2025 NFL draft thread (p1 - season start)

Forge

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Never too early mock draft! Lol 

Has us taking - Princely Umanmielen DE from OLE MISS. 

Note to self, he use to play with Ricky at Florida. 

Very on brand. With Trent extending, I could definitely see that. Prefer a DT, but you have to figure they want to get younger and cheaper on the D-Line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Very on brand. With Trent extending, I could definitely see that. Prefer a DT, but you have to figure they want to get younger and cheaper on the D-Line.

I actually expect a very heavy defensive draft right now. May change as we learn who gets re-signed and who walks, but right now I'm expecting a lot of defensive openings

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually expect a very heavy defensive draft right now. May change as we learn who gets re-signed and who walks, but right now I'm expecting a lot of defensive openings

Absolutely. Corner. At least Charvarius is going. Safety if Mustapha doesn't continue to over perform draft slot. Can't imagine Huf is back. Linebacker. Can't imagine Greenlaw is back and I think we'd know if they liked Winters that much already.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Absolutely. Corner. At least Charvarius is going. Safety if Mustapha doesn't continue to over perform draft slot. Can't imagine Huf is back. Linebacker. Can't imagine Greenlaw is back and I think we'd know if they liked Winters that much already.

I also don't think both defensive tackles are back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I also don't think both defensive tackles are back. 

Yep. Next year is going to be a lot of defensive flux. No idea how we'll handle the offensive line at the same time, but at least the younguns mostly look like useful guys.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JIllg said:

Yep. Next year is going to be a lot of defensive flux. No idea how we'll handle the offensive line at the same time, but at least the younguns mostly look like useful guys.

Wish we would have held onto Kingston so he could have at least competed with whomever we brought in once Banks leaves.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wish we would have held onto Kingston so he could have at least competed with whomever we brought in once Banks leaves.

Yeah, I didn't get that letting go of Kingston. I liked him mostly for the elite shuttle and three cone, but the more important thing is that he has a cheap contract and theoretical upside over dudes like Bartch and Zakelj. I get liking those guys for now more (a little bit), but I think that we know pretty well that they aren't good and can't be good. Maaaaaaaybe mediocre. Kingston could theoretically be better than that. But I thought the same about Ilm Manning and that was largely nothing. These bottom of the roster decisions are theoretically interesting and sometimes have very real impact (see Purdy), but most are just the smallest of margin management calls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, I didn't get that letting go of Kingston. I liked him mostly for the elite shuttle and three cone, but the more important thing is that he has a cheap contract and theoretical upside over dudes like Bartch and Zakelj. I get liking those guys for now more (a little bit), but I think that we know pretty well that they aren't good and can't be good. Maaaaaaaybe mediocre. Kingston could theoretically be better than that. But I thought the same about Ilm Manning and that was largely nothing. These bottom of the roster decisions are theoretically interesting and sometimes have very real impact (see Purdy), but most are just the smallest of margin management calls.

You summed this up almost perfectly and it was pretty obvious listening to Lynch that they had planned to bring him back to the PS, and **** happens and you lose some guys, but I definitely would have rather have taken the chance losing Zakelj over Kingston. Oh well life goes on.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jesus, Texas stomping all over Michigan

I feel like folks always don't quite get how valuable Harbaugh was until he is gone. People have been joking about the Chargers and they have been beat up and injured the past couple of years, but they've also underperformed just because everyone wasn't pulling in the same direction. I really think they'll be a good football team this year. Good coach and good quarterback is a winning combo. 

• Like 3