2024 Eagles regular season

49 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would understand it better if it was a dominant win against a good team, not a crap win against one of the worst teams in the league with all of the things going for us previously mentioned. That's what makes it look so bad. 

I can agree about the optics.

However at no point in a Dominate win would the home fanbase be booing, screaming and cussing for 47 minutes though? It's not the same situation 

I mean is any of this quote below inaccurate?

"We thrive off the crowd when they cheer for us. That's all I'll say. When our crowd cheers for us, we thrive off of them. You know, we hear them when they boo. We don't necessarily like it. I don't think that's productive for anybody. When they cheer for us and we’ve got them rolling, we love it.”

Nick Sirianni on Eagles fans having a big effect on the Browns offense and helping the birds defense but the booing doesn’t help 

To BE CLEAR, I too at the sports bar was yelling and saying WTF? So I get it but constantly unwavering negativity when on offense outside of 2 plays (TD)?? Come on?

What I find ironic and even more frustrating  is this year seems the be the opposite of the past few seasons? Where we would dominate the first 1/2 of games scoring, the fans would be rocking, true homefield advantage but then we'd struggle to continue that pace and score in the 3rd/4th QT's?

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I can agree about the optics.

However at no point in a Dominate win would the home fanbase be booing, screaming and cussing for 47 minutes though? It's not the same situation 

I mean is any of this quote below inaccurate?

To BE CLEAR, I too at the sports bar was yelling and saying WTF? So I get it but constantly unwavering negativity when on offense outside of 2 plays (TD)?? Come on?

What I find ironic and even more frustrating  is this year seems the be the opposite of the past few seasons? Where we would dominate the first 1/2 of games scoring, the fans would be rocking, true homefield advantage but then we'd struggle to continue that pace and score in the 3rd/4th QT's?

I do agree Philly fans can be unnecessarily harsh. That was mostly with the Phillies though. 

In a dominant win the home team wouldn't be booing and this wasn't it. We barely won despite having a fully healthy team and two weeks to prepare. This team shows up unprepared every week and is going back to last year. 

Nick should be chirping back at his own fanbase as if he showed them, because he didn't.

40 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I believe if you want to see Moores offense, take away Jalen's ability to audible. He has been changing plays constantly and I feel it's due to him being a creature of habit.  He changes the play to route concepts he is familiar with (go, mesh [drag]) and just throws it that direction, ignoring the rest of the play design. Watch some film breakdown.  People are open, he just isn't looking that way. He may not like sirianni, but he knows his playbook and is comfortable in it....so he runs his concepts in audible when he is uncomfortable with Moores play call

30 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I believe if you want to see Moores offense, take away Jalen's ability to audible. He has been changing plays constantly and I feel it's due to him being a creature of habit.  He changes the play to route concepts he is familiar with (go, mesh [drag]) and just throws it that direction, ignoring the rest of the play design. Watch some film breakdown.  People are open, he just isn't looking that way. He may not like sirianni, but he knows his playbook and is comfortable in it....so he runs his concepts in audible when he is uncomfortable with Moores play call

I think Hurts is not blamed enough for the offensive identity. 

We keep calling it Sirianni's offense but what is even that? He called plays for like 8 weeks in 2021, never did in Indy. It is a very real possibility that Hurts is handcuffing the defense due to his limitations.

That doesn't change the fact that coaching is failing him in making it easier for him to work on them scheme wise. 

19 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

We keep calling it Sirianni's offense but what is even that? He called plays for like 8 weeks in 2021, never did in Indy. It is a very real possibility that Hurts is handcuffing the defense due to his limitations.

That doesn't change the fact that coaching is failing him in making it easier for him to work on them scheme wise. 

Not gonna see me defending Jalen. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

This just isn’t most of the truth. Its a small part of the truth but the league wasn’t prepared for AJ brown, devonta smith and Jalen’s legs in 2022

teams catch the league by storm all the time

look at the Vikings. No one was prepared for darnolds arm and legs with those WRs 

the league caught up 

handcuffing is a coaches choice

It’s a philosophy issue. 

there’s more to QB than picking apart the middle of the field. Andy held mahomes hand his first 2 years as a starter

theres answers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

If the player has the ability to audible to a play it is apart of the offense. By definition that is his offense. You can blame Jalen for it, but he isn't at the line designing a play. 

Jalen definitely has a problem with working through his progressions. That isn't really a secret. Blaming him for the pitiful offensive design is silly though. If he audibles to a play... that is a design of the offense which comes directly from the coaches. You can blame him for audibling to the wrong play, but I don't think that is regularly occurring.

We are still running Sirianni's offense with more motions and shifts. Hard for me to point to Jalen and blame him for that specifically. Moore should have been given complete control of the offense. Jalen should have been forced to run his offense. If they are catering to QB that is on the coaching staff, not Jalen.

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If the player has the ability to audible to a play it is apart of the offense. By definition that is his offense. You can blame Jalen for it, but he isn't at the line designing a play. 

Jalen definitely has a problem with working through his progressions. That isn't really a secret. Blaming him for the pitiful offensive design is silly though. If he audibles to a play... that is a design of the offense which comes directly from the coaches. You can blame him for audibling to the wrong play, but I don't think that is regularly occurring.

We are still running Sirianni's offense with more motions and shifts. Hard for me to point to Jalen and blame him for that specifically. Moore should have been given complete control of the offense. Jalen should have been forced to run his offense. If they are catering to QB that is on the coaching staff, not Jalen.

Lets not leave the FO out of blame here, when in fact they deserve most of the blame. They are the ones who hired Kellen and created the idea that the offense would be a lot different. They knew going into this season exactly what we were getting into. The situation that we're in right now cant be surprising to them when they're the ones who created this mess, and they're allowing this nonsense to continue knowing dam well this isnt going to work. The FO has yet again killed this team from the start by keeping Sirianni at HC and keeping his offense.

But no. Cant fire a guy because hes been to x amount of playoff games in x amount of years. It would look bad on Lurie....

How do you look now Lurie??

Maybe his son can print off a sheet of paper that shows analytically how much of a dumbass him and Howie have been the past 2 years.

Edited by UndyTaker
  • Like 2

this is what I mean. These things are doable. The offense doesn’t have to be stuck in the mud. The answers are obvious. Jalen isn’t Aaron Rodgers 2014 under center. But he’s capable of running 20-30% of the offense from under center and pistol 

variety is possible

screens are possible

these are philosophical choices not player limitations. 

even if Jalen walks into nicks office demanding go routes to AJ, a head coach’s job is to design what’s best for the player and the team. To give his players the best chance to succeed. Idc personally if jalen throws 10 go routes. Mix in some damn screens and bootlegs. Some mesh concepts. That way our entire offense isn’t 50/50 balls

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Lets not leave the FO out of blame here, when in fact they deserve most of the blame. They are the ones who hired Kellen and created the idea that the offense would be a lot different. They knew going into this season exactly what we were getting into. The situation that we're in right now cant be surprising to them when they're the ones who created this mess, and they're allowing this nonsense to continue knowing dam well this isnt going to work. The FO has yet again killed this team from the start by keeping Sirianni at HC and keeping his offense.

But no. Cant fire a guy because hes been to x amount of playoff games in x amount of years. It would look bad on Lurie....

How do you look now Lurie??

Maybe his son can print off a sheet of paper that shows analytically how much of a dumbass him and Howie have been the past 2 years.

Sticking with Nick last year was fine. Sticking with Nick this year? Malpractice

its pretty rare teams keep a coach after he loses the lockerroom

i mean unless it’s bill belichick, Andy Reid or something

It’s like the Steelers with Mike tomlin, at what point do you realize that no matter what OC you hire ugly football is his philosophy

the eagles needed to realize Nick was behind the times.

my concern, and I’m one of the more howie positive people here

my concern is Mike McDaniel and kliff kingsbury have howie vibes

weve flirted with kliff specifically a lot.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Two points.

1.  It is never acceptable for the clown show that Siriani put on display with the fans and at the podium yesterday.

2.  Jalen Hurts cripples the offense.  Defense is easy in the NFL when you do not have to defend between the hashes.

Again

jalen hurts has deficiencies

the coaches are not working around them intelligently

there are answers 

this isn’t as simple as “jalen hurts can’t throw in the middle and that’s why we don’t”

it’s more like “Jalen hurts isn’t good at throwing in the middle so let’s figure out creative and easy options for him between the hashes like screens, shovels, jets so that that middle of the field has to be honored despite the fact that our QB is weak there”

Seeing how many people much smarter than me say this is almost entirely a Nick issue and nicks offense leads me to believe them

jalens struggles in the middle should force a coach to creatively problem solve how to fix that. How to put him in a position to use the middle.

a bad coach says “well outside is what he’s good at so let’s just do that and then sprinkle in traditional middle of the field plays that he’s not good at every now and then and essentially waste a down”