2025 Titans QB Situation

KingTitan

So about Sanders. 

I've been digging. I've found that Titans have had scouts at Colorado practice the last week or so and they were at Colorado/Arizona. I'm not sure how many NFL players are there on Colorado. But I'd think between Sanders and Hunter it might not be many worth a personal trip and then attendance to the game. 

I heard there is a part in an interview with Sanders on Shannon and Ochoa night cap, that he said Titans were intriguing as a place for Sheduer due to Levis not having it. 

He ruled out Browns and Panthers. 

I don't think he'd veto being here in TN. 

But the fact that it's a legit thing to be talked about is a turn off. But I don't care. I want Sheduer here. 

Reasons why Sanders is my QB1 right now. Not saying Ward or anyone else doesn't do any of this. But I love how Sanders does it. 

1. I love the anticipation Sanders throws with. He appears to see the defense well and understands the workings of a defense. 

2. The passes he throws seem so catchable. I rarely see the receiver have to adjust on the passes, especially on crossing or over the middle. 

3. He has mobility but not a big runner. It's not something a team really game plans on and it makes it that much more deadly. Someone like Milroe. You go into the game saying let's stop him from running. With someone like Sanders. You don't do that and then he hits you with one of those Mahomes/Burrows scrambles that kill your defense. 

4. Selfishly I think Sanders is the bigger star. He would bring more eyes and attention to a starved franchise. 

5. He has the pro DNA. Good or bad Deion has been in his ear since he was small grooming him and exposing him to the pro game. He has pro OC. Not a gimmick offense. True nuff Pro style offense. 

6. Similar to Ward he dominated on a lower level. And carried that over to the highest level. 

7.  Sanders just doesn't turn the ball over. Had 3 Ints last year to 27 TDS. At Jackson State. 40 tds to 6 INTs. 

This year few more than ever 19 to 6. But last week I think they said it's first ever multi int game? And one of the Ints was popped in the air off a DL? 

8. Big game/ late game heroics. With a poor line and questionable defense at times. He has led multiple game winning drives. 

9. Converting and keeping drives alive. 

Last year at one point He lead the nation in passing yards on third down, having completed 23 of 32 attempts for 310 yards, three touchdowns, one interception and 15 first downs. The completions, yards and first downs all lead the nation.

10. Sheduer is mechanical sound from top to bottom. He does hold the ball too long at times but mechanical he always seems to have a good base and in position to throw an accurate pass. 

Just a few things I love bout him as a prospect. 

I'm sure someone can point to Ward and say similar if not exact things and more. 

I'm not arguing about who is better. I think they both are worthy of the conversation. But I prefer Sanders head and shoulders. 

Edited by KingTitan

Milroe, to me, is looking very similar to Richardson as a prospect.  Richardson had that Utah game where he looked like a number 1 overall pick, but then just had multiple mulligan games.  Milroe had Georgia, where he showed everything you'd want to see, and went for like five games with only two INTs, both of which were balls that were tipped by the receiver.  But then he's had a stretch of bad games, culminating with Tennessee, where he was just plain awful.

But that's Milroe.  He has elite tools, and he has the ability to develop, but he's not finished, and after these last few games, he looks less finished than he did a few weeks back.  He needs a lot of seasoning.  I like the tools, I worry about this organization's ability to utilize them.

But looking at the draft order now, it's hard not to see Ward and Sanders going 2 and 3.  Then at 4, we either swing for one, or we take what, McMillain?  Burden?  An Edge?

56 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

NFL Mock Draft 2025: Defensive Stars Rising

We take Milroe at #4 overall and Ward and Sanders went 2 and 3.

Yuck. Just punt on this team until 2027 if that is the case. I have no faith at the moment in Milroe. Then of course he'll turn into some superstar..lol

I think this could be a likely scenario, where we are in 4th and we miss out on the top 2. In that case I would really love if we didn't force the issue. Get the best of OT/WR/EDGE.

45 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think OT is acceptable in this draft if we trade out. Even then probably prefer one in the second round.

I have no problem with OT.  It's one of our biggest needs.  I have a problem with one specific OT who isn't very good.

• Like 1