Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

14 minutes ago, What_The_Buc said:

I have a feeling Gaines and Jensen will be Bucs which is why we haven’t heard to much about them.

even saw someone write Jensen on twitter telling him we want him in Tampa and his dad “liked” it

I agree. The players I think we actually make a run at have not been mentioned, which at the very least is positive for Bucs fans wanting them. Hopefully the contracts aren’t insane.

If Jenson can be a 10-15 C in the NFL and Marpet can be a top 5 G, I’m good with that. I think having a top G and good C is far more impactful than the inverse. And who knows, we still may draft a G in the first 2 rounds.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I agree. The players I think we actually make a run at have not been mentioned, which at the very least is positive for Bucs fans wanting them. Hopefully the contracts aren’t insane.

If Jenson can be a 10-15 C in the NFL and Marpet can be a top 5 G, I’m good with that. I think having a top G and good C is far more impactful than the inverse. And who knows, we still may draft a G in the first 2 rounds.

I wouldn't mind kicking Benenoch inside to LG.  He was an effective run blocker at RT, who got exposed getting beat around the corner.  Moving Marpet to RG would allow Jensen to slide and help Benenoch at LG.  I would draft an interior olinemen in day 3.

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wouldn't mind kicking Benenoch inside to LG.  He was an effective run blocker at RT, who got exposed getting beat around the corner.  Moving Marpet to RG would allow Jensen to slide and help Benenoch at LG.  I would draft an interior olinemen in day 3.

I could dig it. Gotta give these guys a chance and if he weakness was T then he could be solid at G with us sliding the protection. But on a deep OL draft, as you said, we should still draft someone. I’d say 4th or 5th at the latest.

HELL NO at Benenoch starting at LG. Man if we don’t stop playing and go get some body ready to play with the big boys right now. Aint no time to be developing and hoping under Jason Licht. All it takes is one bad cookie to ruin a potentially good unit. We sign a C cool, but I would not wait until day 3 for a LG. We already have a day 3 guard talent in Bene. Braden Smith in round 3 please

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

For $6-7M, I'm fine with that.

But that means we're gonna have to settle on a Burkhead or Woodhead. Which kinda sucks.

I would have interest in Kenyon Barner, he will cost very little and help in the return game, which has been lacking since Peanut Smith.  I am concerned with his fumbles last year tough.  I'm assuming McKinnon is going to SF, which means Hyde is out there.  He s a body I guess.  The way Koetter values pass blocking picking 2 Tbs in the draft would be a waste of an asset, IMO.

Archived