• Jets
    • Patriots
    • Ravens
    • Chiefs
    • Cowboys
    • Bills
    • 49ers
    • Other
  2. 2. What value does he roughly return?

• 1st rounder
    • A combination of 2nd/3rd rounders
    • A player going back
    • Conditional / late round picks
    • Other

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Hmm...would be curious to know if the Raiders would have any interest in (extending) Reddick as part of the trade.

We could definitely use an additional pass rusher. Just not sure we'd want to give him a big contract after eating the Adams cap and already having Crosby and Wilkins on big deals.

If I'm Peters?

I offer DT Johnathan Allen & our 3rd round pick (whichever one of the 3 that we have they want)

For

Devonte Adams (and whatever day 3 picks we want back in return if any)

We keep our 1st & 2nd rounders

Slide in rookie 2nd Rd pick, Johnny Newton to replace Johnathan Allen. Still have Deron Payne.

Unload some of that D-Line money in one positional spot & spread it around the Defense next season. 

Johnathan Allen will be 30 in January & is probably not part of our rebuild anyhow.

That's what I would do.

28 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If I'm Peters?

I offer DT Johnathan Allen & our 3rd round pick (whichever one of the 3 that we have they want)

For

Slide in rookie 2nd Rd pick, Johnny Newton to replace Johnathan Allen. Still have Deron Payne.

Unload some of that D-Line money in one positional spot & spread it around the Defense next season. 

Johnathan Allen will be 30 in January & is probably not part of our rebuild anyhow.

That's what I would do.

So we’re unloading Jon Allen because he’s too old to be a part of our rebuild but trading him for a player 2 years older? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So we’re unloading Jon Allen because he’s too old to be a part of our rebuild but trading him for a player 2 years older? 

Yes.

You this for a multitude of reasons.

By trading a player not in future plans (J. Allen) it allows the team to allocate resources at other positions on Defense.

Without trading away a 1st or 2nd Rd pick in the 25' draft.

You already have rookie 2nd Rd pick Johnny Newton, to slide in and take his place.

Our Defense has sucked with Johnathan Allen.

It can suck without him.

You add a HOF WR in D. ADAMS, Who's contract runs through 2027.

The same year, where QB Jayden Daniels 5th yr option, or contract restructuring can happen.

If by some chance, it didn't work out with D. Adams?

You can cut him in 2025, 26 or 27 with no cap hit. I believe.

Let's not forget....guys.

Johnathan Allen has wanted, or hinted at wanting to be traded as well. I believe that's common knowledge.

So yes, turtle.

That's why you try to swing a trade including Johnathan Allen.

While keeping both your 1st & 2nd Rd picks 

57 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If I'm Peters?

For

That's what I would do.

Interesting. I would love Allen next to Crosby and Wilkins. I'd be interested in Lattimore too if Adams wanted to get back with DC.

However I think we will be looking at picks to have ammo to move up for a QB. Just a gut feeling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting. I would love Allen next to Crosby and Wilkins. I'd be interested in Lattimore too if Adams wanted to get back with DC.

However I think we will be looking at picks to have ammo to move up for a QB. Just a gut feeling.

Highly doubt that we take on any big money coming back because we're likely going to be eating money to get the picks we want back. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yes.

You this for a multitude of reasons.

By trading a player not in future plans (J. Allen) it allows the team to allocate resources at other positions on Defense.

Without trading away a 1st or 2nd Rd pick in the 25' draft.

You already have rookie 2nd Rd pick Johnny Newton, to slide in and take his place.

Our Defense has sucked with Johnathan Allen.

It can suck without him.

You add a HOF WR in D. ADAMS, Who's contract runs through 2027.

The same year, where QB Jayden Daniels 5th yr option, or contract restructuring can happen.

If by some chance, it didn't work out with D. Adams?

You can cut him in 2025, 26 or 27 with no cap hit. I believe.

Let's not forget....guys.

Johnathan Allen has wanted, or hinted at wanting to be traded as well. I believe that's common knowledge.

So yes, turtle.

That's why you try to swing a trade including Johnathan Allen.

While keeping both your 1st & 2nd Rd picks 

Your logic makes no sense. If it’s a rebuild and they want to move Allen they should just trade him for a draft pick. Trading for an aging WR and using a draft pick they could utilize on defense makes no sense at all. 

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Your logic makes no sense. If it’s a rebuild and they want to move Allen they should just trade him for a draft pick. Trading for an aging WR and using a draft pick they could utilize on defense makes no sense at all. 

It makes since, if you think you can win a Superbowl with a high octane offense with weapons all over.

It also helps in the development of QB Jayden Daniels. So it's serves at least 2 purposes.

You want to add a CB.

Ok...let's say we trade for Marshawn Lattimore.

Who's gonna cover the other receivers?

Who's gonna stop the run vs teams average 6+ yards per carry vs Washington?

Because they can't stop anybody.

At least if you add Devonte Adams to your arsenal?

You not only make your offense from great to Elite?

But you give yourself an insurance policy if God forbid, you lose Scary Terry, Noah Brown or whomever on the Offensive side of the ball due to injury.

Without much drop off.

If we're playing this well without Adams?

How good can our Offense be with him?

Does that make sense?

Edited by aceinthehouse

32 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

It makes since, if you think you can win a Superbowl with a high octane offense with weapons all over.

It also helps in the development of QB Jayden Daniels. So it's serves at least 2 purposes.

You want to add a CB.

Ok...let's say we trade for Marshawn Lattimore.

Who's gonna cover the other receivers?

Who's gonna stop the run vs teams average 6+ yards per carry vs Washington?

Because they can't stop anybody.

At least if you add Devonte Adams to your arsenal?

You not only make your offense from great to Elite?

But you give yourself an insurance policy if God forbid, you lose Scary Terry, Noah Brown or whomever on the Offensive side of the ball due to injury.

Without much drop off.

If we're playing this well without Adams?

How good can our Offense be with him?

Does that make sense?

No I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl without significant improvement to the roster. The team has surprised people the past few weeks but I expect them to come crashing back down to earth soon. I think Daniels is a really good QB but 1 player is not enough to win a bunch of games in the NFL even if that player is the QB. Adams does nothing to help them win more games, the offense is fine. It would be a complete waste of resources to trade for him.