Week 2 Games

Leader

Remember how great Bo Nix was in the preseason and everybody thought he was going to be so great. There was a reason he was in college for 6 years and it wasn't just COVID. 

I know they are only rookies, but this class hasn't started out great. 

Very interested to see if Caleb Williams improves any from week 1. Jaden Daniels has been the best of the lot after two games. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Remember how great Bo Nix was in the preseason and everybody thought he was going to be so great. There was a reason he was in college for 6 years and it wasn't just COVID. 

You'll probably need to define "everybody" since I don't remember many (any?) people thinking Nix would be great as a rookie.

On 9/13/2024 at 3:39 PM, Old Guy said:

He's not a good coach. The media fell in love with the guy and propped him up as some sort of football genius. He's just a geek who coaches football. Which makes him a total anomaly. 

I fault the gm much much more. Think McDaniel's has done a good job with what he's been given. The gm let his best interior DL go on a defense that was already SOFT, and then went Chop Robinson in the first lol. It's all flash and speed with a mediocre OL, a bad DL, and an ancient washed up secondary. Tua has looked decent when healthy under him though, I think that says a lot about a coach because I don't like Tua very much. 

On 9/13/2024 at 5:39 PM, Old Guy said:

He's not a good coach. The media fell in love with the guy and propped him up as some sort of football genius. He's just a geek who coaches football. Which makes him a total anomaly. 

He's an excellent OC who is maybe not as well suited to be a great HC.  Happens all the time with coordinators.