Game Dey!

D line wasn't great, and way too often there was no one coming up the middle when Hendrickson forced the QB forward, but the biggest problem defensively felt like there were just a ton of guys at every level not bringing players down or even effectively slowing them down when they had a shot. That and an offensive line that's mostly played together the past few seasons looks completely uncomfortable 

18 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

D line wasn't great, and way too often there was no one coming up the middle when Hendrickson forced the QB forward, but the biggest problem defensively felt like there were just a ton of guys at every level not bringing players down or even effectively slowing them down when they had a shot. That and an offensive line that's mostly played together the past few seasons looks completely uncomfortable 

13 missed tackles.  Time for more hitting in practice.  In Zac's time, he has won a total of ONE game in 11 attempts in weeks one and two.  And that was on the fluky fumble in OT with the Vikings in 2022.  Otherwise he's o-fer.  That is a travesty and begs why these guys aren't ready before week 3.  

Not going to overreact too bad to Week 1. I believe Joe will come back to his usual self as the year progresses and we will transform into a SB contender late like we always do.

The defense however, I just can't imagine a scenario where we magically figure out how to stop the run, unless Kris Jenkins Jr. and McKinnley Jackson provide some unlikely support. It's going to be exploited all year. I really miss the 2021-22 Bengals defense.

The cherry on top is an aggravated Chase who rightfully is unhappy. They were so close, just pay the man. It's not worth the backlash.

On 9/12/2024 at 9:07 AM, SmittyBacall said:

Not going to overreact too bad to Week 1. I believe Joe will come back to his usual self as the year progresses and we will transform into a SB contender late like we always do.

The defense however, I just can't imagine a scenario where we magically figure out how to stop the run, unless Kris Jenkins Jr. and McKinnley Jackson provide some unlikely support. It's going to be exploited all year. I really miss the 2021-22 Bengals defense.

The cherry on top is an aggravated Chase who rightfully is unhappy. They were so close, just pay the man. It's not worth the backlash.

They tried very hard to pay the man. Every future dollar that is guaranteed has to be escrowed now. So they would be on the hook for all of it now , which is something that is probably not that easy for a franchise with less cash flow than others.

36 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

They tried very hard to pay the man. Every future dollar that is guaranteed has to be escrowed now. So they would be on the hook for all of it now , which is something that is probably not that easy for a franchise with less cash flow than others.

So what is the plan for next offseason when negotiations reopen? Will they save between then and now?

5 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I was just having a conversation with the GF about this.  So this week, the team is having a "watch party" at the stadium.  $100 cover charge, but hey, concessions are half off.  I'm thinking that since they don't have to share that revenue, they can pocket the money in escrow and sign Chase in a couple of weeks.

The real answer, of course, is that Chase needs to be willing to go with rolling guarantees instead of up front ones.  Burrow has them.  The kind that say if he's on the roster December 1st, 2025, then his 2026 salary becomes 100% guaranteed.  If Chasse would do that, the deal would have already been finished.