The good, the bad, the ugly vs Steelers

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Are we really saying the Raiders should have added more depth to a receiving group that had Adams, Meyers, Tucker, Mayer and Bowers? Who could have predicted that Adams would bail, Meyers would get injured and that Mayer would have mental health issues? Exactly zero front offices would have poured more resources into those spots. 

As for Jacobs, what exactly has he done in GB? He’s basically a backup for them getting very few carries. Whose to say he’d actually do something for this team. 

This isn’t a defense for the ineptitude of the coaching staff or front office. I’d love to see them replaced. 

The receiving group is adams, Kobi, tre, dj turner am I missing someone. and we learned last year or wr depth sucked when Kobi and adams caught concussions. Basically no good sized wr left after them. And telesco was satisfied with that.

te group bowers, Mike, other guy from clev no issues there 

rb group is zues, matty, old af Abdullah and lube. Really just a group of misfits.

Qb group of gard, aoc and Gus bradley kid. Again telesco satisfied with that to open the season.

you can’t even win with this offense in a video game 

other than te group this team was constructed to fail on offense and surprise surprise 

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's not a pro though. He's a highly paid punk who wouldn't last a day outside of the world of sports. 

Like Adams and Pierce, I'm over his bs. Dude needs to eat a couple servings of humble pie. 

Funny, I was just thinking after watching a few of his pod cast episodes that they’re good, but there always seems to be a loaded question or two posed by his fellow hosts aimed praise Maxx. I love the guy but maybe, just maybe he needs someone to keep him a little grounded. He’s probably the least of our worries really but I can totally see your point!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

The main problem with the Chargers was always, the coaching.
Every offseason there was some buzz that the Chargers built together a good roster, and that they could finally put it all together and then came again the huge letdown.

Now with Harbaugh the Chargers look like a contender - and it's not like that they have a complete new roster.

However, although I don't know who had the final say in LA regarding the HC position, I don't have a good feeling with Telesco picking a HC if we fire AP.
(I think AP gets a second season anyway - without Getsy)

The Chargers also dealt with a ton of injuries and never really had great depth because Telesco drafted poorly in the middle / late rounds. 

They actually look better this year despite dumping all of their weapons on offense. 

I've heard that the Chargers owners have been notoriously cheap when it comes to paying coaches which limited their potential hiring pool. I also don't think he will have the final say in hiring a head coach here either. He will have some input but ultimately Mark will hire who he wants, IMO. 

My only concern with that is let's say we draft a young QB, do we really want him to come into his rookie season with a coach that's on the hot seat? For one I think that means they'd force him into action even if he isn't ready and/or our supporting cast is meh. And secondly if we disappoint again next year do you really want the rookie QB to have to go through that and then play for a staff that didn't draft him?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

We better pray to Allah that Brady has some say and has some sense in hiring coaches

Yep, you can probably add in Zeus, Vishnu, Poseidon, Jehovah, Athena, Shiva and heck, maybe even Nike 🙂 

We need all the help we can get!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

RB? Yes, yes I do. Poor Laube, but JFC. (Sorry again Nick).

WR what's the point? You're bringing a guy in off the street who doesn't know the offense. It's not like we knew Meyers would be out until a few days ago. Michael Thomas sure isn't winning us this game let alone making us legitimate

Rb brieda and tay train are instant threats to start with this group 

wr Corey Davis and claypool instant depth with Corey pushing to start

Plus they won’t cost much

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

other than te group this team was constructed to fail on offense and surprise surprise 

They also completely ignored the OL in free agency outside of extending Andre James. 

Our biggest issue offensively is that we can't run the ball. If we had an even average run game for Minshew/AOC to lean on I think the offense would be okay and it would help the defense as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rb brieda and tay train are instant threats to start with this group 

wr Corey Davis and claypool instant depth with Corey pushing to start

Plus they won’t cost much

The fact that we're talking about Matt Breida and Chase Claypool as guys that could save the offense in week 6 is insane

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Mark gave him a ton of assurance with his job security and that's why they went ultra conservative with their moves after they realized they weren't going to acquire a QB upgrade. 

I can't remember who reported it but I vividly remember hearing that Telesco got the job because Mark loved his plan at QB. But ultimately I think it came down to the fact that Mark didn't want a first time GM with a first time HC. 

This makes sense to me, I think we’re viewing this long term. Hope so anyway.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that we're talking about Matt Breida and Chase Claypool as guys that could save the offense in week 6 is insane

The fact we’re depending on lube and Abdullah and Wilkerson and Bachman to get the offense going in week 6 is disgusting and embarrassing for a nfl franchise. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Funny, I was just thinking after watching a few of his pod cast episodes that they’re good, but there always seems to be a loaded question or two posed by his fellow hosts aimed praise Maxx. I love the guy but maybe, just maybe he needs someone to keep him a little grounded. He’s probably the least of our worries really but I can totally see your point!

I know Maxx says all of the right things and I do think that he genuinely loves being a Raider. But if this season goes off the rails, I do wonder how much longer that's going to last. He'll be 28 at the start of next season and he's only under contract for two more years here. Does he really want to commit to spending the prime of his career here in another half a'd rebuild attempt?

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This makes sense to me, I think we’re viewing this long term. Hope so anyway.

I don't think you decide to sit on $30M in cap space, make minimal additions in free agency, and pass on drafting a QB unless you're pretty confident you will get time to build the roster out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Chargers also dealt with a ton of injuries and never really had great depth because Telesco drafted poorly in the middle / late rounds. 

They actually look better this year despite dumping all of their weapons on offense. 

I've heard that the Chargers owners have been notoriously cheap when it comes to paying coaches which limited their potential hiring pool. I also don't think he will have the final say in hiring a head coach here either. He will have some input but ultimately Mark will hire who he wants, IMO. 

My only concern with that is let's say we draft a young QB, do we really want him to come into his rookie season with a coach that's on the hot seat? For one I think that means they'd force him into action even if he isn't ready and/or our supporting cast is meh. And secondly if we disappoint again next year do you really want the rookie QB to have to go through that and then play for a staff that didn't draft him?

I mean, injuries happen, that's unlucky - but if injuries happen more often than in other teams, then there must be a reason. bad training facilities or false training intensity throughout the season.

well as said before, i don't know how things work in LA - maybe it is like you said. But I agree that Mark will ultimately hire the HC, which gives me about the same amount of concerns as if Telesco would.

I don't think it is a problem if we draft a young QB and then fire the HC - I think in more often than not a HC has to work with the QB that's already there. And it shouldn't be a surprise for him when he signs a contract, that he has to deal with the young quaterback.
Personally I wouldn rule out hiring a HC that doesn't want said young Rookie, but he has to have good arguments why.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. Which is a plan I'd expect from an armchair QB with the brain capacity of a sponge, not an NFL GM. 

He thought another Herbert would fall into his lap and got caught this time with his pants down. 

Maybe I’m giving them too much credit, but if I was an owner I’d want to know what the plan was if they couldn’t get their guy in the immediate draft. What is the plan moving forward, the 2025 draft, bridge QBs, and I fear the plan may be the Sanders clown show 😞

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The fact we’re depending on lube and Abdullah and Wilkerson and Bachman to get the offense going in week 6 is disgusting and embarrassing for a nfl franchise. 

I had some hope for Laube as our poor man's CMC, lol. I don't even think it really matters though at this point, our OL is terrible and we won't be able to establish the run so our offense is gonna suck.