Cold Winter Nights Mafia CIVS WIN

Dome

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm The Twins.  At the start of the game I choose one person and if either of us are killed the other is informed who killed them, but not their role.

I chose KSJ because of him being scum last game and I honestly didn't think he would be targeted to be killed by lynching as he's not one of the people I thought was a super standout player from the last game.

5 hours ago, theuntouchable said:
5 hours ago, Whicker said:

Dome makes it very clear that ET killed Mookie. He also makes it very clear that whatever killed LTBF wasn't anything we've seen yet

Admittedly I skipped over most of the fluff on that 

I'm surprised this just went by with no one really caring or noticing.

He was adamant in his posting that i killed Mookie and LTBF...and then as soon as it's brought up that ET obviously killed mookie according to the write up.....touch simply brushes it off as a simple misunderstanding/skipping over "fluff" and continues on.

9 minutes ago, Raves said:

As I'm a little drunk as it's my birthday, can someone find all of Pats posts from day #2, or at least give me a link to the start of day #2?

On 12/26/2017 at 8:59 PM, Pats#1 said:

And what's pushing you towards me?

My reasoning for flipping to Bucs was obvious, simply trying to save myself

Same response as above

On 12/26/2017 at 9:02 PM, Pats#1 said:

So there is a serial killer in this game from what a couple have said, but others are also saying "vig" which I'm guessing stands for vigilante.

Are both these roles the same exact thing?

On 12/26/2017 at 9:05 PM, Pats#1 said:

I switched off of MD4L because TK3 switched off of MD4L, which meant I still had 4 votes, and now MD4L only had 3.

I had to make a move to Bucs, because my vote was already for MD4L

On 12/26/2017 at 9:08 PM, Pats#1 said:

Gotcha....is there a reason why people are sort of using them interchangeably then? The radio communication started with "ser", so it's fairly obvious we've got a serial killer I'm guessing.

On 12/26/2017 at 9:09 PM, Pats#1 said:

On 12/26/2017 at 9:22 PM, Pats#1 said:

Because at that point it was simply a curiosity on my part, I really didn't know get a leaning one way or another, I just noted I was going to keep an eye on him because of his supposed "complicated role".

This was my post to him, I said it right in the post I wasn't sure one way or another, just suspicious.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:13 PM, Pats#1 said:

The Hermit/Dracula comparison does work, as Dracula did live secluded from society in his castle. I can't think of many Werewolve movies/stories where the werewolf secludes himself from society, usually he is actually right in the community.

If there are monsters, could there be a monster hunter (van helsing) character?

On 12/26/2017 at 10:14 PM, Pats#1 said:

That would also fit with a vigilante character role pretty nicely as a counter to the monsters.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:32 PM, Pats#1 said:

It feels like the Hermit is a good guy after going back re reading everything tbh

On 12/26/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pats#1 said:

this is a big jump and definitely just on a hunch, but i think the Hermit could be a vigilante, and he is a monster hunter.

- didn't attack the kids when he had the chance

- wasn't upset that the cops were at his cabin

- almost seems to be watching over the kids

- one kid died and we know it wasn't him

On 12/27/2017 at 12:28 AM, Pats#1 said:

Yea, I was going to say that if the Hermit is the vigilante, then maybe he could kill bucs to be sure and to let us know he's on our side....but it hit me that scum could be watching him and figure out who the vig is, and hit him the next night.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:44 AM, Pats#1 said:

Off to bed guys....I'll catch up tonight

On 12/27/2017 at 6:15 PM, Pats#1 said:

I'm up, catching up now 

On 12/27/2017 at 6:44 PM, Pats#1 said:

Gotta go with Bucs at this point. I was hesitant until someone mentioned that if the Vampire finds him and kills him, that could be his win condition.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:47 PM, Pats#1 said:

I honestly don't know, I would expect the game ends though, wouldn't make sense for that single player to win his situation and then just be done with the game.

On 12/27/2017 at 7:02 PM, Pats#1 said:

If Bucs doesn't die tonight then we have a list of people who have been pushing the Bucs BW hard and go from there

On 12/27/2017 at 7:03 PM, Pats#1 said:

This actually makes more sense tbh

Choosing KSJ is also why you might've noticed i kept trying to keep people from lynching KSJ because if he died during the night I would know who did it at the bare minimum.  I kind of think it's still weaker than a normal teenager role which is why I made those comments on how I knew there was a role weaker than a normal teenager.

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

how convenient....i know who i am...and no one has counter claimed vigilante....so with you claiming teenager....that means (from my end if i were to believe you), that raves/ksj would be scum....but i don't believe you....

Mookie was the hunter which seems to me like a vigilante. KSJ and I were both 1-shot vigs when we picked up those guns

If I was "Van Helsing" and one of my win cons was to kill the vampire, I would've taken the opportunity to join Raves' train of killing someone else and letting the Vig/Helsing character kill the Vampire at night... since he didn't even bother trying to join my bandwagon I think it's pretty clear Pats is caught in a lie.

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I'm surprised this just went by with no one really caring or noticing.

He was adamant in his posting that i killed Mookie and LTBF...and then as soon as it's brought up that ET obviously killed mookie according to the write up.....touch simply brushes it off as a simple misunderstanding/skipping over "fluff" and continues on.

That’s because it was.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Mookie was the hunter which seems to me like a vigilante. KSJ and I were both 1-shot vigs when we picked up those guns

If I wasn't the vigilante, why would I even bring one up? That's a really lucky guess when no one knows all of the current roles and no one knew there was a "hunter" at that point.

I'm also concerned that it's specifically called "Van Helsing" when the rest of us have super generic names. The Cop, The Twins, Just a Kid, Hot Blonde, Retired Cop, The Grey, A Werewolf, Van Helsing. One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

If I was "Van Helsing" and one of my win cons was to kill the vampire, I would've taken the opportunity to join Raves' train of killing someone else and letting the Vig/Helsing character kill the Vampire at night... since he didn't even bother trying to join my bandwagon I think it's pretty clear Pats is caught in a lie.

Because as I said before, I didn't want to take a chance at something backfiring if I attempted to kill Bucs. If we went with a BW on someone else, then it would have been obvious someone was going to try and kill Bucs that night with a hit. I wasn't sure if mafia had a protecting or counter kill of some kind.

Since i had a second win condition, i decided that was the safer play.

Like I took a play writing class when I was younger, and one of the things that I remember is that it's usually best to give all your characters real names instead of "drunk teenager #2" or whatever so that people aren't left feeling like their role is unimportant and replaceable. I'm going to be a little weirded out if there were a game full of generic teenagers and Van Helsing and Helsing was the same importance as the others.

Archived