Quinn puts the Myths About Former 1st Rnd Picks to Rest

On 8/20/2024 at 10:16 AM, lavar703 said:

Carlos Rogers wasn't built like a middle schooler and could cover. His problem was that he couldn't catch the ball. What's going on with Forbes is much worse. He's such a liability at the moment that you can't even put him on the field. How do you develop a guy that you can't play? 

Just focusing on Forbes’s few lowlights from week 1 in the preseason doesn't mean “He’s such a liability at the moment that you can’t put him on the field.” He played well vs the Jets except for the one play where he jumped the route, missed the jam, and got beat over the top on a perfect pass & catch for a TD.

Against the Dolphins Forbes played 11 snaps and wasn't targeted one time by Tua, so he must have had solid coverage.

Harping on one play in the preseason where a corner got beat on a perfect pass and catch to the back pylon of the endzone doesn't make much sense to me. 

I get being skeptical if Forbes can develop into anything more than a #4 or 5 CB in the NFL, we are all skeptical but to act like anyone 100% knows that he can't be a top 3 CB on our team on this date just doesn't make sense. There is not a large enough sample size to know that yet. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Just focusing on Forbes’s few lowlights from week 1 in the preseason doesn't mean “He’s such a liability at the moment that you can’t put him on the field.” He played well vs the Jets except for the one play where he jumped the route, missed the jam, and got beat over the top on a perfect pass & catch for a TD.

Against the Dolphins Forbes played 11 snaps and wasn't targeted one time by Tua, so he must have had solid coverage.

Harping on one play in the preseason where a corner got beat on a perfect pass and catch to the back pylon of the endzone doesn't make much sense to me. 

I get being skeptical if Forbes can develop into anything more than a #4 or 5 CB in the NFL, we are all skeptical but to act like anyone 100% knows that he can't be a top 3 CB on our team on this date just doesn't make sense. There is not a large enough sample size to know that yet. 

He sucks. He’s sucked for the entire time he’s been on the field for this team. First year and now into his second year. I don’t enjoy this. I don’t want it to be the case but it is. It’s the same crap I heard about Jamin Davis. “Oh he’s not that bad. He just needs time” except for time doesn’t make you not suck at football.

My hope is he becomes a great player. My belief is he probably gets cut or traded before the trade deadline this season. I think they’ll try putting him on the field. He gets torched like normal and then they do exactly what Rivera did and pull him off the field. It’s unfortunate. It was a bad pick but it happens. 

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He sucks. He’s sucked for the entire time he’s been on the field for this team. First year and now into his second year. I don’t enjoy this. I don’t want it to be the case but it is. It’s the same crap I heard about Jamin Davis. “Oh he’s not that bad. He just needs time” except for time doesn’t make you not suck at football.

My hope is he becomes a great player. My belief is he probably gets cut or traded before the trade deadline this season. I think they’ll try putting him on the field. He gets torched like normal and then they do exactly what Rivera did and pull him off the field. It’s unfortunate. It was a bad pick but it happens. 

I mean, I get it.  I’m at least glad that you’re hoping that he becomes a player.  I just think that there isn’t anything wrong with letting him get some rope to play with this year.  If he’s terrible, then that’s that.  But you still have to give him that chance in the regular season, and we’ve seen a small player like him succeed before.  Quinn and Whitt have done a great job coaching DBs, so if they can’t get anything out of him, I will happily see him out the door. 

• Like 1