PLAYOFSSSSSSSSS: #3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ #6 BUFFALO BILLS: SUNDAY 1 PM EST

.Buzz

Is it just me or is all these Bills fans saying "50-50 to 60-40 between Jaguars and Bills fans at the stadium Sunday" seem crazy to you?

There's no freaking way. Isn't there 40k season ticket holders alone?

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Is it just me or is all these Bills fans saying "50-50 to 60-40 between Jaguars and Bills fans at the stadium Sunday" seem crazy to you?

There's no freaking way. Isn't there 40k season ticket holders alone?

They’re absolutely crazy. It would mean that every single ticket that hit the secondary market went to Bills fans. And that they also got a ton through back channels.

~45k season ticket holders. 2k tickets sold to Jacksonville military. 2k for refugees. They would have had to get every single one of the other tickets.

Just now, iPwn said:

They’re absolutely crazy. It would mean that every single ticket that hit the secondary market went to Bills fans. And that they also got a ton through back channels.

~45k season ticket holders. 2k tickets sold to Jacksonville military. 2k for refugees. They would have had to get every single one of the other tickets.

That's what I thought.

I'm ready for this week to be over. I came into this week being happy for the Bills (and still sort of am), but good lord is some of their fans (including one in particular on here) overwhelming. Never seen so many people want to prop up their fan base like they do and put another one down. The dude even brought out rankings of fanbases of websites to prove a freaking point.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's what I thought.

I'm ready for this week to be over. I came into this week being happy for the Bills (and still sort of am), but good lord is some of their fans (including one in particular on here) overwhelming. Never seen so many people want to prop up their fan base like they do and put another one down. The dude even brought out rankings of fanbases of websites to prove a freaking point.

Wow you come over here to talk crap about me? Come on I know your better than that. You completely took what I had to say out of context and got mad about it.

Yes I did bring rankings into the discussion but it wasn't to prove a point rather than back an argument. I even went out of my way and said I disagreed with the rankings. 

And your saying that Bills fans came up with those numbers... We did not. Those numbers came off reports from Twitter from reputable sources. I didn't just make that up as a Bills fan. I even said that I doubt its 50/50.. if the reports are true I expect them to be closer to 60/40.

7 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Wow you come over here to talk crap about me? Come on I know your better than that. You completely took what I had to say out of context and got mad about it.

Yes I did bring rankings into the discussion but it wasn't to prove a point rather than back an argument. I even went out of my way and said I disagreed with the rankings. 

And your saying that Bills fans came up with those numbers... We did not. Those numbers came off reports from Twitter from reputable sources. I didn't just make that up as a Bills fan. I even said that I doubt its 50/50.. if the reports are true I expect them to be closer to 60/40.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

That's not me thinking. That's what I've been hearing based off ticket sales. I didn't come up with those numbers. It's why I gave it the benefit of the doubt and said 60-40.

And they weren't that expensive from the start. 20 to 30 minutes after that game I knew some people who bought tickets on stub hub for 170 dollars in section 400 and another for 200 dollars in section 300. I checked the next day and standing room was 300 dollars and section 400 was 400 dollars. Prices soared after the Bills clinched. Even people on a Jags forum said after all we have been through its good to see Jaguar season ticket holders cashing out and getting something in return cause how high Bills fans were buying the tickets for.

And I can't give Jacksonville fans much credit I mean they put tarps of seats and put in a pool cause of lack of people buying tickets. Not exactly the most football town.

25 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

So I've checked out 3 fanbase rankings... The Jaguars are ranked 29th, 31st, and 32nd.  I'm not calling you guys that bad. I have a better perception of your fanbase than those. I'd put you guys in the 20th to 24th range.

Yeah, I took what you said way out of context. No bloating about your fanbase ("We're top 5, only 4 other teams come close to our fanbase")and putting down our's in this at all.

Also, as @iPwn just stated, if the numbers at the stadium would be what you continuously said (60/40, this isn't even 50/50) than every ticket that isn't owned by our season ticket holders and the veterans/refugees that we gave tickets too would have to be Bills fans. I don't know about you, but I'm calling BS.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I took what you said way out of context. No bloating about your fanbase ("We're top 5, only 4 other teams come close to our fanbase")and putting down our's in this at all.

Also, as @iPwn just stated, if the numbers at the stadium would be what you continuously said (60/40, this isn't even 50/50) than every ticket that isn't owned by our season ticket holders and the veterans/refugees that we gave tickets too would have to be Bills fans. I don't know about you, but I'm calling BS.

You act like the season ticket holders and the people you gave tickets to didn't turn around and sell them online. Its not a knock but if I had tickets that we're selling for over 200% you can gurantee I'd sell them online. Heck I'd probably sell them online make a profit then buy new tickets when the price dropped right before the game. Make a 100 bucks and still get to go to the game. 

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

You act like the season ticket holders and the people you gave tickets to didn't turn around and sell them online. Its not a knock but if I had tickets that we're selling for over 200% you can gurantee I'd sell them online. Heck I'd probably sell them online make a profit then buy new tickets when the price dropped right before the game. Make a 100 bucks and still get to go to the game. 

You would need for Bills fans to have bought 100% of those secondary market tickets to get the numbers you’re claiming. It’s unrealistic.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

Our fans haven't seen the playoffs in 10 years. If you think there is a large portion of those people who aren't going to the game...

Also, our season ticket holders were able to buy tickets prior to them being available to the general public. A lot of them did exactly that and re-sold them online for more to make $. There was quite a few of these tickets that were bought/sold on these sites prior to knowing who the opponent on Sunday would be.

Again, if you want to sit here and act like "It could be 50/50, but more realistically 60/40", than go ahead. You'll see Sunday. I have no doubt there will be plenty of away fans there (there always is, there's quite a few Jaguars fans that I follow on Twitter planning a trip up to Pittsburgh for the game the following Sunday if we win), but 60/40 is insane. I can't say I've ever heard of that ever before or even close to that.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Our fans haven't seen the playoffs in 10 years. If you think there is a large portion of those people who aren't going to the game...

Also, our season ticket holders were able to buy tickets prior to them being available to the general public. A lot of them did exactly that and re-sold them online for more to make $. There was quite a few of these tickets that were bought/sold on these sites prior to knowing who the opponent on Sunday would be.

Again, if you want to sit here and act like "It could be 50/50, but more realistically 60/40", than go ahead. You'll see Sunday. I have no doubt there will be plenty of away fans there (there always is, there's quite a few Jaguars fans that I follow on Twitter planning a trip up to Pittsburgh for the game the following Sunday if we win), but 60/40 is insane. I can't say I've ever heard of that ever before or even close to that.

Never heard of a 60/40 crowd before? Hmm odd. Happens pretty frequently with fans that travel well. Pittsburgh does it to Cleveland pretty often. But most of the times from my past experience it happens with NY teams in Florida... And I'm not just saying that. It's because a ton of New Yorkers retire to Florida. I know my grandparents are currently living in Florida during the colder months. Buffalo fans completely helped fill Miami stadium last week. That's why you were hearing fans cheering after the fight and watching all those videos of Bills fans watching the Bengals game from Hard Rock Stadium. But besides football Syracuse actually out number Miami or South Florida fans in basketball... They hate it lol. Not because we travel well but because they're are so many new yorkers living in Florida.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

Never heard of a 60/40 crowd before? Hmm odd. Happens pretty frequently with fans that travel well. Pittsburgh does it to Cleveland pretty often. But most of the times from my past experience it happens with NY teams in Florida... And I'm not just saying that. It's because a ton of New Yorkers retire to Florida. I know my grandparents are currently living in Florida during the colder months. Buffalo fans completely helped fill Miami stadium last week. That's why you were hearing fans cheering after the fight and watching all those videos of Bills fans watching the Bengals game from Hard Rock Stadium. But besides football Syracuse actually out number Miami or South Florida fans in basketball... They hate it lol. Not because we travel well but because they're are so many new yorkers living in Florida.

I'm talking a playoff game. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm talking a playoff game. 

Oh I agree on that front... But there also hasnt ever been two teams that haven't gone to the playoffs in 10 and 17 years respectively so it makes it different than any other playoff game witnessed in our time. Going to be interesting come Sunday... I tell you what tho... The Bills and Jaguars Twitters got a lot of competitive juices flowing. Added a little spice to two fan bases who have been desperately craving a playoff game and to talk about a game in January.

Archived