Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

31 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will do a sig bet with him.

😂

In all seriousness, I agree with you. Seems crazy that they would trade him during a clear SB window and while they still have Purdy on a rookie deal…but we watched the Chiefs trade away Tyreek Hill in the middle of Mahomes prime and it seems to have worked out pretty well for them. 

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I think they could have been more proactive in the situation. They could have traded Moore, or signed a more capable swing guy. Maybe an older guy that would be a good mentor for Jones and Fau.

I don’t disagree at all. And maybe they wanted to and just couldn’t get anything to materialize. Especially if some of the guys who were out there wanted to either start or be considered to start.

I keep thinking of what Alan Saunders said earlier in the offseason though. Moore’s trade value is nothing because teams know we’re going to end up starting Jones and Fautanu and Moore’s about to be a FA. So might as well wait out for the offseason and he’ll get a decent (not top of market) deal.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That seems like a cop out to me. The cap can be manipulated. 

And there’s more than enough for nest year if you want to get both done you can. Unless the idea is to use Cam’s deal to lower his hit this year to forward more money to Aiyuk this year.

10 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Yup. Just totally me alone on this island. Despite the fact that I have shared the thoughts and tweets of well respected Steelers folks like Alex Kozora and Jon Ledyard who share the exact same thought process — it’s just me being wacky. 

For the record I am 100% with @Dcash4 here. The only acceptable excuse is that Jones is injured, which I have seen reported, and has limited reps….but even that doesn’t really explain it because if he is facing limited reps right now that should be even more reason that ALL of the reps he does have should be where they plan on starting him this season and beyond. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

😂

In all seriousness, I agree with you. Seems crazy that they would trade him during a clear SB window and while they still have Purdy on a rookie deal…but we watched the Chiefs trade away Tyreek Hill in the middle of Mahomes prime and it seems to have worked out pretty well for them. 

It's being reported as pretty much a done deal with the $ being worked out. We've heard 1,000's of rumors all off season and maybe I'm naive but today seems different.

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

It's being reported as pretty much a done deal with the $ being worked out. We've heard 1,000's of rumors all off season and maybe I'm naive but today seems different.

I will believe it when Schefty tweets it…but until then I will be refreshing twitter every 30 seconds. 

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

For the record I am 100% with @Dcash4 here. The only acceptable excuse is that Jones is injured, which I have seen reported, and has limited reps….but even that doesn’t really explain it because if he is facing limited reps right now that should be even more reason that ALL of the reps he does have should be where they plan on starting him this season and beyond. 

Consider this though- you do that and Fautanu is the one that does down injured. What’s your plan at that point? Play Moore at RT? Or move Jones to RT?

Mind you they have been working Jones both sides and he’s been there more and more with the 1’s through the week.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Consider this though- you do that and Fautanu is the one that does down injured. What’s your plan at that point? Play Moore at RT? Or move Jones to RT?

I know this wasn't to me, but I would have just signed a backup RT in FA that they'd trust.