AB vs Gore for thr HOF

Ab v Gore  

34 members have voted

1. 1. More hof worthy

• AB
    • Gore

I'm an AB homer because I got to watch a peak that was only bettered by Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, IMO. However, I can confidently say that between his on-field antics, racism, criminal record, and general inability to be a good teammate after 2018, AB will never so much as sniff the HOF unless he purchases a ticket to visit or Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady invites him to their own enshrinments.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 11:41 PM, Malik said:

Frank Gore literally had 2 seasons of his career where he averaged 80 yards per game. What are we talking about.

How is this a negative? That still equates to a 1,300 yard season...

Nevermind... I see he only did it twice. Yeah, that's a bad indicator.

Edited by BlaqOptic

• 2 weeks later...

I am just chiming in to say the very end of Gore's career was weirdly heartbreaking for me - he missed the last game of his last season with illness, and had he played and got 15 scrimmage yards he would have joined Jerry Rice, Jim Brown and Walter Payton as the only players in NFL history with 20,000+ rushing/receiving yards. He had been averaging 43 rushing and 6 receiving yards per game through that year.

I kept hoping he would get picked up in the final few weeks of the next season by a team ravaged with injuries at the spot, but it never happened. He finished third all-time with 16,000 rushing yards, and another 3,985 receiving. He did at least manage to crack exactly 100 career TDs.

Edited by Billy86

On 8/18/2024 at 5:15 PM, BlaqOptic said:

I'm an AB homer because I got to watch a peak that was only bettered by Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, IMO. However, I can confidently say that between his on-field antics, racism, criminal record, and general inability to be a good teammate after 2018, AB will never so much as sniff the HOF unless he purchases a ticket to visit or Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady invites him to their own enshrinments.

I don’t think Bathroomsburger deserves to be in the hall nor he should go in. Plenty of guys have been denied for less.. But if Killer Ray is in there then I guess. Just hate how cherry picked they are..