Cold Winter Nights Mafia CIVS WIN

Dome

24 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

My vote was in direct response to something touch said, I showed my reasoning.

LTBF just pops in here and there, and he even admitted to just going with the flow by stating "seems like we are working towards that progression".

His only reasoning was, well others are doing it, which makes me question his intentions.

Malf has been very active, but I'm honestly not familiar with his usual playing style. Is he always this aggressive when he's scum, or always aggressive in general?

My first vote was a crap shoot (Due to the unimaginative Jfin), I wasnt going with the flow.

2nd vote was obvious. Was worth it cause I haven't played the game before, so had to at least see if Bucs was immune. 

3rd I went with Raves cause I have a feeling he is scum by his vote pushing away from Bucs (I believe)

4th at the moment, is what I see as the progression of Malfs votes and words over the 3 days. 

Not sure how I have gone with the flow. Been half and half really. Just making sure you are caught up on my actual play lol

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

So you're just following what the crowd is doing?

Haven't been very active, haven't really come up with any original points, just seem to be floating through, keeping out of the way and trying to "go with the flow".

pretty scummy behavior

Don't confuse totally lost and no original thoughts. As I have mentioned I haven't played this before and most of people's votes tend to be based on how people have played past games, how people's posting behaviors change, and even some vendettas. How can I come up with something original based on that logic lol

8 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

My first vote was a crap shoot (Due to the unimaginative Jfin), I wasnt going with the flow.

2nd vote was obvious. Was worth it cause I haven't played the game before, so had to at least see if Bucs was immune. 

3rd I went with Raves cause I have a feeling he is scum by his vote pushing away from Bucs (I believe)

4th at the moment, is what I see as the progression of Malfs votes and words over the 3 days. 

Not sure how I have gone with the flow. Been half and half really. Just making sure you are caught up on my actual play lol

What about your town reads? Who would you not consider voting for and why? If you had to bet the game on trusting one person, who would it be?

3 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Don't confuse totally lost and no original thoughts. As I have mentioned I haven't played this before and most of people's votes tend to be based on how people have played past games, how people's posting behaviors change, and even some vendettas. How can I come up with something original based on that logic lol

Who do you feel is being genuine in their posting? Whose posting feels fake?

Just now, Whicker said:

Who do you feel is being genuine in their posting? Whose posting feels fake?

I still feel Raves is hiding something due to pushing away from a 2nd Bucs lynch. Most of his posts have felt fake, but a couple recently have somewhat swayed me back, but I still think he is Scum or an other (is it an Alien now)

6 minutes ago, Whicker said:

What about your town reads? Who would you not consider voting for and why? If you had to bet the game on trusting one person, who would it be?

The ones I were thinking were town reads have been killed. Now it seems like the rest are mostly scum or others and my window to win is closing lol. Of the ones left, I would have said FJ or Pats, but lately I got the feel they may be working together in some combo with Raves and Malf

3 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

The ones I were thinking were town reads have been killed. Now it seems like the rest are mostly scum or others and my window to win is closing lol. Of the ones left, I would have said FJ or Pats, but lately I got the feel they may be working together in some combo with Raves and Malf

Hmmmm.

I find it strange that you came to this conclusion. So you've really never played mafia before this game?

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

First time. 

Okay. In typical games the enemies are a pretty small subset of the roster. In the games I've seen here, it's usually around 25%. In normal mafia games, conversions are impossible. Conversions usually only take place with the presence of a cult alignment which are rare even in non-normal games. With 18 players to start we are probably looking for at most 5 enemies and we have eliminated two. There are four confirmed civ roles still unaccounted for (The Cop, The Twins, Hot Blonde, Just a Kid) as well. If you're a teenager like you claim then you for sure have people that are on your side. Eventually, you're going to have to decide who you think those people are.

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Okay. In typical games the enemies are a pretty small subset of the roster. In the games I've seen here, it's usually around 25%. In normal mafia games, conversions are impossible. Conversions usually only take place with the presence of a cult alignment which are rare even in non-normal games. With 18 players to start we are probably looking for at most 5 enemies and we have eliminated two. There are four confirmed civ roles still unaccounted for (The Cop, The Twins, Hot Blonde, Just a Kid) as well. If you're a teenager like you claim then you for sure have people that are on your side. Eventually, you're going to have to decide who you think those people are.

To add to that, the Cop typically has the ability to investigate a player each night and find out where they are aligned and Twins are two players that are joined where if one dies then so does the other.  I've never played with a Hot Blonde or Just a Kid role so those roles are an unknown quantity to me @LetTheBallFly

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Thanks for the info. That was my original thought, but it kept seeming like people were talking about a werewolf pack, vampires, then you had a serial killer, hermit, and now an Alien creature. Seemed like the number of possible enemies were more. That's why I said I was a bit confused.

4 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Thanks for the info. That was my original thought, but it kept seeming like people were talking about a werewolf pack, vampires, then you had a serial killer, hermit, and now an Alien creature. Seemed like the number of possible enemies were more. That's why I said I was a bit confused.

Yeah I get that. Theme games are definitely not the best place for a complete newbie since setup speculation is not really what newer players should focus on. You should really be focusing on the things outlined above. Who do you trust and why? Whose reads feel genuine and why? Whose reads feel manufactured and why?

1 hour ago, LetTheBallFly said:

So are you an other then?

2 hours ago, LetTheBallFly said:

By giving reasons when you decide to vote for someone.

It just felt sketchy to pop in and say, "everyone's voting this way, so I'm just gonna go with it" earlier.

Archived