Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) vs. 49ers (1-0)

swede700

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I did not know Sean Mannion was an offensive assistant for the Packers currently, but good for him, probably will have a longer career doing that than playing.  Honestly if he has a good football mind that is the only reason he was kept around...

Cousins on more than one occasion, KOC too, said how Mannion was very useful in the QB room with communications and game planning.

This was such an awesome game to get to see in person. The atmosphere was amazing! Showed up a couple hours early to the game and it was packed with fans already, and a fair amount of them were 49ers fans.

Heck of a game by the Vikes, apart from the terrible interception thrown by Darnold and then the Aaron Jones fumble near the goal line. Yes, both great plays by Warner, but very inopportune times to turn it over. Thankfully we kept fighting and came away with the win. 

I lost my voice for a bit cheering so loud at the game. Well worth it. That 97 yd Jefferson TD was a thing of beauty by Jettas and Darnold (great throw to drop it in to the bucket). My adrenaline was pumping hard core after that and didn't come down the rest of the game.

Thought Chandler looked much better running the ball than Jones, but it could have been the plays being called. Seemed like Jones was asked mostly to run it in between the tackles and Chandler to the outside, but it was working as he ran great.

The defense was mostly a beast. Jones, Mettelus, and Cashman just kept making plays when we needed it most and we did a fairly good job of bending but not breaking on quite a few drives. Great job on the 4th down stops. CJ Ham with the blocked punt to set the tone of the game was phenomenal. Just a great game all around.

Also, shout out to the kicker! Reichard has looked comfortable out there and doesn't make me cringe when I see us having to kick anything. Good feeling!

• Like 6

On 9/17/2024 at 9:29 AM, VikeManDan said:

If you had to guess-timate what was the split of Vikings fans vs 49ers fans?

It is really tough to say for sure since you had some of each fans on both sides, but I would say about 2/3 were Vikes fans to 1/3 Niner fans. Maybe not quite that high, but there was A LOT of Red jerserys. They showed up and were yelling pretty loud. Were a few 3rd downs where you could hear them trying to pump up the defense and try to be too loud for our O to concentrate. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Were a few 3rd downs where you could hear them trying to pump up the defense and try to be too loud for our O to concentrate. 

Well, I'm sure there were some not so smart Vikings fans making noise on those 3rd downs as well. Annoys the heck out of me when I'm at a game and the fans are making that much noise while the offense is on the field. Just shut up, watch, and cheer when a positive play happens on offense, save your vocals for when we're on defense!

• Like 2