Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Here's another...

Also Aug. 16th

Jahan Dotson's struggles proof of Ron Rivera's : title

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Check out his Podcast, too.

You can find it through Spotify or Apple, Mike.

I'm listening to it now. Specifically the one above was so far more about Ron's failures as a GM than continuous nitpicking on Jahan. 

The other part. [Quinn] wants urgency, he wants he (and all the other guys) to make blocks, better out of the breaks. Kevin is 100% speculating that he wants players to hustle more. It was a leap that you're rolling with.

The quote "i wanna see blocks, I wanna see him beat that man." You seem to be taking it him being lazy? Kevin then really starts hammering "Quinn has to be talking about I want more hustle."

So it's nothing Quinn said verbatim. Sheehan is speculating.  I don't think I've seen anyone else say Dotson wasn't or was lazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm listening to it now. Specifically the one above was so far more about Ron's failures as a GM than continuous nitpicking on Jahan. 

The other part. [Quinn] wants urgency, he wants he (and all the other guys) to make blocks, better out of the breaks. Kevin is 100% speculating that he wants players to hustle more. It was a leap that you're rolling with.

The quote "i wanna see blocks, I wanna see him beat that man." You seem to be taking it him being lazy? Kevin then really starts hammering "Quinn has to be talking about I want more hustle."

So it's nothing Quinn said verbatim. Sheehan is speculating.  I don't think I've seen anyone else say Dotson wasn't or was lazy.

He hasn't done much in pre season. One of Jayden's 3 incomplete passes throughout pre season went to Dotson on an out route.

I don't know if it was a bad pass, or if it was Dotson just not getting there.

It was in the Miami game.

In 4 years, Ron Rivera had 12 top 100 draft picks. These were his best selections: Sam Cosmi (pick 51) Kam Curl (pick 216) Brian Robinson (pick 98) Quan Martin (pick 47)  During his time in Washington, RR had 6 top 50 picks. To date, NONE have hit anywhere in the NFL.

McCaffery, Sinott, Zaccheaus, Tremayne, Crowder, Allen, Brown, Tinsley and maybe even BRYANT LOL.  I am okay with first 2 but you have to admitt like something else is coming down the pip3.

4 minutes ago, 4209 said:

McCaffery, Sinott, Zaccheaus, Tremayne, Crowder, Allen, Brown, Tinsley and maybe even BRYANT LOL.  I am okay with first 2 but you have to admitt like something else is coming down the pip3.

A high 2025 draft pick. 

• Like 1

Well, it’s safe to say the New Orleans Saints won their draft-day Chris Olave trade with the Washington Commanders back in 2022. The Commanders traded another player they got with the picks New Orleans sold to move up for Olave in that year’s draft, parting ways with former first-round wide receiver Jahan Dotson. Meanwhile, Olave is coming off of back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons.

Remember, the Saints traded up to No. 11 in exchange for their picks at Nos. 16, 98 and 120.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Well, it’s safe to say the New Orleans Saints won their draft-day Chris Olave trade with the Washington Commanders back in 2022. The Commanders traded another player they got with the picks New Orleans sold to move up for Olave in that year’s draft, parting ways with former first-round wide receiver Jahan Dotson. Meanwhile, Olave is coming off of back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons.

Remember, the Saints traded up to No. 11 in exchange for their picks at Nos. 16, 98 and 120.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Like 1

The Rivera drafts

2020 draft

Round Ovr Name Position Note
1 2 Chase Young DE Off the team. Traded for a late 3rd rounder in 2023.
3 66 Antonio Gibson RB Okay player. Left team after contract. Signed with Pats.
4 108 Saahdiq Charles OT Often injured. Signed by Titans but retired.
142 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Lasted 1+ season before getting cut and retired.
5 156 Keith Ismael C Lasted 1+ season before getting cut. With Cardinals.
162 Khaleke Hudson LB 4 seasons on & off with team. On 1 year deal w/ Saints
7 216 Kamren Curl SS Pretty good safety who signed a two year deal with Rams in 2024 after deal concluded.
229 James Smith-Williams DE Spent 4 years on and off with team. Signed one year deal with Falcons. 

ZERO players from 2020 still with the team. Five did make it to the end of their contract but none were brought back. 

2021 draft

1 19 Jamin Davis LB Below average/bust LB prospect. On the bubble 2024.
2 51 Sam Cosmi OT Pretty good starting guard. 
3 74 Benjamin St-Juste CB Mediocre at best corner. 
82 Dyami Brown WR Breakout year? Has shown nothing so far.
4 124 John Bates TE Solid for his job TE2 at peak.
5 163 Darrick Forrest SS Solid play, but injuries have derailed him. Cut candidate?
6 225 Camaron Cheeseman LS Hilarious. No one picked him up.
7 240 William Bradley-King DE WSH 2021-2023. With Patriots.
246 Shaka Toney DE Suspended for gambling. Free Agent.
258 Dax Milne WR Three seasons with team but never did much. Raiders.

Six players still with team. One good, one solid role player, one player who played well and fell off a cliff, one below average corner, one guy looking to breakout, one bust first rounder. Cosmi/Bates probably the only two who might be back on 2nd contracts. 

2022 draft

1 16 Jahan Dotson WR Traded today for a net late 3rd rounder.
2 47 Phidarian Mathis DT Bust, who is never on the field. Also a solid RB. 
3 98 Brian Robinson Jr. RB
4 113 Percy Butler FS 3rd or 4th safety but hasn't done much.
5 144 Sam Howell QB Got his shot, but wasn't cut out. 
149 Cole Turner TE Hasn't done anything. 
7 230 Chris Paul G Nothing bad for a 7th rounder, but not much. 
240 Christian Holmes CB With the Giants. Cut August 2024. 

Five of the eight still with the team, but not our first rounder. 2nd rounder likely to be cut. RB is good. Gave QB a shot, and didn't work out.

2023 draft

1 16 Emmanuel Forbes CB ROUGH first year is generous. 
2 47 Quan Martin DB Breakout FS? 
3 97 Ricky Stromberg C 3rd string guard? 
4 118 Braeden Daniels OT Bust stash on IR last year. Cut this year?
5 137 KJ Henry DE Rotational piece?
6 193 Chris Rodriguez Jr. RB Probably cut?
7 233 Andre Jones Jr. DE Rotational piece? Probably cut?

All seven with the team still, but I wouldn't be surprised if four of them are cut. 

• Like 3

I’ve heard all of that @aceinthehouse but I’m you are not characterizing what reporters have been saying correctly. Not being physical and not hustling are two different things. I haven’t heard anyone say he’s not working hard rather that he’s not what they’re looking for in a receiver physically.

Time will tell if we made the correct decision here. 

I listen to KSheehan RELIGOUSLY. Like every single podcast and show (long commute). His show has commented regularly on the following themes:

(1) Dotson not being able to get off line

(2) Dotson being easiliy re - routed by bigger stronger corners

(3) Discussion on BMITCH commentary damning Dotson's poor body language

(4) Consistent mentions that "Dotson" has to earn in, that its a new regime, including speculation that Dotson didn't embrace competition and was "behind" schematically

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

He hasn't done much in pre season. One of Jayden's 3 incomplete passes throughout pre season went to Dotson on an out route.

I don't know if it was a bad pass, or if it was Dotson just not getting there.

It was in the Miami game.

The pass wasn’t catchable