FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

4 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

No they won't

They have Patrick Mahomes on a rookie deal for the next 5 years

That was perfect for them and I'm not a Sammy fan

But everyone here wants to pay Cousins 35M and Watkins 16M.  We don't have that luxury.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we miss out on Cousins I’m 50/50 on if we trade up for a QB. Makingbus have less draft picks. Therefor making it harder to add difference makers. This offense is starving for difference makers.

I'm not arguing that, but we can still find them

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

He's 24

And no, like a lot of us have been saying, it's okay to overpay sometimes

They're investing in their QB

Smart

It's okay to overpay when you're smart.  He's one of the most overrated receivers in football and is never healthy.  Trust me, we'd be complaining more if we gave Watkins that money.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s what I highly doubt. Macc has found 0 in 3 drafts and FA periods.

Robby is a difference maker.  He's just an idiot.  And I rarely defend Mac, but he's one.  Won't argue otherwise.  Either way, we're going to drive ourselves insane.  Let's see what happens over the next few days.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

It's okay to overpay when you're smart.  He's one of the most overrated receivers in football and is never healthy.  Trust me, we'd be complaining more if we gave Watkins that money.

I disagree but I respect your opinion

A team like us needs to bet on talent

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

You could argue Robbie is better at this point.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

It’s all relative man. Is Baker Mayfield worth the 6th pick, 37th pick and maybe more (possibly even a 1st next year)? Absolutely not but you have to take chances. But a lot of oeoooe on here are all for a trade up. Is Watkins worth that money? No. But we have that money and big time need offensive talent. So it’s ok to overspend sometimes. Especially when you can’t draft worth a damn.

It’s all relative man. Is Baker Mayfield worth the 6th pick, 37th pick and maybe more (possibly even a 1st next year)? Absolutely not but you have to take chances. But a lot of oeoooe on here are all for a trade up. Is Watkins worth that money? No. But we have that money and big time need offensive talent. So it’s ok to overspend sometimes. Especially when you can’t draft worth a damn.

You have to overspend on the right guys though and IMO, Watkins' isn't that guy

What did Watkins have like 500 yards on one of the best offenses in football.  He's living off potential at this point.  Crack 1k yards 3 years ago and be 24 and that will get you 16M a year.

I think we can find a guy to get 500 yards a little cheaper. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

You have to overspend on the right guys though and IMO, Watkins' isn't that guy

I get that. But there were 2 difference makers in offense in AR15 and Watkins and they are both gone now. I agree that he’s not worth that. But with our need for difference makers and money, we shouldn’t be playing the penny pinching, target tier 3 guys game.

I’ll still be happy if we land one of Moncrief, Matthews or Richardson. But not 1 of them are difference makers.  

I get that. But there were 2 difference makers in offense in AR15 and Watkins and they are both gone now. I agree that he’s not worth that. But with our need for difference makers and money, we shouldn’t be playing the penny pinching, target tier 3 guys game.

I’ll still be happy if we land one of Moncrief, Matthews or Richardson. But not 1 of them are difference makers.  

I'd argue Sammy Watkins has rarely ever been a difference maker.  Robinson i would have given a bigger deal than the Bears gave him though,

• Like 2