FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ideally for me we get a #1 CB in the likes of Fuller, Gaines, Johnson or Butler and also grab Colvin for the slot. And then draft a guy in our 1st few picks to play on the outside.

So our starting secondary would be...

FA, Colvin, Rookie

Maye, Adams

We miss our in Cousins and why not sign 2 or 3 CBs if we don’t bring back Mo and cut Skrine? Imagine getting Butler, Fuller and Colvin.

Butler/Colvin could cost 16-20M total vs Johnson at 15-16M alone.

I'm for that.

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Butler/Colvin could cost 16-20M total vs Johnson at 15-16M alone.

I'm for that.

I think Butler, Johnson, Fuller and Gaines all get paid rather similar. Maybe a couple mill difference between them. Colvin, NRC, Breeland among others that will get a little less than them.

Realistically we could get 3 corners for about 35mill. It will be harder for us to get 3 to want to come here than pay them is the problem. We do offer good young safety help though.

I mean Johnson isn't going to get paid yearly what he made last year (he was the highest paid CB in the NFL). He will probably get something around 13mill/per. And that's what around the other3 main guys will get too (give or take a few mill per) When slot guys like Colvin and NRC wont command as much as that.

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I already move on from Cousins.  Keenan or Bridgewater. Whoever is cheaper to sign.

For the last 25 to 30 years we have had second tier QB's, no more of this garbage. If we don't get Cousins I want one of the young QB's in the draft. Going cheaper means another 5-11 season. If we do get one of the young QB's in the draft and he has to sit for a year till he learns the system that is fine with me. at least we got our QB of the future. This whole offseason was a quest to finally get our OB of the future. It seem to me some people would rather get a second tier QB and keep our sixth pick, we have to use that six pick to draft a QB, if we don't get Cousins.  

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

For the last 25 to 30 years we have had second tier QB's, no more of this garbage. If we don't get Cousins I want one of the young QB's in the draft. Going cheaper means another 5-11 season. If we do get one of the young QB's in the draft and he has to sit for a year till he learns the system that is fine with me. at least we got our QB of the future. This whole offseason was a quest to finally get our OB of the future. It seem to me some people would rather get a second tier QB and keep our sixth pick, we have to use that six pick to draft a QB, if we don't get Cousins.  

Jets got second tier qb because of Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg.  Now, Jets have reconsidered the qb situation.  I only want an experienced starter that may play 2 or 3 years because I have no idea which young qb can win Bowles' trust. 

If we miss out on Cousins... I’m torn on what I’d rather.

Bridgewater and a 2nd or 3rd Round QB like Faulk.

or draft a guy at 6 and resign McCown.

I lean toward Bridgewater. Reason being is that situation actually gives us 2 potential franchise QBs. Where as option 2 is putting all of our eggs in 1 basket.

16 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I already move on from Cousins.  Keenan or Bridgewater. Whoever is cheaper to sign.

Minny getting into the Cousins sweepstakes was a game changer. I thought we were the favorites before that.

Bridgerwater will be cheaper than Keenum. I could see Keenum getting something like 3 years at $18 mil per year. And Bridgewater getting 1 year for $12 mil.

I've moved on as well. Give me Bridgewater and Rosen or Mayfield at 6.

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Minny getting into the Cousins sweepstakes was a game changer. I thought we were the favorites before that.

Bridgerwater will be cheaper than Keenum. I could see Keenum getting something like 3 years at $18 mil per year. And Bridgewater getting 1 year for $12 mil.

I've moved on as well. Give me Bridgewater and Rosen or Mayfield at 6.

I think your projection for Keenum is a bargain.  He played well last year and could fit in Bates' offense like a glove. Bridgewater has yet to play full game for 2 years.  If 12m for one season contract is on the table, I think I rather Josh McCown.

Keenum has Fitz written all over him. Someone will overpay him for a good year and will be tricked. That tena just better not be us. I actually think we are in the thinking of going hard after Cousins if we miss on him turn attention to Teddy (bc he’s young and has upside) and/or the draft. I can’t see us doing the older average vet thing again without something promising waiting.

7 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

I honestly dont get the love for Teddy B, rather McCown and a top rookie. 

It's mostly because of upside and the fact that he will likely only get a 1 year deal. Both are going to get 1 year deal. That's unless McCown retires. So, might as well go with the higher upside guy. 

I don't think anyone just wants Teddy. It's Teddy and a top rookie vs. McCown and a top rookie.

Edited by SDotNova