Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The weird thing is that it doesn't acknowledge that he had to slide out in the pocket first because Banks is in his lap which is going to impact the timing of the throw. Unless he also thinks that the slide is unnecessary, which I'm thinking can't be the case. But I don't think you can step into that throw without the slide. 

I dunno man, some of this stuff gets so crazy nitpicky. I'm not even the staunchest Purdy supporter, so I feel like when I think you're being nit picky, you're probably being nit picky lol 

It is definitely nitpicky but these guys are all in a clique and share similar opinions. Seriously, look at the QB rankings and how they speak on QBs and you will notice most of these "film watchers" share the same opinions....Which differ from former QBs. Not an accident either.

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I mean, Brock drives the ball all the time (not like Allen, that's the same dumb standard that Ruiz uses all the time for his Trevor Lawrence coping), but Brock sure doesn't off his back foot off balance while under pressure trying to hit a wide open dude where the ball just has to get there. Very few dudes do. You can argue that Brock was gambling a bit and hoping rather than knowing that his back foot throw could still get there and you can argue that he has a real feel for that sort of thing and I could see either argument. But some of these do not feel like good faith arguments to me.

Right, like off his back foot do you expect Purdy to turn into a prime Favre or something? If so, you will never give this man his proper dues since everything is bad faith. I get liking strong arm QBs and there certainly are advantages in having those types of QBs...BUT, you have seen strong armed QBs that are super inaccurate (Richardson) or just flat out slow in reacting to coverages and cannot go through their progressions. Purdy is not perfect but I am confident we will always have a top level offense with him at the helm....regardless of which receivers he is throwing to. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Almost word for word to what I said would happen last week with Pearsall. Folks have to realize, Kyle LOVES practices and if you can't practice and are unproven, you will not play. This was always going to be the week he was going to return to practice. No guarantee he gets activated this week but we are heading in that direction. 

Even just taking all of Ronnie Bell's snaps feels like a major win. And those snaps where Deebo runs himself out of gas or Jennings tries to truck three guys and is banged up. That sort of thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is definitely nitpicky but these guys are all in a clique and share similar opinions. Seriously, look at the QB rankings and how they speak on QBs and you will notice most of these "film watchers" share the same opinions....Which differ from former QBs. Not an accident either.

Yeah, it's weird. 

And maybe I'm crazy, but from what I can tell, Deebo is 100% not the first read on this play, right? Like, he clearly goes to his left in the progression? Then has to slide right to create a window / passing lane.  So yeah, I get that the pass was "late" into the dropback, but I don't think that should be a knock on purdy, it's just the timing of the play. As @JIllg said, maybe you can make an argument that you're bordering on just a crazy throw there because you were right at the very end of that timing window and that could have been a disaster 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

lol these people are ridiculous. I had a feeling that once we finally had an impact YAC play the "OHHHH SEE I TOLD YOU!!! PURDY GETS CARRIED!!!!" people would pop up. Ben, here, is obviously not doing what I've seen on twitter since last night but even doing this is still trying to go that direction. 

Purdy with the Avengers = Pretty freaking good

Purdy without the Avengers = Still pretty freaking good but now doing it without YAC

The offense is going to be top 5 in DVOA again even without CMC for most of the year, Deebo for chunks of time and everyone out of sync. That's what Brock and Kyle will do for you all the time as long as you have an average pass protecting offensive line that can run block. They be the truth together. Pay the Brock.

On defense, it felt as though Renardo Green over really struggling Charvarius Ward was a big upgrade. And I feel as though the loss of Hargrave has done wonders for Nick Bosa. Been saying for over a year that Hargrave was terrible at the sort of support stunts and teamwork that have been a big part of game plan to free Bosa. And worse players that do their jobs have gotten our pass rush looking like its old self (plus Leonard Floyd has played better). We still need depth, but I've been happy with front line D line the past couple of weeks.

The safeties and linebackers other than Fred are our Achilles' heel. Hope that we find a solution somehow. Because the offense can win you things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Solak you goonie.

After a very quick second look, he did not throw it blind as I had previously thought, and he was reading the weak linebacker low.  He knows it's cover 2 when he makes the throw.  I think he had confidence in Deebo and his arm.  When Deebo reached the point of the catch, his body was fully under control.  The Safety was flying with his hair on fire.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it's weird. 

And maybe I'm crazy, but from what I can tell, Deebo is 100% not the first read on this play, right? Like, he clearly goes to his left in the progression? Then has to slide right to create a window / passing lane.  So yeah, I get that the pass was "late" into the dropback, but I don't think that should be a knock on purdy, it's just the timing of the play. As @JIllg said, maybe you can make an argument that you're bordering on just a crazy throw there because you were right at the very end of that timing window and that could have been a disaster 

Yeah, Deebo was likely wasn't the first option on that one. But I have to see it from another angle. Either way, there is no way Ben should have been that mad about that play lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Probably a sprained AC joint and he will be questionable for the Chiefs game. 

He's probably had two good runs all season. There is HUGE drop off between Mason and Guerendo. 

• Like 4

Even with the extra rest, I don't think it is a lock at all that Mason can go against the Chiefs. That sprained AC joint can go either way, especially for such a physical runner in Mason. That's going to put the team in a tough hole. Guerendo/Taylor/Breida are as mid as it gets...and even that is probably overstating it. 

Just better to assume we lose next week and hope we beat the Cowboys to go to the bye week at 4-4 lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even with the extra rest, I don't think it is a lock at all that Mason can go against the Chiefs. That sprained AC joint can go either way, especially for such a physical runner in Mason. That's going to put the team in a tough hole. Guerendo/Taylor/Breida are as mid as it gets...and even that is probably overstating it. 

Just better to assume we lose next week and hope we beat the Cowboys to go to the bye week at 4-4 lol. 

Hey, Guerendo is the big man version of Breida - success rate of 5%, 50 yard play rate of 5%, let's get em.

• Like 1

What a guy man lol.

Never have we seen a bigger cheerleader who was the beat of a team in decades. Even Skip Bayless who is a DIE hard Cowboys fans still knew his job and would be critical of the team. 

This is honestly sad.

This is not normal lol.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What a guy man lol.

Never have we seen a bigger cheerleader who was the beat of a team in decades. Even Skip Bayless who is a DIE hard Cowboys fans still knew his job and would be critical of the team. 

This is honestly sad.

This is not normal lol.

Yeah, David Lombardi makes me sad, lol. The Grant Cohn thing is the sort of thing every team will have. The very aggressive immediate gut overreaction guy that is a touch overcritical and looking to ride the current popular narrative to clicks. Lombardi is weirdo doublespeak stupidity. And I don't think he is capable of independent thought, even id level initial gut reaction with no nuance independent thought.

Just now, JIllg said:

Yeah, David Lombardi makes me sad, lol. The Grant Cohn thing is the sort of thing every team will have. The very aggressive immediate gut overreaction guy that is a touch overcritical and looking to ride the current popular narrative to clicks. Lombardi is weirdo doublespeak stupidity. And I don't think he is capable of independent thought, even id level initial gut reaction with no nuance independent thought.

It's bad enough that he is a cheerleader, but he legitimately once said something to the extent of, "I have literally been right about everything" 🤣....So yesterday he said Shanahan had a "what the heck challenge" and then later deleted the tweet when he realized it was the correct call and the refs just missed it....But like why delete the tweet? Just leave it up and respond to it saying maybe it wasn't a bad challenge after all. The ego he has is unmatched. 

Grant's issue is he wants to have too many hot takes and then goes against what he said a few weeks later. It works to drive traffic to his channel but you lose some credibility when you do that. I want someone that is critical of the team and makes you think of their opinion whether you agree or disagree. But not just all hot takes because then the good thoughts you have is overshadowed. 

Kyle Posey does the best job of being objective and having criticism for Shanahan. 

• Like 2