2024 Eagles regular season

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Where is the positivity crowd????

Tell us it will be OK.

I'm 100% positive the Eagles will be a better team and offense when AJ, Smitty, Lane and Covey all return.

Argue otherwise,  please.

So Can we Fire Sirianni and just promote Kellen Moore? I don't want Mr. Visor & Sweatshirt anywhere near this team. Let Kellen have the year, if its bad ok we move on from the whole coaching staff. Promoting Moore Shouldn't effect the team negatively in any way if anything it would most likely elevate the team and light a fire under their ***. 

16 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

So Can we Fire Sirianni and just promote Kellen Moore? I don't want Mr. Visor & Sweatshirt anywhere near this team. Let Kellen have the year, if its bad ok we move on from the whole coaching staff. Promoting Moore Shouldn't effect the team negatively in any way if anything it would most likely elevate the team and light a fire under their ***. 

Eagles lose out of the bye and that seems very possible. 

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I watch the Lions play and they run the ball 11 of the first 17 plays of the game..... why can't the Eagles do that? lol

We have an elite OL and RB.... just run the football early in the game man.

What's more frustrating is that Gainwell still gets in the game at important points in the game and Shipley can't get on the field.  I can almost kind of understand not wanting to overwork Saquan early in the season, but what is the excuse for not using Shipley at all? 20ish touch for Saquan, 5-7 for Shipley, 5 for Gainwell; why is that so difficult? Especially in a game where you're without your top 3 WR's and it's 110 on the field.  If there was ever a time to lean on the run game it's there.

49 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I watch the Lions play and they run the ball 11 of the first 17 plays of the game..... why can't the Eagles do that? lol

We have an elite OL and RB.... just run the football early in the game man.

Because the interim HC of the Eagles to be according to some of you is even more pass wacky then early Andy Reid. 

It would be to simple a concept to play smash mouth. That's not Kellen Moore. 

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because the interim HC of the Eagles to be according to some of you is even more pass wacky then early Andy Reid. 

It would be to simple a concept to play smash mouth. That's not Kellen Moore. 

Remember the Doug days? We said the same thing.

The Eagles will never be a run first team, not as long as Lurie is the owner. He doesn't want that, he doesn't want his team to be that. It has been reported that even on wins, he was not pleased because we didn't win "the way he wanted". 

19 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

It is now being reported that this isn't Kellen Moore's offense. That it doesn't look that way. Same thing it was said after last season. This is very concerning, because I don't think there is such a thing as a "Sirianni offense". He was never a play caller, he gave up those duties very early in his tenure. In 2022 it was widely talked about how it was a very simple offense. Also the fact that we abandoned under center plays after one half of a game, it's telling me that we are very limited on plays we can run and that the problem might be Hurts. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It is now being reported that this isn't Kellen Moore's offense. That it doesn't look that way. Same thing it was said after last season. This is very concerning, because I don't think there is such a thing as a "Sirianni offense". He was never a play caller, he gave up those duties very early in his tenure. In 2022 it was widely talked about how it was a very simple offense. Also the fact that we abandoned under center plays after one half of a game, it's telling me that we are very limited on plays we can run and that the problem might be Hurts. 

I Dunno, I feel like Sirianni isn't taking the step back like he's supposed to. He should have nothing to do with the offense and I feel like his hands are all over it. Which is impeding how Moore can call the game...

20 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I feel like the whole Slay situation w/ parsons podcast and his whole twitter incident truly shows how broken the locker room is and how bad the discipline is by Sirianni. 

I agree with this. If there's anything Hurts was, it was a leader. That's the thing you could see on every scouting report and how his was killing it on interviews. I don't see him working well with someone as Sirianni. 

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm 100% positive the Eagles will be a better team and offense when AJ, Smitty, Lane and Covey all return.

Argue otherwise,  please.

I am positive you’re right.  I’m also positive their defense won’t get any better with the Vangio mindset and cooked selfish d bags like Slay.  I’m also positive that this team is limited because of the leadership that decided to hire and keep Sirianni after his act has worn off.  When Doug stopped being a “yes man” and was exposed for the HC that he is, they hired another “yes man” and here we are.   

Howie wants more control than most GM’s have, which is why they settled for 2 under-qualified (yes men) candidates.  Gratefully 2017 was an anomaly. 2022 was great but Nicky Kotite has since lost the room.  This season will be a march to mediocrity at 10-7.  Sadly I don’t think that is bad enough to force change.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I am positive you’re right.  I’m also positive their defense won’t get any better with the Vangio mindset and cooked selfish d bags like Slay.  I’m also positive that this team is limited because of the leadership that decided to hire and keep Sirianni after his act has worn off.  When Doug stopped being a “yes man” and was exposed for the HC that he is, they hired another “yes man” and here we are.   

Howie wants more control than most GM’s have, which is why they settled for 2 under-qualified (yes men) candidates.  Gratefully 2017 was an anomaly. 2022 was great but Nicky Kotite has since lost the room.  This season will be a march to mediocrity at 10-7.  Sadly I don’t think that is bad enough to force change.  

Howie is the GM with most control in the NFL not named Jerry Jones. There's no way he wants more control, there's no more to be had. He already decides who's active and who isn't. Play-calling is the only thing he's not doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Howie is the GM with most control in the NFL not named Jerry Jones. There's no way he wants more control, there's no more to be had. He already decides who's active and who isn't. Play-calling is the only thing he's not doing. 

You’re saying the same thing I am.  I’m not saying he wants more than what he has, I’m saying he wants it this way. And Lurie is enabling it.  That’s been the case since Chip was let go and Howie was let back out of the corner.  

• Like 2