FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Imagine the carnage in here if we somehow signed Drew Brees later today ?

Carnage as in "what in the world are we doing?" I would suspect.  What are we going to do with Drew Brees for 1-2 years?  I would not be happy.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Can’t see Minnesota offering much more between the 25-30 range. I don’t think he can turn us down with a fully guaranteed deal for 3 yrs 35per. Not sure we are offering that though.

I think Minny is definitely that other team

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Absolutely. But inthinkntheybwikl refuse to pay much more than around 25-30 for him. We can price them out easily. I just don’t know if money is what Cousins 100% cares about in all of this. 

18 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I can’t tell if this is serious or not 

100% serious.  Why would Brees come here when he has a talented team ready to complete in NO and what are we going to do with him for 1 maybe 2 years before he retires.  Are we going to load up for 2 seasons for a superbowl run and then what be back to square one?

If we drafted a QB at 6 sure then as the stopgap I'd be fine but if we signed Brees and didn't draft a QB I would not be happy.  

Edited by Rockice_8

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

It sure looks like it. That has been the big rumor on most of the Football sites this past weekend. A month age I though we had a fair shot of getting Cousins, not any more.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

100% serious.  Why would Brees come here when he has a talented team ready to complete in NO and what are we going to do with him for 1 maybe 2 years before he retires.  Are we going to load up for 2 seasons for a superbowl run and then what be back to square one?

This doesn't make sense, man!

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This doesn't make sense, man!

I edited my post to say if we still draft a QB at 6 then I'm all for it but if it's to load up for 1-2 run then it makes no sense.  He's a stopgap QB because of his age, you can't build around him long term.  We would still need to draft his replacement at 6 so in 1-2 years we can transition and continue to be successful.

Signing Brees and drafting a guy like Nelson/Fitzpatrick at 6 is a bad idea.  Need a successor being groomed.

Edited by Rockice_8