FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, Bobby816 said:

That’s like saying Kerley is better than David Nelson. The better option is still not good.

Richburg is a solid starting center.  He has injury issues, but consistently grades out as one of the better pass protecting centers in the league.  You guys are going to drive yourselves insane.  You said it yesterday, we weren't getting AR without a QB.  16 mil for Watkins is pure insanity.  We weren't getting Norwell as well.  Nothing else has happened, unless you wanted Keenum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Guys, relax.  Realistically, we knew we were longshots for Robinson, definitely did not want to pay Watkins 16 mil, weren't getting Norwell, and there's a good chance we don't get Cousins.  We knew this coming in.  Let's not act like we're the most desired spot in football.  Only a few guys have committed to signing.  Panic when we literally aren't landing a single guy and it's like day 5 of FA.

We needed either A-Rob or Watkins

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Richburg is a solid starting center.  He has injury issues, but consistently grades out as one of the better pass protecting centers in the league.  You guys are going to drive yourselves insane.  You said it yesterday, we weren't getting AR without a QB.  16 mil for Watkins is pure insanity.  We weren't getting Norwell as well.  Nothing else has happened, unless you wanted Keenum.

Absolutely I never thought we’d get Norwell but I was still hoping for AR15. I thought we’d be in it bc if money. Not sure if we even had an offer out there for him. While I agree that Watkins isn’t worth that contract... we shouldn’t be losing guys bc if money. Once again I don’t even know if we had an offer out there for him. The big part of it is that getting talent on offense I think was our only way of getting Cousins. Every option left us not exactly selling points to get him here. So I’m already orpeoaring for Cousins to choose Minnesota. So what does that leave us to get better on offense? After all that’s where we fall short every year for the last few decades. And there’s no one. It’s once again tier 3 guys. Are the upgraded? Ya sure but still no difference makers. Same old story. We draft a QB Round 1 and who’s he throwing to? Broken neck Enunwa and suspended Robby?

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

It wasn't happening without a QB for AR or throwing more than 16 mil at Watkins, who's not worth that.  KC will regret that contract.

No they won't

They have Patrick Mahomes on a rookie deal for the next 5 years

That was perfect for them and I'm not a Sammy fan

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely I never thought we’d get Norwell but I was still hoping for AR15. I thought we’d be in it bc if money. Not sure if we even had an offer out there for him. While I agree that Watkins isn’t worth that contract... we shouldn’t be losing guys bc if money. Once again I don’t even know if we had an offer out there for him. The big part of it is that getting talent on offense I think was our only way of getting Cousins. Every option left us not exactly selling points to get him here. So I’m already orpeoaring for Cousins to choose Minnesota. So what does that leave us to get better on offense? After all that’s where we fall short every year for the last few decades. And there’s no one. It’s once again tier 3 guys. Are the upgraded? Ya sure but still no difference makers. Same old story. We draft a QB Round 1 and who’s he throwing to? Broken neck Enunwa and suspended Robby?

You lose because of money when the contract is nuts. 16 mil for Watkins who is never healthy is nuts IMO. Most reports are agreeing with that.  We have he draft and 92 mil to spend. There is plenty of talent left. Let’s all vent if we haven’t made progress in three days. It’s still early. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes we should.  We should not be overpaying mediocre players just because they are young.  Still have to be smart even with 90M to spend.  We aren't going from 4 wins to the superbowl in one season.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

You lose because of money when the contract is nuts. 16 mil for Watkins who is never healthy is nuts IMO. Most reports are agreeing with that.  We have he draft and 92 mil to spend. There is plenty of talent left. Let’s all vent if we haven’t made progress in three days. It’s still early. 

If we miss out on Cousins I’m 50/50 on if we trade up for a QB. Makingbus have less draft picks. Therefor making it harder to add difference makers. This offense is starving for difference makers.