FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

What?

One of Jaguars Blogs suggests he should be tagged as non exclusive franchise player.  We will see.  non franchise tag price usually is cheaper than exclusive franhise tag due to a different formula.

You think Jaguars won't trade him anyway so you suggest it would be an exclusive f-tag.  Because if it is non exclusive franchise tag then Jaguars couldn't be able to match the offer sheet and therefore they trade him away.

Jaguars want one year contract with incentives for Robinson so who knows.

Just now, JetsandI said:

One of Jaguars Blogs suggests he should be tagged as non exclusive franchise player.  We will see.  non franchise tag price usually is cheaper than exclusive franhise tag due to a different formula.

You think Jaguars won't trade him anyway so you suggest it would be an exclusive f-tag.  Because if it is non exclusive franchise tag then Jaguars couldn't be able to match the offer sheet and therefore they trade him away.

Jaguars want one year contract with incentives for Robinson so who knows.

If the Jags don't match on a non-exclusive, they get two firsts.  They'd trade him for two firsts, but nobody would trade two firsts for him.

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

If the Jags don't match on a non-exclusive, they get two firsts.  They'd trade him for two firsts, but nobody would trade two firsts for him.

If Robinson got the deal before the deadline (a week prior to the draft) then Jaguars would got 2 first round picks automatically.  After the deadline, anything that satisfies Jaguars.

Edited by JetsandI

6 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

It's probably him or Joyner for that team, which is good for us. From them I rather Johnson or Robey-Coleman.

Joyner listed as S or CB?   S is cheaper than CB.

edit... he is a S

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/02/20/franchise-tag-player-options-all-32-nfl-teams/356882002/

Edited by JetsandI

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Joyner listed as S or CB?   S is cheaper than CB.

Watkins would cost 16 million, but offers a potential game breaking WR for Goff.

Joyner at S would cost 11 million, graded out as the third best S according to PFF.

Tag Joyner and re-sign Watkins is their best course of action.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Landry getting tagged? That’s interesting. Love him as a player, would be nice to see him out of the division.

Ya I just don't see top WR from him. And that's what the market was going to be for him anyway. That's why I never really put him in what I want for the off season. Bc I knew he'd get top 5 WR money when he's not even a top 10 WR IMO. AR15 on the other hand I think can be a top WR. I'd have no issue with throwing cash at him. But I don't think Duval let him go.

8 hours ago, JetsandI said:

If Robinson got the deal before the deadline (a week prior to the draft) then Jaguars would got 2 first round picks automatically.  After the deadline, anything that satisfies Jaguars.

You can't tag someone after the deadline so they wouldn't get anything. Also, the deadline is before FA, not the draft. 

Edited by barnaby8787