2025 Titans QB Situation

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Wrap up the night checking out Beck and Ewers. 

Most college football I've watched in probably 10 years so I can watch the QBs. Only wanted to watch the QBs. Watched 4th quarter of Miami, most of the Tennessee-Alabama game and now watching UT-Georgia.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Most college football I've watched in probably 10 years so I can watch the QBs. Only wanted to watch the QBs. Watched 4th quarter of Miami, most of the Tennessee-Alabama game and now watching UT-Georgia.

First time in a long time or maybe ever I watched games all day. 

Saw Ward. Then Milroe and Sanders. 

Now flipping between Nussmeier/LSU, Beck/Ewers. 

It'll be interesting to see how we decide if we get the choice between Sanders and Ward. I think based off of what I've seen so far Sanders probably fits Cally's system better, but then there's a lot of the questions about his personality/his dad. How much would that factor in if at all? Would he even be cool coming to play here? Hopefully all that stuff is a non-factor that's just been blow out of proportion by the media, but I'm sure if that is a real situation that could sway us more towards Cam Ward. 

I think Cam might have more of an "it" factor to his game that I'd be more drawn to personally. I need to dive in more once the season is over, but just off of a couple games watched of each, I think Cam may have more upside. I just really like the calmness that he plays with in and out of the pocket. It's not always pretty, but he just seems to make things happen more when plays get off schedule. I'm sure our resident Miami guys here can give a more complete picture of Cam, but from what I've seen so far, I'd be pretty comfortable with him at the helm for us going forward.

Just now, SerenityNow said:

It'll be interesting to see how we decide if we get the choice between Sanders and Ward. I think based off of what I've seen so far Sanders probably fits Cally's system better, but then there's a lot of the questions about his personality/his dad. How much would that factor in if at all? Would he even be cool coming to play here? Hopefully all that stuff is a non-factor that's just been blow out of proportion by the media, but I'm sure if that is a real situation that could sway us more towards Cam Ward. 

I think Cam might have more of an "it" factor to his game that I'd be more drawn to personally. I need to dive in more once the season is over, but just off of a couple games watched of each, I think Cam may have more upside. I just really like the calmness that he plays with in and out of the pocket. It's not always pretty, but he just seems to make things happen more when plays get off schedule. I'm sure our resident Miami guys here can give a more complete picture of Cam, but from what I've seen so far, I'd be pretty comfortable with him at the helm for us going forward.

there's no question that cam is the higher-ceiling player from a purely physical standpoint. his arm, mobility, and creative ability are all on a different level from sanders. like you, i am drawn to his intangibles and "it" factor. he's a DAWG. a true leader who will be able to take command anywhere he goes from day one. his confidence and composure are off the charts. he's also one of those guys who just seems to have preternatural field vision and when you really really need a bucket, he's got you. when i see those things i'm like, man, i'd hate to bet against this guy....but at the same time, there are basic nfl things that he's going to have to learn to do. he's an air raid guy through and through and will need to improve a lot at the timing/structure things that are so important in nfl offenses. i worry about his mechanics (and corresponding accuracy) and ability to consistently play in structure. in many ways he's not a dissimilar eval to malik willis, though he's definitely not starting as far behind as malik did and has flashed the ability to operate within timing and structure at a high level. but he's definitely a projection in terms of what he'll need to be in the nfl- there's no two ways about that.

• Like 1