2024 Eagles regular season

13 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Why is that? Feel free point out your issue with what I have to say.  

Has or have not every play caller called the same concepts with Jalen? Don't you think there is a reason for that? Particularly when you have someone like Kellen More that's bread and butter is running a version of WCO concepts.  Forget the fact Nick has designed offense for different QB'a that looked entirely different.

Is Jalen Hurts or is he not struggling to read man/zone? 

Are they or are they not using a ton of split field concepts?

By all means how am I not being fair to Jalen here?

Because you said Andy Reid wouldn’t make a difference here

that clues me in on your state of mind

also Nick hasn’t designed offenses for different QBs? He was merely a part of a process. Frank Reich was the head man. I can be an assistant to a CEO

it doesn’t mean I’m able to orchestrate a merger lol

again the most rudimentary point someone can make in this argument is 

“hasn’t everyone run the same plays with jalen”

it’s always followed up by either

”it’s what Jalen wants” or “it’s all Jalen can do”

what’s ignored is the reality which is 

that “Jalen hurts offense” is the only solution Nick has been able to come up with to hide Jalen’s weaknesses.

so you can scream to the mountains about Jalen this and Jalen that but it all comes down to coaching. 

there’s nuance in life

jalen can be limited

and the coaching can be doing an inadequate job of working with those limitations.

its crazy to think that there are people who think there’s only one way to solve a problem

yeah that’s true. If you’re unqualified to solve that problem 

which newsflash. Nick is

Edited by Last Stand

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

He's an automatic passing down guy for me now. Jordan Davis appears to be good at nothing lol

JD is a very good run defender but a mediocre pass rusher. I hoped the explosive traits would give him some push in the pass game, but he is just a NT that clogs holes in the run game. Valuable to have, but over drafted. 

Mazi Smith is good at nothing. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

JD is a very good run defender but a mediocre pass rusher. I hoped the explosive traits would give him some push in the pass game, but he is just a NT that clogs holes in the run game. Valuable to have, but over drafted. 

Mazi Smith is good at nothing. 

I think calling him mediocre is very generous. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I think calling him mediocre is very generous. 

Meh I don’t think so. He is what he is. He doesn’t really play on passing downs. He doesn’t  ofter anything unique when he is in, but he isn’t completely useless. If he gets free on a stunt or something he will finish the job. 

Overdrafted for sure, but hardly a bad player. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Meh I don’t think so. He is what he is. He doesn’t really play on passing downs. He doesn’t  ofter anything unique when he is in, but he isn’t completely useless. If he gets free on a stunt or something he will finish the job. 

Overdrafted for sure, but hardly a bad player. 

Mediocre isn't being like middle of the pack? Because he is not that as a pass rusher. 

4 hours ago, Last Stand said:

That’s been my only point. Is there’s more that can be done and mixed in with the other stuff they do “well” 

you only need about 5ish plays a game of stuff in the middle of the field to keep a defense honest if the rest of your playbook is mixing it up.

theres so many variations from shotgun and under center of different ways to get the ball into the hands of guys. 

the problem with what they do now is there’s so little disguise, there’s so little set up, there’s so little variety. 

the sweet spot we’re in right now is limited QB with uncreative offensive head coach

I believe Lamar Jackson isn’t a big attacker of the middle either but he’s by far a bigger threat as a runner and their team uses creativity in the run game specifically to make better use of his throwing. 

what Jalen is good at could be a strength of this team, if they find a better way to hide what he’s bad at. 

If I could drop off the graphic you could see just how little Jalen attacks the middle vs the rest of the league. It is obscene vs everyone else. It's a choice to not go that that at some point. That's where I'm at. I always wonder what would of happened with Jalen if Doug stayed and had him from the beginning, but it strange that Jalen doesn't change no matter who is handling him. The coaches aren't on the field is the point I'm trying to make overall. Jalen is on the field making audibles and decisions where to throw it. Nick could put throw it to goedert on repeat on jalens phone and play it in jalens sleep, but it may not change his decision when the lights hit and it's game time.  

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Because you said Andy Reid wouldn’t make a difference here

that clues me in on your state of mind

also Nick hasn’t designed offenses for different QBs? He was merely a part of a process. Frank Reich was the head man. I can be an assistant to a CEO

it doesn’t mean I’m able to orchestrate a merger lol

again the most rudimentary point someone can make in this argument is 

“hasn’t everyone run the same plays with jalen”

it’s always followed up by either

”it’s what Jalen wants” or “it’s all Jalen can do”

what’s ignored is the reality which is 

that “Jalen hurts offense” is the only solution Nick has been able to come up with to hide Jalen’s weaknesses.

so you can scream to the mountains about Jalen this and Jalen that but it all comes down to coaching. 

there’s nuance in life

jalen can be limited

and the coaching can be doing an inadequate job of working with those limitations.

its crazy to think that there are people who think there’s only one way to solve a problem

yeah that’s true. If you’re unqualified to solve that problem 

which newsflash. Nick is

That's because it wouldn't matter.  Andy isn't some miracle worker that can invent talent out of nothing AJ Feeley and Joy Detmer included.  The best 1-1 example is Michael Vick. Vick wasn't asked to do much of anything in the passing game with Atlanta, but Andy was able to take his raw talent and mold the offense around him to get the most out of him.  It worked for a little more than half a season until the league figures out Vick's limitations.  Andy didn't have an answer from there.  It's basically the phenomenon we witnessed in 2022 with Jalen Hurts, except it took about a full year for the NFL to catch up and learn how to play Jalen.  Now there are no cards left to play, same as Vick, and neither are/were able to make adjustments when the league figures them out. This is who he is and no amount of window dressing is going to hide it.

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was there audio? Honestly Curious I was in Costa Rica all week So haven't heard what was even said or reported? What was said?

I will repeat this one more time. I have always for decades been of the opinion Fans don't have the right just because they pay for a ticket to any sports venue to constantly berate/cuss/threaten any individual Player, Coach, staff, hell waterboy! Yet that's exactly what occurs every week at just about every venue in some capacity. 

We have NO IDEA what those specific fans Siriani was addressing said throughout the 3 hrs? Do you? Any of you going to sit here and say there's not a chance in hell any of **** talking got personal? Maybe even directed towards his Family? His wife, his kids? We are talking about Drunks!!!

Why is it expected that "Proffesionals" have to turn the other cheek, ignore the Stupidity of ignorant *** fans who believe, I can say WTF I want because they know you cant do damn thing about it?

It's like the Kevin Durant confrontation when he went after that fan who talk **** about his Momma when running onto the court? Specifically went after his family? He too supposed to just STFU and let it go?

Was there this same kind of contempt for Jalen Carters antics at the end of the Saints game and I just missed it? Or is it just a Sirianni/Coach thing? 

The Saddest part of what occured is that is was Eagles Fans at a Home game that somehow prompted this. 

Not an away game with opposing teams fans that get just as nasty if not worse, home fans. Makes me wonder what was even said, that's all.

You all assume no matter what was said, it's never warranted. I assume,  if certain things are said, it's always warranted. Job title or not.🤷‍♂️

Ok, since there wasn’t audio then how do you know what the fans said?  

51 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Ok, since there wasn’t audio then how do you know what the fans said?  

Kinda my point! Thanks for playing. Just let it go!

Won't be the last thing we disagree on. Enjoy