FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

I'm cool with Landry off the market, think he's wayyy overrated. Rather go after Guys like Matthews, Lee, Richardson, Campanaro, and Thompson. I'm 50/50 on Watkins, has a ton of upside and talent but struggles with injuries and has been inconsistent. If Robinson makes it to FA I'd definitely go for him but I really doubt he reaches.

17 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Pernell McPhee was cut.  Not my top choice for an edge, but if he'd come relatively cheap on a one year deal while we eased a rookie in, it wouldn't be the worst move.

Not a terrible idea.  What do you think Attoachu (sp? to lazy to look up if that is correct) is getting on the open market.  Still has upside and may come cheap.  Could be a low risk high reward signing.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not a terrible idea.  What do you think Attoachu (sp? to lazy to look up if that is correct) is getting on the open market.  Still has upside and may come cheap.  Could be a low risk high reward signing.

Another one that could be good.  Same with Aaron Lynch.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I prefer Attoachu. Jenkins is an edge setter. I think we need speed of the other side. Attoachu offers that when McPhee doesn’t really. Attoachu is also 4 years younger.

Cousins is going to take his 4 or 5 visits to teams starting the 12th. We should full on not wait at all for him. Go hard after young pieces as if he isn’t even part of our plan. I think that’s the best way to get him. Upgrading the roster so he sees we mean business on improving this team and that we want him to be a part of it. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cousins is going to take his 4 or 5 visits to teams starting the 12th. We should full on not wait at all for him. Go hard after young pieces as if he isn’t even part of our plan. I think that’s the best way to get him. Upgrading the roster so he sees we mean business on improving this team and that we want him to be a part of it. 

I agree.  The QB market won't dry up fast anyway and we always have McCown to fall back on.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not high on my list. Dude if flat out slow for a CB. He has success bc he’s a warrior. But will he be that once he’s paid?

He's an excellent Zone CB but he struggles in Man to Man which is what we primarily run so I don't really want him.

26 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Definitely slow, but i'd still take him.  Still a solid #1 CB.  

He wasn't last year.  PFF had him as the 51st rated CB in the league.  Unless we get a good deal I am not a fan of this.  CB is one of the strong positions in this FA class, why settle for the 5th or 6th guy?

I regards to Cousins, now that the Vikings are in on him i really think that is where he ends up, it just makes to much sense.  I wouldn't be opposed to take a crack at Teddy Two Gloves once he is officially a FA.  He is still 25 and should be fully recovered.  We sign him to a 1 year prove it deal and still draft a QB in the 1st.  Give ourselves 2 young options who can potentially turn into the guy.