Week 2 GDT: Bears @ Texans

PAtexansFAN_99

GET YOUR MIND RIGHT..

It's the home opener!

The Houston Texans are hosting the Chicago Bears for

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

Houston Un GIF by The Undroppables

Coming off a hard-fought win against the Colts, the Texans are fighting to maintain sole ownership of first place in the AFC South! 

75135698007-090824-colts-texans-msg-0076

Joe Mixon DOMINATED in his Texans debut rushing for 159 YARDS on 30 carries (5.3 YPC), adding 3 catches for 19 yards (178 yards total). 

GW96Gr_WoAAJM4I.jpg

Caleb Williams failed to eclipse 100 passing yards in his NFL debut. He also couldn't throw a TD pass.

KEYS TO THE GAME

1) Score as many points as possible.

2) Play good defense.

3) NO BLOCKED PUNTS!!! CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Texans by forty 

I'm old school, so that means the Texans have one real bad performance in 'em. Week 2 vs an NFC opponent, I'll take this one. 

Bears on a late FG to put the game out of reach - 24-20. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm old school, so that means the Texans have one real bad performance in 'em. Week 2 vs an NFC opponent, I'll take this one. 

Bears on a late FG to put the game out of reach - 24-20. 

The Bears do have a legit D. I just think they may be on the field a lot and will get worn down.

I need to see something on defense. Pressure was okay against the Colts but WAJ and Hunter need to win more battles and get home to the QB. Also the secondary needs to earn their paychecks.  Hopefully they're studying tape trying to correct that debacle they gave us.

• Like 1

We have a long history of falling flat on our faces in prime time games. We also have a long history of letting bad or struggling QBs go off on us.....just see Bryce Young beating us last year, and having the 2nd best game of his terrible career. 

Couple that with the fact that the Bears defense took advantage of every inch they were given week 1, and our offense at times made some huge mental mistakes, almost had 2 crippling turnovers, one off by a few inches and one called back on a penalty. 

add in the fact that our young secondary.....4 of our top 6 being on rookie deals. 

all this really seems to suggest the Bears have a really good chance of beating us. 

But

This is a new era of Texans football, and I am going to believe the past is behind us. We are 8-3 under Ryans/Stroud in single possession games. A disturbing stat is that we are 4-5 in games decided by more than 1 score. It means we are not blowing out teams like a good team should. 

Just looking at last year, we lost several games we should have won: 5 of our 7 loses were to non playoff teams last year. Ironically, the 2 playoff teams that beat us were the browns and ravens and we got rematches with them in the playoffs. 

This is not a must win because its week 2 and we are in a weak division. But its kind of a must win. The back half of our schedule is brutal. In our final 8 games we play: Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Kansas City, Baltimore. Thats a potentially 1-4 or 2-3 schedule for us. heck we could drop all 5 of those games if we are facing injuries. 

To get to 11 or 12 wins this season. We have to beat teams like the Bears. 

The good news: The bears are 1-0. They are riding a high, have no expectations, and its not a desperation game for them. I hate those kind of games. They won behind an offense that only gained 148 yards. Unless I am missing something, the Titans defense was not expected to be amazing this year. 

Bottom Line: We need this one badly, we have to hold the fort down until we get Harris and Autry back to give us some defense reinforcements. We really need to start the season 4-0 because Josh Allen is gonna torch our secondary week 5. 

So I am going with the Texans in a blow out 31-10

• Like 2

We low key could lose all 5 games I mentioned above (Dallas, Detroit, Miami, KC, Baltimore) and still be a 10 or 11 win team if we take care of business. Green Bay should still be without Love. We can go 6-0 in the division, 5-1 at worst. If we start 7-2, we could finish 3-5 and still win the division. And that is a worse case type thinking. I really think we can go 2-3 over those 5 games. I think we can beat the Ravens, Dallas and Detroit. The dolphins will scorch our secondary with that speed. Mahomes will pick us apart as well, but its possible we could score with anyone out there and win some of these games that our defense is going to struggle in.