm a USC fan...  don't like seeing SC players failed in the NFL.

Edited by JibjeResearch

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yup.  It is starting to look like Davis may be doing a Goldman and deciding to mail it in.  Just collecting his check and doing bare minimum work.

Hope not.

Remember when we signed Bates and Shelton this offseason? My guess is this is why as much as having capable C depth. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Remember when we signed Bates and Shelton this offseason? My guess is this is why as much as having capable C depth. 

If Bates ends up our starting RG and plays well there I hope they just leave him there. Shelton is a capable pivot. 

• Like 1