Around the League 2024

textaz03

19 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I wonder what it would cost for one of the jags RBs?

Would love Etienne with a star on his helmet. Great stretch play runner with great skills catching out of the backfield. We know from Zeke's earlier years (60 catch season)that Dak likes the check down or designed simple throws to the running backs. And we know from the current RB stable that power running is not in the current OLs list of things they do well. 

And Etienne also becomes a great fit for a shift to a more wide open, spread concept offense going forward after McCarthy. And given Daks skill set, Lambs ability in space, and Ferguson's ability in the middle of the field boxing out safeties and slot corners, I think that kind of offense is definitely in the way if the right coach is hired - cause a good coach will install an offense that capitalizes on this rosters bright spots. Between Daks fit for it, Lamb, Ferguson, and if they added Etienne, it would not only be a great fit for this roster but the only real system any coach worth their salt could see working well 

11 hours ago, textaz03 said:

those wanting McNeill next year, cross him off the list. 

So Detroit re-signed Goff for $50m+/yr, Amon for $30m/yr, Sewell for $28m/yr, added FA Carlton Davis for $15m, Zeitler for $6m and still had money to extend Montgomery for $9m/yr and McNeill for nearly $25m. 

LMFAO. Did Dallas hire an accountant or a 6 yr old to work the books? I was under the impression this kind of thing was impossible.

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So Detroit re-signed Goff for $50m+/yr, Amon for $30m/yr, Sewell for $28m/yr, added FA Carlton Davis for $15m, Zeitler for $6m and still had money to extend Montgomery for $9m/yr and McNeill for nearly $25m. 

LMFAO. Did Dallas hire an accountant or a 6 yr old to work the books? I was under the impression this kind of thing was impossible.

I checked out lions over the cap… the Goff, Sewell and st brown money doesn’t really hit hard until 2026.  They’ve got a ton of money under the cap this year and a crazy $77m under the cap next year.  They absolutely did things the right way by extending guys early, maximizing trades for picks, etc.  The Stafford trade made them talent rich.  They embraced the suck for a couple of years and now, with that roster and $77m under the cap next year… I’d say they should be SB favorites in 2025 and look really good 2024.

Edited by The_Slamman