which QB?

3rivers

23 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I don't think you or I were wrong about Pickett.  The only thing that bothers me about Kenny is the attitude / demeanor of giving up at the end.  I think he'll have regrets someday as I think he ultimately was a bit of a reluctant about staying in Pittsburgh from the start tbh , but he also was dealt a pretty lousy hand.  

Kind of crazy - there’s some of the Yinzerverse floating in Twitter that says “At this rate might as well kept Kenny because it would have gotten Tomlin fired.” How miserable do you need to be to have that attitude?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I don't think you or I were wrong about Pickett.  The only thing that bothers me about Kenny is the attitude / demeanor of giving up at the end.  

This is what bothered me as well. I wanted to see him compete with Russ. All things considered, he may have gotten the developmental reps that Fields got this summer.  I also think he could have learned a great deal from Russ who is a high character persona nd mature.  

I think he'll have regrets someday as I think he ultimately was a bit of a reluctant about staying in Pittsburgh from the start tbh, but he also was dealt a pretty lousy hand.  

He definitely wasn't given four Aces, but sometimes you have to just play what you were dealt. I thought his maturity, competitiveness, and  heart wold carry his lack of elite skills. I really wanted to see him succeed in Pittsburgh. Oddly enough, I saw him as someone like Russ, who wasn't the biggest or strongest, but had that "it" factor and would bust his butt. His confidence definitely got shook. 

Playing-the-Hand-You-Are-Dealt-When-ACEs

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Kind of crazy - there’s some of the Yinzerverse floating in Twitter that says “At this rate might as well kept Kenny because it would have gotten Tomlin fired.” How miserable do you need to be to have that attitude?

I get that people may be ready to move on, but no need to be nasty.  For this reason, I hope he succeeds. Sometimes people don't appreciate greatness until it's gone.  I rooted for Ben because of his adversity and I wished that he matured and worked like Peyton Manning.  Ben should have been an MVP and definitely should have won another SB or two with AB & Lev on offense. 

If Tomlin can get this team together, he will earn his flowers (respect).  No more, you inherited Cowher's team. You ran off LeBeau and BA/ You are mediocre, etc. He is at a point where he has to put up results. The NFL is a results-driven business. I want to see him succeed.  Realistically, he is reaching a point where many fans are losing or have lost faith/confidence in him going beyond winning regular seasons and one-and-done in the play-offs.  

29 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Playing-the-Hand-You-Are-Dealt-When-ACEs

I was bothered more by the reported behavior at the end of last season, the not dressing as emergency backup and also I hated the "not learning anything" from the sidelines answer. That answer was horrible from somebody that had so much room to develop. I get he was pissed but any thinker would appreciate the perspective of seeing things from a different angle, I thought Kenny was wiser than that. I so much would've rather heard something like it gave me an opportunity to slow things down a little, but I learn I lot more when Im in the game etc. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:

they should have replaced tomlin a while ago IMO .  

keeping a player to get a coach fired? If it's that close to firing time, then it's time to  most likely unless a player can be brought in to save the team

mediocre .529 at best for 2024 because of slow start, schedule later on and some issues with the 24 roster/coaches.   

Just now, JustPlainNasty said:

I was bothered more by the reported behavior at the end of last season, the not dressing as emergency backup and also I hated the "not learning anything" from the sidelines answer. That answer was horrible from somebody that had so much room to develop. I get he was pissed but any thinker would appreciate the perspective of seeing things from a different angle, I thought Kenny was wiser than that. I so much would've rather heard something like it gave me an opportunity to slow things down a little but I learn I lot more when Im in the game etc. 

Absolutely! Spot on with my feelings as well.  Again, look at Josh Dobbs. He's not nearly as talented, but he's grown. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I was bothered more by the reported behavior at the end of last season, the not dressing as emergency backup and also I hated the "not learning anything" from the sidelines answer. That answer was horrible from somebody that had so much room to develop. I get he was pissed but any thinker would appreciate the perspective of seeing things from a different angle, I thought Kenny was wiser than that. I so much would've rather heard something like it gave me an opportunity to slow things down a little, but I learn I lot more when Im in the game etc. 

that might have been the end of KP here. Seems like saying the wrong thing will get a player benched as opposed to strictly their play on the field. KP and Okoroafor are such examples.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Absolutely! Spot on with my feelings as well.  Again, look at Josh Dobbs. He's not nearly as talented, but he's grown. 

there is another QB we had, but preferred mitch and KP xD

• Like 1

Just now, 3rivers said:

that might have been the end of KP here. Seems like saying the wrong thing will get a player benched as opposed to strictly their play on the field. KP and Okoroafor are such examples.   

You may be right tbh. Chuks seems to be having a lot of the same issues in New England with pre-snap penalties, etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

You may be right tbh. Chuks seems to be having a lot of the same issues in New England with pre-snap penalties, etc. 

I find it kinda funny that all the "out of position" complaints happen, he was one of the "should have been LT" but lost the LT job like 5 days into camp to a 3rd round rookie who didn't play LT in college.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

chuks ended up being terrible.  

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I find it kinda funny that all the "out of position" complaints happen, he was one of the "should have been LT" but lost the LT job like 5 days into camp to a 3rd round rookie who didn't play LT in college.

see above

the colbert era would have drat picks play out their contracts, as well as overpay draftpicks and or giving them new deals when they should be gone.   chuks is gone, thank Khan

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

To be honest buddy, it is saying the wrong thing and then NOT performing on the field. That was Chuks and KP's issue.  Times are different, but our coaches would have said, "Shut up son, and play some football. I don't give a @#$% about your comments and feelings."  Different era and I'm not suggesting that was the best way to handle every situation either, but TJ Watt saying something carries far more weight than Chuks. 

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

there is another QB we had, but preferred mitch and KP xD

Dobbs matured more away from Pittsburgh, but his foundation was formed here. He did not perform anywhere near what we saw from him in Tennessee, Arizona, or Minnesota.  He also had an expiration date as defenses caught up to what he was doing. He is good for a four-game stretch, but not an entire season. I was just never a match fan as a potential starter. If you recall, I wanted Carson Wentz who had put up 28-8 numbers in Indy. 

• Like 1