53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

That makes sense but damm Wiley looked good. had that hesitation , reading blocks then a burst . I was impressed !

Reminded me of the way Emmitt Smith used to run.. So many times I thought we had him boxed in then boom ! he got 4-8 yards !

I’m hopeful they get Wylie on the practice squad & work on him becoming a better pass blocker and special teams player. If you are going to be the #3 or 4 RB on a roster you are going to have to be a special teams ace both in being a coverage guy, a return man, and maybe the personal protector on the punt team.

My guess is that McNichols is all 3 of those things and he is probably better in pass protection.

Posted (edited)

I agree with those who are talking about Boston Scott, he would be the perfect signing to upgrade McNichols and he's a good special teams guy.

I see that the Steelers just signed Scott on their practice squad, but we could sign him away to our active roster.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m hopeful they get Wylie on the practice squad & work on him becoming a better pass blocker and special teams player. If you are going to be the #3 or 4 RB on a roster you are going to have to be a special teams ace both in being a coverage guy, a return man, and maybe the personal protector on the punt team.

My guess is that McNichols is all 3 of those things and he is probably better in pass protection.

Like I stated before he was on the 49ers. I’m taking Wiley all day and he’s only 23. 

38 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Carolina be like....WTF?

K.J. Henry??

Thank you very much!

I've agreed with about everything we've done all off season. Including trading Dotson.

But letting K.J. go was just stupid, imo.

Bengals claimed him. Not Carolina. 

• Like 1