Week 5: Miami Dolphins (1-3) @ New England Patriots (1-3)

TheKillerNacho

Week 5: MIA @ NE  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tyler Huntley
    • Jacoby Brissett
    • Raheem Mostert
    • De'Von Achane
    • Rhamondre Stevenson
    • Antonio Gibson
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Ja'Lynn Polk
    • K.J. Osborn
    • DeMario Douglas
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Hunter Henry
    • Austin Hooper
    • Jason Sanders
    • Joey Slye
    • Dolphins DST
    • Patriots DST
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/06/2024 at 05:00 PM

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

If McDaniel wants a prayer of salvaging the season when Tua returns (if he returns), he needs to find a way to win a game or two in his absence to avoid an even deeper hole to overcome. After blowing our opportunity on Monday night versus the mediocre Titans, we have another this upcoming Sunday against the team I felt had the least talent on paper coming into the season.

Indeed, the Patriots dynasty is officially behind us, as we face them for the first since Belichick's departure. Using this as an opportunity to rebuild, they have an absolutely gutted roster. Despite this, HC Jerod Mayo has kept the Patriots competitive for the most part, especially defensively. Considering how anemic our offense has been since Tua went down, our struggles will likely continue this Sunday. Thankfully, our defense has been decent for the most part and the Patriots are easily the least impressive foe of our opponents to date.

Ultimately I think this game will boil down to a defensive slugfest that could honestly go either way. I'll make a homer pick this week, as I doubt they'll be many more realistic opportunities to do so in the forseeable future...

Miami 16
New England 13

I still haven't seen anything to give me hope we can win without Tua.  Offensively we haven't been able to sustain drives, even though we are still getting chunk plays.  We just look dysfunctional as if we don't have a backup QB that can lead and manage to pull everyone in synch.

Defense has had it's up's and down's versus pass (162.5 ypg 3TD's) and overall solid against the pass, but not so much versus the run (119.5 ypg 7TD's).  Defense was doing pretty solid in pass rush with 13 sacks versus 7 for our opponents, but the loss of Phillips for the rest of the year is probably going to hurt us here.  IMO we need to get more aggressive on Defense while Tua is out.  Create some turnovers and at least get Sanders within range (Cue Tony Sporano clapping with angel's wings on his back RIP)

I sure miss big play Van Ginkel right now.  He currently has 3 sacks and 1 INT.....pretty good production for a cap hit of $3.4 mil (crying over spilt milk LOL).

Edited by Swampbilly

No matter what anybody thought of Flores this team was the most scrappy and overachieving team that it has ever been under him as head coach. This team just has no life or fire under McDaniel's even with Tua Miami cannot dig down and meet the big challenges for big wins and without Tua they cannot even beat bad teams. I just have to hang my head in disgust as a life long dolfan once again.

Edited by Dolphinmeister