Preseason Game 2 @ Denver Broncos

A rare Sunday Night Football game in August, although it won't be on NBC.  Well actually check that it will be on NBC 26 in Green Bay and NBC 4 in Milwaukee, just not the official crew with Tirico and Collinsworth.

I would assume, in keeping with tradition this will be the game we see our starters play the longest in.  Of course unlike in the past when that could mean seeing them playing even into the 3rd quarter at times, I doubt we're likely to see that happen.  Those days are likely over, and with the joint practices we been having with Denver this week, it's possible the starters already had their most serious scrimmage.  But still, I'd expect to see them going at least part way into the 2nd quarter and the game to have the closest feel to a regular season vibe out of all the 3.

4 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

A rare Sunday Night Football game in August, although it won't be on NBC.  Well actually check that it will be on NBC 26 in Green Bay and NBC 4 in Milwaukee, just not the official crew with Tirico and Collinsworth.

I would assume, in keeping with tradition this will be the game we see our starters play the longest in.  Of course unlike in the past when that could mean seeing them playing even into the 3rd quarter at times, I doubt we're likely to see that happen.  Those days are likely over, and with the joint practices we been having with Denver this week, it's possible the starters already had their most serious scrimmage.  But still, I'd expect to see them going at least part way into the 2nd quarter and the game to have the closest feel to a regular season vibe out of all the 3.

MLF already said Love and most of the vets won't play.

I would guess a lot of the starters are not going to play in this one. Given we are holding practices against Denver this week, most will get the week off. For certain the top guys won't play. 

It's going to be fun to watch the WR 5-6-7 play out with a backup quarterback tossing passes. The secondary and offensive line will be fun to watch as well. 

Wish the two linebackers we drafted could get some work. I've not heard if they are back practicing yet. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I would guess a lot of the starters are not going to play in this one. Given we are holding practices against Denver this week, most will get the week off. For certain the top guys won't play. 

It's going to be fun to watch the WR 5-6-7 play out with a backup quarterback tossing passes. The secondary and offensive line will be fun to watch as well. 

Wish the two linebackers we drafted could get some work. I've not heard if they are back practicing yet. 

Im actually interested in seeing some more Goforth. I know hes got a basically 0% chance of making the initial 53.. but the guy knows how to play some LB. Would be cool to see some Hopper though for sure. 

Im sure we'll get plenty of Cooper in season.

Getting some Oladapo would be cool. I like him but think hes a jack of all trades who might just be a tick below NFL ability.

Otherwise lets see if any of the guys can seperate and create real pressure as that 5th DE cat. Otherwise im good with Wooden holding down that emergency gameday spot.

44 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Im actually interested in seeing some more Goforth. I know hes got a basically 0% chance of making the initial 53.. but the guy knows how to play some LB. Would be cool to see some Hopper though for sure. 

Im sure we'll get plenty of Cooper in season.

Getting some Oladapo would be cool. I like him but think hes a jack of all trades who might just be a tick below NFL ability.

Otherwise lets see if any of the guys can seperate and create real pressure as that 5th DE cat. Otherwise im good with Wooden holding down that emergency gameday spot.

Last year our 5th DE (EDGE was gameday inactive. I would assume the same this year unless that person plays a bunch of special teams. 

Agree in wanting to see Oladapo and Hopper. 

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Monk and Rhyan played very well together last week. A glimpse of the future perhaps. 

Probably not too far into the future though. Rhyan coming to camp in year three out of shape is a serious red flag for me wanting to trust that guy if we had to pay him.

Glad he's playing well and hope he continues, but after next year, I have to let him walk if he shown that kind of unprofessionalism in year three. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Last year our 5th DE (EDGE was gameday inactive. I would assume the same this year unless that person plays a bunch of special teams. 

Agree in wanting to see Oladapo and Hopper. 

I dont think any of the 3 vying for that DE spot have shown they need to be protected on the 53. If they dont start showing something id use that spot on one of the DBs or Goforth.

26 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Monk and Rhyan played very well together last week. A glimpse of the future perhaps. 

Hermans grades.. lol. What did royce do that netted that grade compared to anyone else? Telfort had a bad showing. Caleb was a drum in pass pro. Andy needs to give wahle a call for line grades.

Wilson had a couple cut blocks and a leak for a gain otherwise was getting abused in his stand up blocks.

I mean **** we couldnt block a yard with a +200 lb mass. 

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I dont think any of the 3 vying for that DE spot have shown they need to be protected on the 53. If they dont start showing something id use that spot on one of the DBs or Goforth.

You are probably right, but I just have a hard time releasing potential pass rushers. If we had the depth there, we have at WR, I'd be pounding the table to keep 6 or 7. 

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Hermans grades.. lol. What did royce do that netted that grade compared to anyone else? Telfort had a bad showing. Caleb was a drum in pass pro. Andy needs to give wahle a call for line grades.

I assumed he stole those from somebody like PFF. Do they even grade preseason? 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

You are probably right, but I just have a hard time releasing potential pass rushers. If we had the depth there, we have at WR, I'd be pounding the table to keep 6 or 7. 

We literally just picked up the 3rd guy in the battle. What Cox and Moseby give you, plenty of street guys give.

Like you said, some of the other spots on this team are really showing out at more versatile positions.

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I assumed he stole those from somebody like PFF. Do they even grade preseason? 

Lol maybe he does, whomevers grades they are need a rework.

Cut blocks shouldnt get you a positive grade. You get told to cut if you cant actually make the block. 

Edited by HighCalebR

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

RB's not named Dillon rushed 25 times for 133 yards, so someone must have been blocking. 

Against 3rd stringers and beyond. Hell yeah brotherrrrr

When dillon was playing at least it was against dudes who were probably going to make the browns roster.

Dillon gained 7 yards after contact and earned a yard. Shoutout great blocking.

Edited by HighCalebR