WE ARE SO BACK! WEEK 1 GDT: Arizona @ Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Questions to be answered:

How does Coleman look in his first game?
Who starts at S opposite Rapp?
How do Shakir and Kincaid look with expanded roles?
The QB/C exchange in live reps. Any fumbles?
Dorian Williams in year two and Bernard in year 3.

Give me Josh Allen at home on opening day in a perfect later summer/early fall forecast every time.

Bills 27
Cards 13.

LETS GOOOO!!!

I have all the confidence in our offense and I am very excited to watch the new look bills o. Can't wait to see how Coleman, Samuel, Cook, Kincaid, Knox and Shakir are all used.

On the other side of the ball I'm a little more nervous. Big question marks at the safety position and LB role. Will this defense regress a lot? Will McDermott get the most out of his guys? Will we let up a ton of points week 1 to an underrated Kyler Murray & co?

The DL and CB duo of Rasul Douglas and Benford will be the strength of this defense and it will feel weird without Hyde, Poyer, Milano and White out there. 

I'll go Bills 31-Cards 23

I think the Bills will be able to score 14+ each half, then on defense they will let up some big plays but hold them to a few FGs which will be the difference. 

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Questions to be answered:

How does Coleman look in his first game?
Who starts at S opposite Rapp?
How do Shakir and Kincaid look with expanded roles?
The QB/C exchange in live reps. Any fumbles?
Dorian Williams in year two and Bernard in year 3.

Give me Josh Allen at home on opening day in a perfect later summer/early fall forecast every time.

Bills 27
Cards 13.

Hamlin is the starter.

On 9/3/2024 at 1:12 PM, The BILLievers said:

LETS GOOOO!!!

I have all the confidence in our offense and I am very excited to watch the new look bills o. Can't wait to see how Coleman, Samuel, Cook, Kincaid, Knox and Shakir are all used.

On the other side of the ball I'm a little more nervous. Big question marks at the safety position and LB role. Will this defense regress a lot? Will McDermott get the most out of his guys? Will we let up a ton of points week 1 to an underrated Kyler Murray & co?

The DL and CB duo of Rasul Douglas and Benford will be the strength of this defense and it will feel weird without Hyde, Poyer, Milano and White out there. 

I'll go Bills 31-Cards 23

I think the Bills will be able to score 14+ each half, then on defense they will let up some big plays but hold them to a few FGs which will be the difference. 

I like the skill positions on offense, and obviously we have Allen, so how bad can it really get? I do worry about the O line, though. If it's mediocre, then the offense is going to suffer quite a bit because Brady is going to want to run the ball, and you need at least a solid O line to do that effectively. It would also limit Allen, which is never a good thing.

I have a ton of worries about the defense. Milano being injured again really knocked down my confidence in the group since I thought our LBs would be a major strength. Now it looks bare.

CBs should be fine as long as Douglas continues his play from last season and Elam continues to progress. Benford is a known commodity at this point. The interior of the D line has me worried. Oliver is a good player, of course, but if Jones goes down, the rush defense struggles, and we really don't have a ton of depth for that role. DEs should be solid but unspectacular unless Rousseau takes a step forward, which is definitely possible. We damn near NEED him to become a 10+ sack guy. Von can't be a shell of himself, either. Safeties are obviously a big-time concern, too. Rapp is a gamer, but his coverage is lacking at times. Hamlin, love the story, but not sure he's a regular starter in this league. Time will tell. 

McD will be able to cover up a lot of flaws on defense. I'm hoping Beane will use some of his surplus of picks to add some starters to this defense as the season progresses, injuries hit, and we find out who can cut it as a starter. 

As for the game, week one is always wonky, so my expectations are tempered. Arizona's defense should be ***, and their O line doesn't look great. Buffalo should win. I'd put this at a 60/40 game. 

Buffalo- 27

Arizona- 24

Edited by WizeGuy

16 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

That’s a weak roughing the passer call.

Weak doesn't even begin to explain it. Just awful.

Luckily the defense got a stand on this drive because between the refs, Allen and rough defensive play we could have been down 14-0