College Football 25 Dynasty - Kent State Golden Flashes

Posted (edited)

Year 1 - Week 8

MX4j2Px.png

I simmed this game but its another in the W column. I'm now a ridiculous 6-1 on the season. QB Ulatowski went off for 367 yards 2 TDs and an interception. Catching those passes were WR McCray for 8 receptions, 140 yards and a TD and WR Floriea for 9 receptions and 111 yards. HB Garcia only had 7 carries for 46 yards on the ground. Defensively, 4 total sacks which is surprising. LE Antoine Campbell Jr had 2, MLB Giacolone had 1 and LE Stephen Daley added another to his total for the season. No forced turnovers though. 

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 8

a4BDSlp.png

I signed my 3rd recruit. 3 more are ready for visits. 

YS0lwuP.png

Evan Turbin is about to transform my entire program. He's actually listed as an ATH on the recruiting board but as you can see he's going to be a QB. Oh and what a QB he shall be. He's a 3 star GEM with 91 throw power, 98 SPD and 93 ACC. Let me say that again. HE HAS 91 THROW POWER, 98 SPEED and 93 ACCELERATION. OMG. He also has 86 short accuracy and 85 medium accuracy. He's going to be an absolute monster on the football field. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Year 1 - Week 9 

DnogwSF.png

Another simmed win. I gotta move out of the MAC next year I'm killing these scrubs. QB Ulatowski had a pedestrian 241 yards, 1 TD and no INTs. The top WR was Floriea with 78 yards and 1 TD. HB Garcia somehow only had 6 carries for 4 yards lol. How exactly did I win this game? No turnovers on defense, although I had 3 sacks. DE Daley added another one. 

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 9

q9yQQ9c.png

I signed 2 more recruits. Unfortunately I lost out on two really nice OTs that I was top 2 on both. That hurts. I had put a lot of resources into both of those. 

Y0yF7Ki.png

Redman is a 6'2" 3 star CB. He is a really important signing for me because I have my top 5 CBs on the roster graduating this year. He has 87 SPD, 86 ACC, 69 MC and 68 ZC. Not perfect but decent enough for a desperate program like mine. He will likely start right away. If I can recruit some faster boundary CBs later on he may move permanently to the slot later in his career. It's also possible he gets converted to Safety at some point. 

F65BpWZ.png

Shelby is a 3 star ATH that the game says is likely a Center. He has 88 STR, 77 IB and 73 LB, but only 65 RB and 69 PB. He will be raw but will likely be amongst my best options next year. He's 6'4" 290 lbs so likely will play somewhere on the interior Oline. 

Edited by MKnight82

Year 1 - Week 10 

BYE WEEK 

Heisman Watch - Top 5
Team Position Name Year Stats
Oregon WR Traeshon Holden Senior 921 RY, 14 R TDS, 36 Rec
Oregon QB Dillon Gabriel Senior (RS) 2808 PaY, 29 PaTD, 213 RuY, 0 RuTD
Arkansas QB Taylen Green Junior (RS) 2261 PaY, 25 PaTD, 427 RuY, 3 RuTD
Georgia QB Carson Beck Senior (RS) 2305 PaY, 25 PaTD, 229 RuY, 5 RuTD
Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders Senior 2160 PaY, 23 PaTD, 380 RuY, 4 RuTD

Year 1 - Week 11

0GDQBpZ.png

I played this game as I had a bunch of recruits in town again. I pretty much demolished them. QB Ulatowski threw for 318 yards but it felt like even more. He had 2 TDs but no picks. HB Thomas ran 9 times for 46 yards. Most of my damage was done through the air. WR Batton had 5 receptions for 153 yards and a TD, Wr McCray had 129 yards on 10 receptions and a TD. DE Stephen Daley had 2 more sacks and 3 TFL. LOLB Rocco Nicholl also grabbed an INT. 

ZDnwWeU.png

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 11

XLDfiVJ.png

3 more recruits signed! All 3 stars. Luckily I didn't lose anyone this week. 

5zemyY6.png

More Oline. Kozlowski is a 3 star Guard with 86 STR, 85 IB, 78 RBP and 79 IB. His RB is already 74. He will probably start right away as well. Oline was a big point of interest for me this year. 

CuIIbVE.png

I was kind of surprised I was able to land Hess. He should be really good. He's a bit undersized at 6'2" 223 lbs, but he has 90 SPD, 87 ACC and 75 TKL rating. He's going to be amazing in coverage and should be a force all over the field. My linebackers are awful I expect him to start as a Freshman. 

6lh9ah9.png

Parker is a Hybrid Safety with 73 Man Coverage rating. His 87 SPD, 87 ACC aren't ideal for a CB but should be just fine at Safety. If I get desperate at CB he could play some snaps there too. My starter at FS should be returning 1 more year so not sure where he will fit in so he make be taking more snaps at CB year 1 than safety. 

Really excited to see what Turbin can do. Would definitely like to see more info on the nuances of the guys who do commit to your school, like ratings breakdowns. Height/Weight etc.

That might be easier on a spreadsheet? IDK

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really excited to see what Turbin can do. Would definitely like to see more info on the nuances of the guys who do commit to your school, like ratings breakdowns. Height/Weight etc.

That might be easier on a spreadsheet? IDK

I plan on doing a whole writeup of the entire class at the end of the season with more player details. These are just the introductions. I have two 4 stars that I have a good chance of landing, and I'm still trying to grab another WR and CB in this class too. 

Yeah, there is not allowing exporting since they only have the rights to the players likeness in college.  I believe you can export you MyPlayer, or whatever they are calling it.  

Is the game just easier to play then before?  I haven't gotten around to playing a game yet, but crushing everyone on heisman including a (much) better Pittsburgh is interesting.  

Year 1 - Week 12

ITBcTLu.png

I simmed this one, yet another win. This one was quite surprising as my opponent was 7-2 entering the matchup. QB Ulatowski had a day though. 360 yards through the air, 5 TDs and 0 INTs. He destroyed them. WR Batton caught 137 of those yards and 1 TD. WR Floriea had 114 with 2 TDs. HB Garcia did practically nothing again with 27 rushing yards. DE Daley added another 2 sacks, he's having a great season. CB Dallas Branch and FS Malcolm Folk both had INTs. 

ep3y9Oi.png

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 12

FRHAnn2.png

Not a lot of movement this week. 

Year 1 - Week 13

MfA2N9l.png

Another sim win (yes the game is on Heisman). I didn't expect year 1 to go like this. At least this game was close. QB Ulatowski threw for 178 yards 1 TD and no INTs. HB Garcia had 45 yards on the ground, which for a sim game is good for him. WR Floriea had 115 receiving yards and WR McCay had 101 and a TD. DE Daley added another sack, DE Antoine Campbell Jr. and Carroll also had 1 sack each. Weirdly, it says the CPU threw an INT but no defensive players are shown having caught one. 

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 13

c3cez67.png

I signed 2 more recruits this week. That's 10 signed players for me now. I had 3 players lock me out this week but two were 2 stars and the other was a 1 star. 

x9ULRNj.png

Shields is my first 4 star I've landed. He's a beast at 6'3" 331 lbs and has 91 STR, 84 TKL and 82 PUR. He's a legitimate NT for whatever defensive scheme I decide to run next year. I've been running a 3-3-5 this year because of my lack of defensive line talent and honestly I may be sticking with that for awhile. Having Shields in the front of all of that will give me a big man that can occupy a lot of space. 

MNJXc0B.png

Abram is a modest get for me. I need TEs bad but he's a 3 star BUST prospect meaning his OVR could be rough. He's 6'5" 249 though so should provide good size and depth at the position. I don't know what his speed is yet, but he has 84 ACC, 79 CTH and 78 CIT. That isn't terrible. 

Year 1 - Week 14

yw3I74P.png

Another week another sim win. Definitely leaving for another conference at the end of the year. I'm kind of scratching my head as to why I've simmed so many wins? QB Ulatowski threw for another 323 yards 3 TDs and again no INTs. I feel like he's had a very good season. WR Floriea caught 124 yards of those. HB Garcia had 34 rushing yards. DE Daley had yet another sack. 

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 14

CbZLL5p.png

Not a lot new to report. 

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

I tanked this game on purpose. I was ranked 21st in the nation and was concerned if I won the conference I might sneak into the college playoffs which I thought would be weak Year 1 of this rebuild. I'm going to move to a harder conference next year to make this more interesting. Akron won the game 18-16. 

JckzaBs.png

Season Awards - Year 1
Award Team Player Position Year
Heisman Georgia Carson Beck QB Senior (RS)
Head Coach of the Year Texas Tech George King HC -
Davey O'Brien Award (Best QB) Georgia Carson Beck QB Senior (RS)
Chuck Bednarik Award (DPOY) Kent State Stephen Daley LE Junior
Jim Thorpe Award (Best DB) Michigan Will Johnson CB Junior
Doak Walker Award (Best HB) Michigan Donovan Edwards HB Senior
Fred Biletnikoff Award (Best WR) Oregon Traeshon Holden WR Senior
Lombardi Award (Top Player) Kent State Stephen Daley LE Junior
Unitas Golden Arm Award (Top SR QB) Georgia Carson Beck QB Senior (RS)
Ted Hendricks Award (Best DE) Kent State Stephen Daley LE Junior
Outland Trophy (Best Interior Lineman) Georgia Tate Ratledge RG Senior (R)
John Mackey Award (Best TE) Georgia Oscar Delp TE Junior
Frank Broyles Award (Best Assistant Coach) Texas Tech Jackson Slab OC -
**** Butkus Award (Best Linbacker) Georgia Smael Mondon Jr. MLB Senior
Rimington Trophy (Best Center) Alabama Parker Brailsford OC Sophomore (RS)
Lou Groza Award (Best Kicker) Texas Tech Gino Garcia K Senior (RS)
Ray Guy Award (Best Punter) Michigan Tommy Doman P Senior
The Jet Award (Best Kick Returner) Liberty Julian Gray WR Junior (RS)

OJWETSG.png

- Kent State HC Marsellus Wallace finished 2nd for HC of the Year. 

- K.S. SS Enrique Watkins finished 10th for best DB. 

- K.S. Offensive Coordinator finished 3rd for Assistant Coach of the Year.