Preferred web browser   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Web Browsers

• Safari
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Other

14 hours ago, iPwn said:

I'd assume a large portion of usage still happens from office work computers. 

A lot of people still use windows at there house. If you go to a Fry's,  Best Buy or Costco or Walmart they are selling mostly Windows computers. 

2 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

A lot of people still use windows at there house. If you go to a Fry's,  Best Buy or Costco or Walmart they are selling mostly Windows computers. 

Not too mention you can get a decent windows PC up and running for a fraction of the cost of a Mac. Less than $100 easy. 

21 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Website Browser Data on FF

10 years ago (7/28/2007)

1. Internet Explorer (64.62%)
  2. Firefox  (28.93%)
  3. Safari (4.13%)

Today (7/28/2017)  

1. Chrome  (49.68%)
  2. Safari  (31.43%)
  3. Firefox (9.43%)
  4. Internet Explorer (5.83%)

21 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Operating System use on FF

10 years ago (7/28/2007)

1. Windows (93.09%)
  2. Macintosh (5.63%)

Today (7/28/2017)  

1. Windows (42.93%)
  2. iOS (29.61%)
  3. Android (14.51%)
  4. Macintosh (11.25%)

Thanks for the data. Always interesting to see what people are using for OS and browsers 

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Not too mention you can get a decent windows PC up and running for a fraction of the cost of a Mac. Less than $100 easy. 

Good point dude.

Also its not even computers, you can get a tablet with windows to for nothing now a days.  I know so many people who just use tablets. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Good point dude.

Also its not even computers, you can get a tablet with windows to for nothing now a days.  I know so many people who just use tablets. 

My wife got a MacBook and I use it pretty often now, but I used to use an iPad almost exclusively. 

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

My wife got a MacBook and I use it pretty often now, but I used to use an iPad almost exclusively. 

Its got to be easy as hell to grab and just go on it right? Smaller cord to charge it and less charge time needed?

You don't need a table or station or secure surface to keep it planted either... seems like a good move. 

5 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Its got to be easy as hell to grab and just go on it right? Smaller cord to charge it and less charge time needed?

You don't need a table or station or secure surface to keep it planted either... seems like a good move. 

Yeah, I definitely prefer it for browsing the web. I miss having a real keyboard sometimes, especially since the forum upgrade. I might have to buy my first real "computer" in almost a decade, just for this forum.

Before the iPad I was using a Chromebook, used to be a big Google fanboy and got a Chromebook like as soon as they became available. It's been a long while since I've had a real computer with a full blown OS.

16 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah, I definitely prefer it for browsing the web. I miss having a real keyboard sometimes, especially since the forum upgrade. I might have to buy my first real "computer" in almost a decade, just for this forum.

Could just buy an iPad keyboard

Just now, iPwn said:

Could just buy an iPad keyboard

Yeah I had one for a while but spring broke, so it flops all the way open. Keyboard still works, but it's not nearly as useful.

I haven't replaced it because I probably will end up buying a computer anyways. The iPad just doesn't work as well as it could on the new forum with some of the new features. 

15 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah I had one for a while but spring broke, so it flops all the way open. Keyboard still works, but it's not nearly as useful.

I haven't replaced it because I probably will end up buying a computer anyways. The iPad just doesn't work as well as it could on the new forum with some of the new features. 

I'm just going to buy a surface pro. Solves both issues. 

17 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Before the iPad I was using a Chromebook, used to be a big Google fanboy and got a Chromebook like as soon as they became available. It's been a long while since I've had a real computer with a full blown OS.

Yeah i have used tablets before and that was my issue, you can't type nearly as fast or smoothly as you can on a real keyboard. 

Are you thinking going actual desktop?

Archived