Drake Maye

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

You guys do realize Maye had one of the worst OL’s in college right? You guys do realize the Commanders OL is much worse than the Pats and Jayden is starting right? And Jayden is built like a twig. Commanders have the worst OL of any team this year of the past few years. 

You also realize Maye is a master of extending plays and escaping pressure right?

Start the damn kid. 

He hasn’t played a snap of NFL. Cool your jets. We obviously all hope you are correct, but the way you’re talking about him it’s like he’s about to be a mesh of the best of Allen and Brady. 

let’s not forget the man in charge of him and his development is going to be Alex Van Pelt. I’m not too happy about Mayo and AVP being the brains trust behind Maye’s development

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

bad bad bad sign when you can't beat out Jacoby Brissett

FOH with the JJ McCarthritis copium

He pretty definitively beat out Brissett. They just don't want to screw up his development like they did with Mac Jones.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

FOH with the JJ McCarthritis copium

He pretty definitively beat out Brissett. They just don't want to screw up his development like they did with Mac Jones.

Clearly not

11 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

You guys do realize the Commanders OL is much worse than the Pats and Jayden is starting right? And Jayden is built like a twig. Commanders have the worst OL of any team this year of the past few years. 

My take on this is that Daniels is starting because the Commanders have a new ownership that needs to restore fan interest after 25 years of Snyder misrule, so they feel more pressure to roll out the exciting new toy from day 1. The Pats have totally different considerations, especially after the failure of Mac Jones. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, viking said:

Clearly not

You didn't watch a snap of him in preseason, huh? He was very self-evidently the best QB on the team. The reason he's not starting should be obvious, but you're clearly just here to troll.

• Like 2

Yeaaaah, I’d rather avoid a Bridgewater-Carr feud here.

There’s a very small few who, apparently, didn’t view Maye as an incredibly raw player. Plenty were saying he would/should sit the majority of his rookie season, if not the entire thing. And on top of that 21 year old raw quarterback - it’s a new offense, with a new HC, new/young WRs, and an OL in shambles. Probably shouldn’t be an indictment that, for Week 1/the beginning of the season, the staff goes with the veteran who’s familiar with the OC. 

And I’m saying that as someone who would’ve preferred Maye get in there. I see both sides. What I don’t see is how people can say it’s this simple, obvious, no-brainer decision to go one way or the other. Fortune tellers.

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

My take on this is that Daniels is starting because the Commanders have a new ownership that needs to restore fan interest after 25 years of Snyder misrule, so they feel more pressure to roll out the exciting new toy from day 1. The Pats have totally different considerations, especially after the failure of Mac Jones. 

Perfect.

The competition was never between Maye and Brissett it was between being ready or not for Maye. Much the same as it was for McCarthy and Darnold. Brissett is a backup QB and nothing else. But at this point the Patriots feel that Maye needs to develop and work on things that aren't corrected by running for your life. 

Also, Maye is 21 years and 364 days I think it's time for people to quit calling him a 21-year-old QB. 

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

Mac Jones failed because he has an average arm for a high school QB.