Jahan Dotson Traded to the Eagles

7 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Disagree with all of that for the simple fact Campbell and Ross are cannon fodder and going to be cut.  The Eagles absolutely needed a WR3 and Dotson is cost controlled with 2 years left on his rookie deal+option for 5th year option.  I would've been fine with a deal for someone like Noah Brown too, but this provides cost certainty and good upside.

Ah yeah.. I glossed over the Campbell mention. Not sure why non Eagles people have this idea he’s a lock to make the roster cause he’s not. I saw at least a couple others mention him when going through tweets about Dotson.

Noah Brown would be more of a Zach Pascal type. Dotson definitely provides some more upside, especially in the event Brown or Smith go down.

I still don’t love having to give up a 3rd, but hopefully it’s a pretty late one and pretty early 5th.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah yeah.. I glossed over the Campbell mention. Not sure why non Eagles people have this idea he’s a lock to make the roster cause he’s not. I saw at least a couple others mention him when going through tweets about Dotson.

Noah Brown would be more of a Zach Pascal type. Dotson definitely provides some more upside, especially in the event Brown or Smith go down.

I still don’t love having to give up a 3rd, but hopefully it’s a pretty late one and pretty early 5th.

WR is something drafted in those first 4 rounds. Getting a guy like Dotson who’s 24 for a 3rd and 2 years of control is honestly worth a 3rd. 

with Wilson and Dotson we really don’t need to draft a WR next year. One less position to worry about. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The 3rd will be whichever ends up being higher of the Eagles 2 3rds, so hopefully Miami is a playoff team haha.  The 2 7ths given up will be the lowest 2 of the 4 that they own.  Washington looks like a mess on offense honestly, so I'd expect a fairly early 5.  40-50 spot trade down in middle of the draft+2 late 7ths is worth it.

Edited by CasperX22
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Brown, D. Smith, Dotson, Wilson, Covey

A. Smith on PS

WR solved

I think we'll keep 6...

Brown / Smith / Dotson / Wilson / Covey / Ross ( 4 First Round Picks)

Also Seen this and found it even more interested regarding the actual trade - 

Howie traded a 2024 mid 4th round pick for a 2025 3rd He just traded that 2025 3rd for Jahan Dotson and a 2025 5th Basically a 4th for Dotson and a 5th. Steal. #Eagles

Edited by IrishHooligan00
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think we'll keep 6...

Brown / Smith / Dotson / Wilson / Covey / Ross ( 4 First Round Picks)

Also Seen this and found it even more interested regarding the actual trade - 

Howie traded a 2024 mid 4th round pick for a 2025 3rd He just traded that 2025 3rd for Jahan Dotson and a 2025 5th Basically a 4th for Dotson and a 5th. Steal. #Eagles

Zero chance they keep Ross.  He's behind Campbell on the depth chart.  If they keep a 6th it will be Ainias Smith.  Ross will easily be available to be brought back to the ps.  Ainias Smith might be a goner if he gets cut.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If history suggests anything A Smith is making the roster and we carry 6 WRs and two TEs. 

They will keep a 3rd TE.  The question is whether they keep 4.  My guess they keep Jenkins, Albert O is a goner, and they try to bring back Castles to the ps.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If history suggests anything A Smith is making the roster and we carry 6 WRs and two TEs. 

I hope not. EJ Jenkins has upside at 25. I think smith might be this years Jacoby Stevens. A guy who might not have it.

I’d be floored if they only go 2 TEs. Kellen Moore loves him some TEs, and grant calcaterra is oft injured to say the least

Just now, CasperX22 said:

They will keep a 3rd TE.  The question is whether they keep 4.  My guess they keep Jenkins, Albert O is a goner, and they try to bring back Castles to the ps.

I think they keep Jenkins, cut Albert O (who I’m not even convinced gets a PS invite). Then they have one of the other 2 guys on the PS.

jenkins has made the team imo. He’s big, fast and has some actual talent. 

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I hope not. EJ Jenkins has upside at 25. I think smith might be this years Jacoby Stevens. A guy who might not have it.

I’d be floored if they only go 2 TEs. Kellen Moore loves him some TEs, and grant calcaterra is oft injured to say the least

It’s just a numbers game. They probably think they can get Jenkins on the PS and they want to keep a lot of players on D. That’s how I see it at least. 

18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s just a numbers game. They probably think they can get Jenkins on the PS and they want to keep a lot of players on D. That’s how I see it at least. 

Not a chance.  They will carry 3 at least with the amount of 12 personnel that Moore likes to play.  They also will play some 13 personnel in short yardage and closeout situations.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Not a chance.  They will carry 3 at least with the amount of 12 personnel that Moore likes to play.  They also will play some 13 personnel in short yardage and closeout situations.

Meh guess we will see. You are probably right, but if they think they can get Jenkins to the PS for three weeks and then sign him to the 53 after an injury or something I think they will try. Good players are getting cut from this roster it is too deep. Will just depend on who they think they have a shot at getting back.