#2 WR Before trade deadline?

rlon

12 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

He’s underrated, would be a good fit here. Solid X receiver and good run blocker. 

I’d rather have him than Adams based on cost and contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope it’s not too aggressive. I’d hate to give up more than a 4th for him. He’s a great WR, but he’s old and a rental. Maybe if we could rework his deal to something affordable-ish for one more year. 

C’mon @MOSteelers56 let’s have a little fun!

You’re saying if we beat Dallas tomorrow and give up a 3rd plus a 2026 pick for Adams a few days later you’re not going to be at least a little excited?

It’s been 8 years since we’ve won a playoff game. Screw the picks, screw the cap space I want an exciting team with a chance to make some noise in the playoffs! (probably why I’m not an NFL GM). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

You’re saying if we beat Dallas tomorrow and give up a 3rd plus a 2026 pick for Adams a few days later you’re not going to be at least a little excited?

It’s been 8 years since we’ve won a playoff game. Screw the picks, screw the cap space I want an exciting team with a chance to make some noise in the playoffs! (probably why I’m not an NFL GM). 

Oh no doubt. I’d be pumped. I just don’t think it’s smart for the team. Fun to watch, so actually let’s do this thing! 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Oh no doubt. I’d be pumped. I just don’t think it’s smart for the team. Fun to watch, so actually let’s do this thing! 

Agreed,  if it happens I’ll be estatic to watch. I’ll be cursing it in two years if it doesn’t amount to a ring or at least a deep run.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Man, I’m with you on the fun and the playoffs…

but there is just such a high probability that we are going into the 2025 season with no QB on the roster. And I’d rather not do that without a 2nd and a 4th round pick. 

I’d be for them going for it if they truly understand that the repercussions of missing are burning it down (aka, trade TJ and Minkah and anything else expensive and not tied down). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

but there is just such a high probability that we are going into the 2025 season with no QB on the roster. And I’d rather not do that without a 2nd and a 4th round pick. 

I’d be for them going for it if they truly understand that the repercussions of missing are burning it down (aka, trade TJ and Minkah and anything else expensive and not tied down). 

Steelers have a lot of space and a franchise tag, I hate to use that, but they will not go into the season without a very viable veteran QB on the roster. Agree about draft picks though, and I’d rather have Slayton or Doubs for just one day 3 pick.

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope it’s not too aggressive. I’d hate to give up more than a 4th for him. He’s a great WR, but he’s old and a rental. Maybe if we could rework his deal to something affordable-ish for one more year. 

If a team gets Adams for a 4th, it won’t be the Steelers. The Steelers are more likely a leverage tool as usual, here and because of their offensive scheme.

Edited by rlon

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

That’s why I’m hesitant on Adams…at least someone like Aiyuk would be around for 4-5 more years…Adams probably 2 more at most.

And the elephant in the room is Watt next offseason even though he probably signs another extension next offseason.