Week 7 GDT Eagles vs Gmen @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

Well @Shockwave... your fairytale winning streak has come to an end. I have to bless us with a new hope.. if i can LOL... This game coming up is our season. Simple as that, if we fall to 2-5, there is just about no chance of us making a playoff run. The Commanders are showing us what a good QB can do to your team. The Bengals showed us what a good QB can do for your team. The Texans are showing what a good QB can do for your team. What do they all have in common.. they had all the pieces in place with the exception of a QB. Until now. I say this because in our game last Sunday night, a good QB on our team would have won us that game. If Jones loses this one, they are gonna have to start exploring options as to who is the best QB for us to put on the field. I feel this is the game that Daboll has to make changes afterward if things go south. 

With that said, the birds come in feeling pretty good about themselves after beating a truly pathetic Browns team. They have Smith and Brown back which poses a major threat to us. Every time we play these guys, it seems to me that our biggest problem is with their TEs'. Dallas Goedert is a very good TE who seems to know how to get open against us. We did an outstanding job last weekend taking Ja'Marr Chase and for the most part Tee Higgins out of the equation. We'll need the secondary to step up big again this week as well. Saquon is gonna be Saquon. He knows us better than anyone. Run defense has to be on top of their games and seal those edges so he cannot get outside.

The best i can say here is Daniel Jones needs Malik Nabers in the worst way this coming weekend. Nabers is the X factor for us when he plays. The Eagles defense is still pretty stout up front with Sweat, Carter, Graham and Williams. Our oline has to be up to par. We likely wont have Andrew Thomas this weekend, so this is a major problem for us. DJ's blindside is about to get rocked if he cant use his legs this weekend. Even with that Jones is the one i feel will limit us in this one. 

The Eagles are just not the same team i remember from 2 years ago when they were just destroying teams. They are hollow and are very hit or miss. They don't seem to have the same killer instinct they would normally have. But we just aren't good enough to keep up with them. We have a very and i mean very slim chance to beat them if our defense can play lights out. But the way our offense is, we just are not gonna go very far with a QB who just overall isnt good enough to win us games carrying this team on his back. Cant see us beating them 

Eagles 27 - Giants 14 

Edited by Giants4eva

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Sucks the Birds are getting healthy right when we are starting to get riddled with injuries. I need to see if Thomas, Nabers, Pinnock, and Singletary are good to go before I make a prediction. 

We got our WR's back but looks like Mailata is going to be out a bit so we also will be playing a backup LT.

10 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I heard Becton may be moved out there? Any truth or going with Fred Johnson?

I'd guess Fred Johnson. He played fine filling in for Lane. Obviously a backup so a large step down for what has been a great year for Mailata, but not bad enough to shuffle the entire OL imo. 

Still haven't heard much on Goedert as well which might be a good thing? Hard to say. His backup Calcaterra is a solid threat catching the football, but we lose a lot of power in line blocking without Dallas.

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

@Giants4eva you didn't read the instructions. Permission was granted to whoever could guarantee a V over the birds. You over here predicting we get destroyed. Delete this thread and let us hopeful fools bask in our misplaced optimism... 

We haven't destroyed anyone in a calendar year. The Eagles way under Sirianni is to statistically play well while simultaneously making every back breaking play possible to keep the opponent in it. You should be safe there.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

12 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We haven't destroyed anyone in a calendar year. The Eagles way under Sirianni is to statistically play well while simultaneously making every back breaking play possible to keep the opponent in it. You should be safe there.

I know...this is the one year you guys seemed vulnerable for enacting some revenge. But now with AJ and Smith healthy, Thomas down, Nabers still hasn't progressed, Danny back into suck mode... stars are not aligning. Are they going to go with Neal at LT, Ezeudu... move Eluemunor over there (I'm very against this).. But the way both Defenses have been playing this could be a good old defensive slugfest. 

16 hours ago, Shockwave said:

@Giants4eva you didn't read the instructions. Permission was granted to whoever could guarantee a V over the birds. You over here predicting we get destroyed. Delete this thread and let us hopeful fools bask in our misplaced optimism... 

Nah, im doing my part. I predict we lose, we usually win LOL

• Like 1

PlayerInjuryStatus

OLB Brian BurnsGroinDNP

P Jamie GillanHamstringDNP

DL Dexter LawrenceHipDNP

OT Andrew ThomasFootDNP

WR Bryce Ford-WheatonShoulderLP

WR Malik NabersConcussionLP

WR Wan'Dale RobinsonFootLP

RB Devin SingletaryGroinLP

WR Darius SlaytonGroinLP

LB Ty SummersHamstringLP

How quickly "we are relatively healthy" can turn into total chaos...

I would love nothing more than to beat the Eagles on Sunday and be the team that forces their hand to fire Sirianni, but they are going to woop us this weekend. I've got no faith in DJ. He's the same as he's always been, at that means at home, against division rivals not named Washington, he's going to shrink. Maybe we score double digits this week is Nabers is back.

Eagles 27-Giants 10

• Like 1