Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

1 minute ago, rlon said:

I am saying Jones should be a right tackle. 

I understand. I just see his upside as a LT. I think Troy trends even better than Marcus Gilbert at RT.  I think Jones can trend towards being our "Joe Thomas."  I'm not saying he is that natural or good, but he's still a pup. 

47 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I understand. I just see his upside as a LT. I think Troy trends even better than Marcus Gilbert at RT.  I think Jones can trend towards being our "Joe Thomas."  I'm not saying he is that natural or good, but he's still a pup. 

this injury could be  more of a problem than we know but he appears slow and out of shape.  I don't have faith in the OL coaching either, so lets see how this goes in year 2 for jones.  The injury needs to be the reason, not coaching or conditioning. 

Daniels is clearly the best OL , durable and versatile , yet Khan will let him walk. Steeler Logic/way 

Just now, 3rivers said:

this injury could be  more of a problem than we know but he appears slow and out of shape. 

He's playing RT without the full use of his outside arm going against a fast Edge. No excuse, but a very plausible reason why he looks lethargic.  

The kids a specimen. I don't see conditioning or even laziness as an issue.

I don't have faith in the OL coaching either, so lets see how this goes in year 2 for Jones. 

We like who we like.  This isn't Munchak, but he hasn't been the issue. Pat has developed the talent given.  He is now being given some thorobreds and not mutts. I don't think he's the reason why the OL is struggling.  It's more newness, new scheme, new language, etc.  As the communication and time together increases, the comfort and results will be better. 

The injury needs to be the reason, not coaching or conditioning. 

I don't think there is any doubt about that. 

Daniels is clearly the best OL , durable and versatile , yet Khan will let him walk. Steeler Logic/way.

Daniels is an enigma.  He starts slow every year.  He has not looked great in his limited play.  Dare I say, Dan Moore has been one of the most consistennnt linemen in terms of play/results.  That's crazy!!! Daniels will come around, and realistically, you can't pay everyone.  The Steelers have some talent behind him. 

Had Dotson continued to develop after his rookie year and stayed healthy, Daniels probably isn't here.  It's hard for me to badmouth  Khan for how he is trying to improve this roster. If he still gets Aiyuk after all this rollercoaster/circus.....😱

25 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

We like who we like.  This isn't Munchak, but he hasn't been the issue. Pat has developed the talent given.  He is now being given some thorobreds and not mutts. I don't think he's the reason why the OL is struggling.  It's more newness, new scheme, new language, etc.  As the communication and time together increases, the comfort and results will be better. 

Pat Meyer's history has always been better with IOL than OT, so I hoped he would have an assistant coach who was stronger with OT. But the way Anderson has developed, Frazier being ready to start, and McCormick being a quick study is good.

And I've said before, outside Munchak, without looking it up most people likely can't name more than 1 or 2 other OL coaches. It makes me feel bad for them because it's a position when things go wrong, it's their fault; but if things go well it's because you drafted talented guys.

I have a feeling it will be like last year and the line will eventually settle. It is amazing the change we've had there. In 2021 we lined up Moore-Dotson-Green-Turner-Okorafor. By the end of 2024 we could be at Jones-Seumalo-Frazier-Daniels-Fautanu with the only depth piece still the same being Moore. That's a huge amount of change.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Had Dotson continued to develop after his rookie year and stayed healthy, Daniels probably isn't here.  It's hard for me to badmouth  Khan for how he is trying to improve this roster.

how about dotson playing the proper side where he is good at? Lets not forget that fail

Moore has been better than the others, not sure what that says right now, good for Moore

6 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how about dotson playing the proper side where he is good at? Lets not forget that fail.

I was a Dotson fan, but he didn't help himself. He was handed a starting spot based on his ability, then regressed. Yeah, you can fault them for not keeping him there, but if he plaed well to begin with, no Daniels. He didn't earn it. 

Moore has been better than the others, not sure what that says right now, good for Moore.

Striclty a back-up, but also one of the most tenured OL's. As @warfelg points out in his post, look at the transition and changes.  Herbig's hurt, Frazier's a rookie, Jones and Fautanu are hurt. Seomalu is not playing much, and Daniels off to his usual slow start. 

8 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Striclty a back-up, but also one of the most tenured OL's. As @warfelg points out in his post, look at the transition and changes.  Herbig's hurt, Frazier's a rookie, Jones and Fautanu are hurt. Seomalu is not playing much, and Daniels off to his usual slow start. 

good points

with the schedule the way it is in 24, this team needs to win early, not take half the season to get it figured out.  Not looking good IMO. tomlin might not break .529 this year of all years

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

That's a huge amount of change

and lets see if thats a huge amount of improved OL play.   Thats what 24 season holds and moving forward they need to get his OL solid 

1 hour ago, rlon said:
  • I just wish Munchak’s daughter, niece or grand daughter (whatever the f) went to school in Pennsylvania…the technique the tackles are using is downright ugly.

there are other OL coaches out there, but that would be the start of a coaching tree, and we know about that

1 hour ago, rlon said:

I am much more worried about the OL than the WR corps. Signing Aiyuk won’t change the main issue here.

the problem is the OL looks bad and is injured and this team needs to win early in the schedule because of how the last half of the schedule is. 

Last year it took about half the season to get going. If that happens again, what are we looking at for the W-L record at the 10th game?

Aiyuk could help the offence if the QB's can throw on the run. Until pass pro is good , that trade won't yield the returns . 

It's early , sky isn't falling yet but they need to get it figured out soon. Even Shannon Sharpe said it's bad

Edited by 3rivers

25 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

the problem is the OL looks bad and is injured and this team needs to win early in the schedule because of how the last half of the schedule is. 

Last year it took about half the season to get going. If that happens again, what are we looking at for the W-L record at the 10th game?

Aiyuk could help the offence if the QB's can throw on the run. Until pass pro is good , that trade won't yield the returns . 

It's early , sky isn't falling yet but they need to get it figured out soon. Even Shannon Sharpe said it's bad

In the end, this team needs a bad season, and it looks like they are going to get it.